Breaking Down

Fated To Love

Hours passed. He had lost count. Both of them sat there. Both were trying to figure out what to do. Clearly, sitting there straight like stone didn't help them.

Feeling cold, he hugged himself as he opened his eyes. It was 1 AM. 15 minutes left. So close.

Turning his head around lazily, he looked at Min Jee who also was shivering in cold.

Getting up, he sat next to her. She didn't make a move. She had not the whole time. Her tear stained face was enough to make his own tears come back and cut his heart into two pieces. Looking away, he breathed to calm himself down. Then, he took off his jacket and put it on her. She still didn't move, staring at the ground.

Slowly touching her skinny and pale hands, he almost jumped back at how cold she was.

"Are you ok??" He asked with worry.

She shook her head no.

Touching her hands again, this time he gripped them tightly.

"You must be hungry." He whisperd. "Let me get you some food." He started to get up but her hands grabbed his. Turning back in surprise as his heart skipped, he stared at her pleading eyes.

"Don't.. If he comes out.. I can't take it alone.." She whisperd pleadingly.

Sitting back down, he gazed at her worrily. "Alright." He finally whisperd.

Sighing in releaf, she looked away. However, she didn't take her hand away from his arm.

Taking that as a sign, he slowly approached her hand and grabbed it softly. Then taking both of her hands into his, he tightly held on to them, wanting to warm her up.

Slowly looking up, she gazed up at him. Locking eyes, none of them spoke. It was like the world had stopped. Each other's eyes were all they could see. His heartbeat increasing by seconds, he brought up her hands as he gentally kissed them, not breaking the eye contact. Feeling shivers from his warm lips touching her cold hands, she felt herself tense up. As she was about to lean in closer, the sound of the door disturbed them.

Both shocked and surprised at the same time, got up quickly, shaking audibly.

The doctor looked at them with a sad gaze. Looking down, he sighed. 

"H..how bad is it?" Min Ho asked, trying to be strong.

"I'm sorry." The doctor whispered, walking down the hallway.

His head spinning, he looked over at Min Jee who already had the tears spilling down  her face.

shaking, her right hand covered as she silently cried.

Unable to control himself, he suddenly hugged her tight as if she was going to run away. Resting one hand on his shoulder and other around his neck, she cried onto his shirt. Holding her waist, he rested his head on her shoulder as he also let the tears come down. She went even closer; to the point where Min Ho felt himself against her. Hugging her hard, he felt like she might break. He didn't care. He had a feeling that she will break down for real any minute. He was there to make sure that it doesn't happen. 

He had made a promise to Min Hee and he was going to keep it.