Painful Goodbye

Fated To Love

"Min Ho ssi!."

Looking at her incredulously, he blinked several times.

"What are you doing here?" He finally heard his voice, trembling.

"Min Hee.." She whispered, her eyes down.

Suddenly panicking, he felt his heart drop.

"What happened to her??" He asked worriedly.

"Today.. is her surgery. You may not see her again.. Can you please come and meet her for the last time?" She begged, her eyes pleading.

Feeling tears rising, he slowly swallowed as he felt his hand shaking. "Wait here."

Nobody said anything during the ride. It was quite; deadly quite. None of them wanted to talk, scared of not being able to control the emotions that were rising.

Min Ho knew his manager well. He probably was already aware of this. At the bottom of his heart, he felt gratitude for his help though he didn't want to admit.

Their steps fast, they walked to her room in a hurry.

Opening the door, Min Ho already felt his chest go heavy.

"Min Hee ah!"

Slowly opening her eyes, she smiled with excitement. "Oppa.." She said faintly.

"Min Hee ah.. I'm so sorry..." He whispered, gripping her small hands into his.

"It's ok oppa. I'm sorry to make you worried." She replied softly.

Smiling, he realized that the medicine is probably kicking in. "Close your eyes. I'll see you later, ok?" He said softly, knowing bottom down that they will probably never talk again.

"Oppa?" She asked.

"Yes?" He answered, doing his best to control the tears that were threatening him to come out any second.

Letting go of his hand, she reached out and picked up the envelope that was sitting next to her bed and gave it to him.

"Read this.." She said, sleepy.

Surprised, he took it. "I will. Rest well. I'll be praying for you." He smiled.

Smiling back, she held his hand even tighter. "Oppa, I love you."

Swallowing the tears down, he replied. "I love you too."

As if she was sure that she had done everything she needed to do, she peacefully closed her eyes.

Kissing her forehead, he memorized every part of her face before finally getting up. Looking at Min Jee, he thought that she probably has a lot to say to her small poor sister. Sighing, he went out of the room, sitting in some chair nearby.

Feeling himself break down inside, he buried his face into his hands. He had to be strong. Even if it was for Min Jee, the person that claimed she was only using him.

Remembering the envelope that he was holding, he looked at it, wondering what might be inside. 

Opening it carefully, he was surprised to see a letter inside. It was full of drawings and hearts. The sight made the tears come back again.

His hands shaking, he began to read carefully.

Oppa,

     I know that you're probably wondering how I wrote this but I asked for help from my nurse. I figured that my sister did something unforgivable, but she didn't mean it. I'm sure. I saw her cry the other day. Don't blame yourself for not calling. It was not your fault. Oppa, your secret is still safe. I look forward to the day you're revealing it ;) Do you know what my birthday wish was? I wanted my sister to be happy. I believe you can make her happy and forget about me. Please do so. :)

Oppa, I love you. Thanks for being like my dad that I missed so much.

Sincerely,

Min Hee <3

He didn't bother to wipe the tears. Instead, he just stared at the picture of all three of them, drawn by herself.

He wasn't sure if he could make it.