Past #4

Fated To Love

Walking down the hallway hand in hand, they kept joking and smiling.

"Oppa, do you think we took too long? Noona is probably mad at us." Min Hee asked cutely.

"Nope. Since it was you who was going to the restroom, she won't say anything. Maybe if it was me, she would have though." He smiled.

"Oppa?" She asked, suddenly stopping.

"Yeah?" He asked curiously.

"Do you.. like Noona?" She asked, tilting her head. There was some sort of excited glint in her eyes.

Feeling himself turn red all of a sudden, he coughed awkwardly. 

"You do???" She asked excitedly.

He looked away in embaressment.

"So you do!!!!!!" She almost screamed.

"Now.." He began, desperately trying to change the subject.

"I'm going to tell her!"

"NO!" He almost screamed.

Taken back, she tilted her head again.

"Then when? Do you need help?" She asked.

Sighing, he felt himself redden even more. "Aish." He mumbled under his breath.

"Don't worry oppa. Your secret is safe with me. Don't be embaressed." She said happily.

He looked at her as she winked at him. 

"Ah!!!! I love fairytales!!"

Looking confused, he asked: " Why fairytales?"

"Cause my sister is like the poor princess and you are like Prince Charming. Cinderella!" She said in a tone as if saying "Duhhh!"

Laughing, he shook his head. He already had her sister's blessing.

"I hope you keep the secret." He bended down beside her. "Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise!" She said happily.

Smiling happily, he stood up. "Now, let's go before your sister gets suspicious."

 

Before they were about to enter the dining room, they heard some fighting going on.

Looking in horror, he saw his manager there, standing next to Min Jee. Knowing the consequences if he saw him, he slowly put his hand on Min Hee's mouth, keeping her quite.

They slowly tiptoed to the left as they watched them fight.

"Why are you here???" He heard his manager say.

"Why should I tell you? You're not in charge of my life!" She shot back.

"Today is Min Hee's birthday, isn't it?" His manager asked again.

As if caught by surprise, she didn't say anything. "Aish. Should have known that brat won't just skip a day like this." His heart dropped after hearing this. He knows.. He had been extra careful. How could he just find out that easily??

"So what?? Are you blaming him now??" She said, as if she was trying to defend him.

"I'm blaming you! You know your place. He doesn't know about your past! What if he falls for you? After knowing everything, he'll be destroyed! He has never believed in love! Do you know what you are doing??" It was as if his manager exploded.

She didn't answer for quite a long time. Her cheeks were slightly red from where he was standing. In back of his mind, this gave him hope; however, he knew that it shouldn't. There were so many things that he seemed not to know. 

"It can't be.." She finally said faintly, shaking her head.

"Do not see him anymore.. Or I'll report you. You can get into quite big trouble young lady." 

"But.. You can't! Do you even have a heart???" She asked, her voice cracked.

"What? Do you like him??" His manager dropped the bomb.

Min Ho's heart started to beat faster as he waited impatiently for her answer.

When she didn't answer, his manager shook his head, sighing loudly.

"I only used him."

"My god.." He looked towards their direction, cursing, however, his eyes went wide.

Min Ho who had been standing there the whole time, didn't realize until it was too late. His mind was too busy processing what he just heard: "I only used him."

"Min Ho ah.." His manager whisperd worriedly as if he too heard his heart, breaking into millions of pieces.

Her eyes wide, she also turned around pale.

His eyes immediately went deep into hers, unable to hold back the pain she had just caused him.

Moments later, he released Min Hee as he just turned back and walked away. He ignored his manager and Min Hee calling after him. At the bottom of his heart, he wanted so badly to hear her, calling his name, begging him to wait so she can explain. But.. she didn't.. And that only made him feel worst.

Was that how a real heartbreak felt like?