The Pilot

Shape of my heart

Kyuhyun POV

 

“Oppa! You should put the egg first!” Yoona squealed when she saw me put the vegetable first instead of the egg.


“What? I thought you said we should put something that takes a long time to be cooked first. This is carrot. It takes a long time to cook it.” I defend myself.


Yoona puts her hands on her waist and let out a sigh, “I should never ask you in the very first place.” She then turned off the stove. “Just... do your work. I’ll be fine doing this alone.”


I pouted, “Are you... dumping me right now?”

Yoona glared at me, “I’m not dumping you. I’m asking you to continue your work. With you being here, is not helping at all.”

“Yeah, in other words, that means you’re dumping me.” I  murmured.

“What?” barked Yoona when she couldn’t hear the words that i said.

“You’re being nice awhile ago, after i kissed you. But now you’re being cold again.” I slowly approaching Yoona from the back and giving her a backhug, which makes Yoona kinda startled. I lowered my body and whispering right in Yoona’s ear, “Should i kiss you again?”

Yoona’s face turned into a tomato when she heard the word ‘kiss’ again. She’s trying to brushed my hands off of her waist, “Oppa, i still got a work to do. I have to serve some breakfast.”

I’m grinning. I really loves teasing Yoona. Or maybe... can i say ‘my girl’ right now? Well, the words are not spoken yet. But i guessed that we know where this road ends. We both know the meaning of that kissed. Because honestly, Yoona kissed me back earlier. So, it doesn’t need a genius to figure out what is that mean. Right?

“Oppa...” Yoona turned her body and looking at me with her doe-eyed look.

I sigh in defeated, “Alright. I’ll meet you after lunch. Okay?”

 


...


Yoona POV

 

Krystal just got back from her trip awhile ago. Apparently it’s not a regular trip, because she brought back two people from her trip.

“Who are they?” i whispered to her while pointing at 2 new girls who has been doing some cleaning.

Krystal shoved a lettuce to , “I hired them yesterday. They’ll be working in here, start from tomorrow. They’ll be your co-workers. I know that you’re pretty much exhausted doing all the jobs all alone. So i hired two new workers.”

I grinned then hugged her, “Aww... that’s a nice of you. Thank you so much. Well, i don’t mind if you’re cut off my salary for them. Since my pay grade is kinda enough for two people.”

Krystal shook her head, “No. I won’t cut off any of your salary. Your work with them is kinda different. You’ll be like their supervisor.”

I widened my eyes, “Me? A supervisor? You’re not kidding right?”

Krystal stucked her tongue out, “It’s not even funny, unnie.”

I immediately got up and hug her, “Thank you so much, soojung~ah. I owe my life to you.”

“Huh? That’s sounds scary, unnie! I don’t want you to owe my life to me.” she said with a cringe expression.

I grinned. “Well, then, i promise i will work harder for you.”

Krystal chuckles, “Aigoo unnie, you’re so cute!”

 

 

“Can i join the fun?” Kyuhyun suddenly appeared on the doorway. He brought his lunch with him then take a sit beside me.

I can feel my face is burning up all of a sudden. I don’t know why, oh well, scratch that. I know.. why. but i can’t help it. I totally forgot that i promised to meet him after lunch. And now is almost an after lunch time.

“Yeah, sure. Why not.” Krystal answered while grinning. She then giving me an eye signal. Asking why i become awkward all of a sudden.

I just shook my head.

But she insisted. So i pretend to not see her. Which is kinda useless, because apparently Krystal trying to ask it to Kyuhyun directly.

“So, what’s up with you guys two?”

I kick Krystal’s feet under the table.

Aww! Said Krystal anudible.

 “What do you mean?” asked Kyuhyun back.

“You know what i mean. Are you guys dating?”

 

I almost choked with when heard Krystal’s question.

“Are you alright?” Kyuhyun gives me a glass of water. I immediately drink it up.


“Are you alright unnie?” Krystal teased me.

I give her a glare.
 

“We haven’t talked about it yet. But i guess we’re almost getting there.” Kyuhyun answered Krystal’s question.

I bit my lips while stealing a glance to him.
 

“Well then, i guess i’ll just give you both a free time so you can talk about it.” Krystal smile widely.
 

...


Since Krystal give them a free time, Kyuhyun then bring Yoona to the beach near the hotel.

“This place is really beautiful, eh?” said Kyuhyun while staring to the view in front of him. The water is really blue because its reflecting the sky’s color. And the breeze is really calming.

Yoona smiles, “I know, i used to come here, everytime i feel bored or sad.” Yoona then averted her gaze to surround her, “It’s really quiet and peaceful in here. Only a few fisherman that come and go fishing. And a couple of kids building the castle from sands.”

Kyuhyun’s following Yoona’s gaze. There are 3 kids that been busy playing with sands. Seems like they’re a siblings. One boy and two girls.

“Let’s join them!” said Yoona while clasping her hands.

“Eh?”

“Come on, oppa!” Yoona pulled Kyuhyun from his place.

Kyuhyun brushed off Yoona’s hand from his, “No, we came here to enjoy the beach! Not for building castle sands.” He said, hoping that Yoona understand that he just want spending the time alone with her. Not building a castle sands with kids.

But seems like it doesn’t work. Because still wants to play with them, “Fine, i’ll go by myself.”

Kyuhyun’s brows furrowed. He’s cursing on the inside, because seems like Yoona doesn’t understand his intention to make their relationship one step further.
 

“Can i join in?” asked Yoona to those kids.

Two little girls are welcoming her. Meanwhile the older brother seems pretty busy with his own work.

“What’s your name anyway?” asked Yoona to the little girls.

“I’m taeyeon. She is sulli, and that’s joon oppa.” Said Taeyeon while collecting some shells near her feet.

Yoona then decided to help Joon to make the castle foundation. “Can i help you with this?”

Joon is staring at Yoona for awhile then nodded slowly.

“What’s your name, unnie?” asked Sulli that seems like the magnae among those three.

“Ah, i almost forgot. My name is Yoona. Please take care of me.” Said Yoona happily. She really likes kids. She wants to have 2 or 3 beautiful kids and then taking care of them, watching them grow up. It must be nice being a mother.
 

...


Kyuhyun POV

 

It’s been 45 mins since Yoona and the kids are building the castle. And it’s been 45 mins since i’ve been watching them together. Seems like Yoona really likes kids. She can be a good mother someday.

I’m a little bit taken aback when realized that i’m having this thought on my head. I want to have a beautiful kids from her. But seems like this kinda thought is a little bit premature, isn’t it? With a condition like this, i don’t even know will i be able to provide my own family. There’s still a lot of things that need to be taken care of.

Like, my father.

Sungmin hyung warned me a couple of days ago, saying that seems like my father is been planning on something. But he doesn’t know what, because it seems like my father is being suspicious on Sungmin hyung. Seems like he knows that Sungmin hyung is been protecting me. So he put Sungmin hyung into another department. Or maybe you can say that he’s unofficially being exiled.

NOOOOOOO!!!

The kids and Yoona screamed. I turned my head, apparently the wave is destroying their castle. Poor kids.

I stand up to brush off the sands that sticks to my pants. Then walks approaching them. One of the girl’s started to cry.

Yoona then trying to comfort her but it doesn’t work.

 


“Shhh... don’t cry, little girl.” I lifted that kid into my arms and wipe her tears away, “How about oppa buying you guys ice cream?”

“Ice cream?”  she asked carefully.

“But mom says we can’t accept something from stranger.” Said the boys who seems like their older brother.

“I’m not a stranger. I’m her boyfriend.” I said while pointing at Yoona who’s been stunned with my words.

...
 

After spending 20 minutes, enjoying their ice cream, the kids’ mother showed up.

“Thank you for taking care of them. Sorry if it’s bothering you.” she said in an awkward smile. “Come on, say thank you to them.” She whispered to her kids.

Thank you unnie and oppa. See you later.” They’re shouting in unison.

Yoona smiles, “Bye bye... be careful, okay?”

“Ne!!” said Taeyeon while hugging Yoona and Kyuhyun, one by one. And after that she runs to her mother while waving her hand to Yoona and Kyuhyun.

The woman bowing her body to Kyuhyun and Yoona again to express her gratitude and then leave.
 

 

“Seems like you really loves kids, eh?” said Kyuhyun to Yoona that still staring at that family.

Yoona smiles, “Of course i am. Who doesn’t anyway?”

Kyuhyun nodded, “Someday we will have beautiful kids like them.”

“Of co.... what? We?” Yoona averted her gaze to Kyuhyun . She’s staring at him with a confusion look.

“Why? You don’t wanna have kids with me? i mean, you don’t wanna be a mother of my baby?” said Kyuhyun, being straightforward.

Yoona averted her gaze again. Her heart is beating so fast. That guy is not romantic at all. If you want to confess your love to someone or make her mine, there’s much more ways besides saying “You don’t wanna be a mother of my baby?”

Kyuhyun let out a sigh, “That’s some kind of proposing, but you’re not answering me.”

“Oppa, we’re not even dating. Why would you proposing me in that kind of way? That’s weird.” Yoona being stuttered.

“I know.” Said Kyuhyun with an awkward expression which lead Yoona to a laughter.

“Oppa is so cute when you’re being shy..”

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows, “What?? Cute?? I’m not cute! take your words back!” Kyuhyun protested.

“Kyaa..!!  Oppa stop it!” Yoona’s trying to avoid Kyuhyun that has been trying to tickle her waist. “Oppaaa... please stop it..!” she laughs while running to avoid Kyuhyun.

“ Iwon’t stop until you take your words back.” Kyuhyun chased her.

“Okay...! okay, i’m sorry!” Yoona put her hands on Kyuhyun’s chest to prevent him to go any closer to her.

They’re both panting for air.

“So... you haven’t answered me yet.” Said Kyuhyun between his breath.
 

 

Yoona’s looking at Kyuhyun for awhile. She loves this guy. It used to be unrequited love. But now is not anymore. The man himself also showing an interest to her. While he’s here, right in front of her... maybe he would go again someday, leaving her again. Will she take that risk?

Kyuhyun is still waiting for Yoona. He knows that Yoona is been battling with herself right now. Yoona sometimes could be a thinker. He knows that. They’ve been a friend long enough to know such things.
 

“Oh my God, what is that?” Yoona pointing at something at Kyuhyun’s back.

Kyuhyun turned his head to see the way that Yoona’s pointing at. But there’s nothing.

He turned his gaze again, but then he’s a little bit stunned when something’s landing on his cheek. Yoona’s lips. She kissed him.

Kyuhyun gaped “Did you just...”

Yoona immediately turned her body and walk away. She’s too shy to meet Kyuhyun’s eyes right now.

“Hey, where are you going?” Kyuhyun trying to chase her.

“Let’s go home...” said Yoona without even turned her body.

Kyuhyun then managed to reach her. He’s holding Yoona’s hand. “We still got 18 hours left. Let’s heading somewhere else.”

“Where?”

“I don’t know. You tell me. i’m not really familiar with this place.”

“Okay then~~”
 

 

This is the guy that she loves. If there is any risk. Then she’s willing to take it.

 


*I’m so sorry for the slooooooowwwww update. I’m kinda losing a grip with this chapter. I don’t even know what to write /kicks myself/. Thank you for reading ^^