Past #1

Fated To Love

Looking at the window anxiously, she tried to calm herself down.

Where in the world was he? This wasn't the only question running through her mind. She didn't know why she had found herself in front of his house at this time of the night, but she needed answers.

Knocking one more time, she closed her eyes, praying that he would answer her. After a few minutes passed, she grew tired of standing and sat down on the nearest step. Rubbing her hands together in hope of getting a little bit more warmth, she felt herself freeze in the cold temperature. Leaning against the wall with her hands in her pockets, she slowly closed her eyes.

Before she could fall asleep, she heard the sound of the door opening. With sleep winning over her, she felt like she couldn't move. Opening her eyes a bit, she came face to face with a worried Lee Min Ho.

"..Min Jee-ssi.." He whispered.

Trying to move, she slowly came back to her senses. 

"You must be cold. Let's go inside." He gentally helped her up, leading her to his house.

Once inside, he made her sit on one of his comfortable couches while he gave her a blanket to warm up with.

A few minutes later, he came with a cup of coffee. Freezing, her hands shaking, she took the coffee, praying that it'll warm her up.

He sat there, looking at her patiently as she slowly sipped from the coffee. Her vision was getting more clear. She finally took a good look around. She was sitting on a black couch, with a red blanket over her. His house was just as she rememberd; neat and clean which still came off as a big surprise to her. She finally looked at him. His hair was wet and messy. While sitting there staring at her, she realized that he must have came out of the shower.

Slowly putting the coffee down on the table in front of her, she wondered how she can start the conversation. However, thankfully, he was the one that took the first turn.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked softly.

Nodding, she looked away in embarrassment. Why did he always had to help her out?

"I'm sorry. As you probably realized, I was taking a shower. I opened the door as soon as I heard it." He explained.

Nodding one more time, she knew that now, it was her turn to talk.

"Thank you.." She started. Looking at him, his eyes searched hers in curiosity. "Thank you for paying for the surgery but I can't take it." She finally said.

Still looking at her, his expression began to change gradually as he softly smiled and shook his head.

"So.. Are you saying that you are not accepting it?" He asked her in a low voice, looking deep into her eyes.

"I appreciate it, but really.. I'm not good with accepting any help from anybody. I'll pay you back for the credit.. But this.. I won't." She said, trying to appear as serious as possible.

"Why? Because it's me that it's paying?" He asked with a curious voice.

Looking away, she tried to think of a way to answer. That was partly the reason why..

"I bet if somebody else had gave it to you, you wouldn't have came back in 2 in the morning to just tell them this right to their face." He said with a rather hurt and angered tone.

The truth was, he didn't know why he payed for it in the first place. And now... When she comes back and acts this way.. It just doesn't help.

Looking at him rather offended, she shot back. "Well.. Maybe that someone had not ruined my life like you did!" 

His angry eyes were inch by inch replaced by hurt as he whispered this time. "You still have not forgiven me?"

Feeling her look soften a bit, she replied. "No. I can never. That job.. Gave me the highest salary out of all the jobs I have."

The look on his face made her want to take her words back. But, he soon gulped down as he smiled, rather trying to cover his hurt face.

"Another reason why that I can't just get it back." 

"Why? Wait.. Are you pitying me right now?!?" She felt her eyes burn in anger.

Taken back, he shook his head immediately. "Why would I?"

"People like you always think that money is everything, but trust me. I'd rather die out of hunger paying for my sister than someone like you, paying for her." She shouted to her surprise.

He didn't reply. Expressionless, he just looked away.

The house was in silence with neither of them able to talk.

She was taken back of how she had exploded all of a sudden. This wasn't her. Looking at him apologetically, she struggled to come up with a way to clean her mess up.

"I like her.." He finally replied, his voice soft as if he would break with the most useless touch.

"The thought of anything happening to her bothers me.." He continued softly. "I know that you can and you will pay for it even if it means the end of your own life.. But.. I feel guilty knowing that if anything happens to her.. That it has been partly my fault.. I can't live with that." 

Nodding once again, she cursed herself inside.

"Just give me a chance. I will not ruin it." He said, this time, looking up. 

Her eyes staring deep into his pleading ones, she knew that she couldn't stop him. Precisely, not that she couldn't, for some reason, she didn't want to.