Broken Promise

Fated To Love

Cursing under his breath, he closed the door and leaned on it. Closing his eyes, he wasn't sure if he was more nervous about his manager questioning his actions or Min Jee upstairs, probably wanting more explanations because of his behavior earlier.

His steps slow, he walked towards the room, his heart pounding.

Knock knock

The door slowly opened, revealing a pale woman inside. 

Surprised by her appearance, he walked towards her.

"Are you alright?" He asked worriedly.

Pulling away the hand that he had been holding without even realizing himself, she scowled.

"Does it seem like it???" She demanded.

Realizing that she probably had not eaten yet, he looked at his watch. It was 3:00 PM.

"Oh my.. You must be Hungry."

He took her hand once again and she followed him without protesting towards his kitchen.

Sitting down, he felt her watching his every move as he quickly made some egg roles. 

Putting the plate down, he watched her as she ate carefully.

"Does it seem like I'm bad at cooking?" He finally asked.

After some time, she replied. "Ani, I just didn't think that superstars can really cook."

Froze by her answer, he just blinked at her.

"Call me nosy but really, it's hard not to see that big stack of fan mails on your table." She continued.

Coughing, he smiled awkwardly. "So you found out.." He trailed off.

"Well.. Aren't we supposed to talk about last night??" She questioned.

Somehow caught off guard, he looked up.

"Oh.. It's just that it was raining and you were drunk and fell sleep and since I didn't know where your place is.. You know.. As a man, I felt responsible and took you home?" He said nervously, almost like a question. The truth was, he didn't know why himself.

As if surprised by his nervousness, she raised one eyebrow up. "O.K."

He just stared. 

"Well.. Where are my stuff??" She said, getting up.

Caught off guard again, he stood up.

"What do you mean?" He asked nervously, hoping that what he thought was wrong.

"My coat, scarf..?" She looked at him weirdly.

"Oh.. But must you go so soon?" He asked dumbly, pointing at the plate. "You are not even done yet."

Looking at the plate, she smiled. "Thank you for that. Really. It was good. But I really have to go."

Feeling his heartbeat slow down again with his false hopes gone, he looked down.

"Wait here." He walked reluctantly upstairs as he left a confused Min Jee behind.

"Here." He handed everything to her after a couple of minutes.

Wearing her coat and scarf, she walked towards his door.

"Is it because of last time?" He finally couldn't help but ask.

Looking back, she looked at him confused again.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

As if finally getting what he is talking about, she nodded.

"Although I can't forgive you, I am thankful of you, saving me." She replied carefully.

"But is this why that you act so.. Distant??" He asked, somehow broken hearted.

"As far as I can remember, we are not even friends." She replied. His heart dropped.

"Farthermore, I can never trust you. Please leave me alone. I beg you." She continued. Bowing down again, she didn't make a single effort to look back.

Watching her go was all he could do again. After all, in her eyes, he has been nothing but trouble. And that.. Made him feel like the most miserable human being.

His promise.. Was now broken.

And so was his heart.