The Pandora Box (ii)

Shape of my heart

After he finished his work, Kyuhyun went to the kitchen. At this hour, Yoona must have been busy washing the dishes, since the lunch time is over.
But when he wanted to go to the kitchen, he heard a familiar laugh from the lobby. Seems like it’s Yoona’s voice. So Kyuhyun took a glance to the lobby.

And it is indeed Yoona’s voice.
She’s there.

Laughing.

With a guy.

Kyuhyun frowned. And his eyes even got widened when he saw the guy hugged Yoona.
Kyuhyun slowly approaching them. He’s clearing his throat while pretending looking for some newspapers on the lobby desk.
Yoona shifted her gaze to Kyuhyun, gave him a quick smile when she saw him, then averted her gaze again to the guy in front of her.

“Oppa, next time you should take me there. You can’t have all the fun by yourself.”

The guy laughed, “I’ll take you next time. But you have to pay me. okay?”

Yoona pouted, “Ya! Oppa! Treat me for once in your life wouldn’t hurt, right?”

The guy Yoona’s hair, “Alright, since i’m nice. I’ll take you next time.” He grinned.

Yoona just smiling widely without noticing the jealous guy near her.
 

...
 

It’s a dinner time.

But kyuhyun already lost his appetite, seeing the view in front of him (again).

Yoona’s been talking to that guy again.

Who is he anyway? And why Yoona seems pretty close with him? Is he her boyfriend? Kyuhyun’s brows furrowed.
 

He’s scanning the guy’s appearance from head to toe. Well, he’s handsome. And he’s quite tall. His body is well build. He must’ve been doing a lot of exercises. His body is really toned. Muscles everywhere. I bet every girl would feel safe around him.
Kyuhyun’s taken aback again with his thought. He let out a deep sigh. Since when i become this pathetic? Kyuhyun asked himself.
He’s looking back at Yoona and found her still talking with that tall guy. He sighed again. He then lazily stood up from his chair and go back to his room. He better drown himself on a worksheet rather than watching Yoona and that tall guy.

 

...

Kyuhyun just finished his work. Actually he still can do it for tomorrow, but since he needs some distraction, he just finished it right away. He stretched his body and yawned. Kyuhyun jerked around and noticed that it’s already 10.00pm which means he already worked up for about 2,5 hours straight.

He need some coffee. So he decided to go to the kitchen and make some.

While he was walking down to the kitchen, he just noticed that it’s actually raining really hard. He couldn’t really hear it from inside of his room.

Kyuhyun takes a peek while he’s accrosing the dining hall. Just in case Yoona is still there to do some cleaning. But he could only sigh in a disappointment when found out there’s no one there.

He hang his head down and slowly walking to the kitchen.

 

“Dang!” Kyuhyun’s cursed out when a blackout happened all of a sudden. He rummage his pocket to find his phone when he realized he does not have one. He already threw away his phone after he received a call from Sungmin.

Kyuhyun decided to go back to his room when he heard a girl’s voice.

“Is there someone there?” she asked in a desperate tone. Her words are a little bit stuttered. Kyuhyun’s brows furrowed. He recognized that voice.

“I’m so scared... i can’t see anything. Is there someone there?” asked the girl again.

Yes. Know Kyuhyun is pretty much sure that it’s Yoona’s voice. “Yoong?” he asked. “Yoona..?”

“Kyu...?” Yoona tried to follow Kyuhyun’s voice. She walked slowly.

“Yes it’s me. Where are you? It’s really dark. I can not really see you.”

Yoona tried to reaching out in the darkness, “I’m following your voice right now. Can you do the same?”

Kyuhyun trying to do the same thing like Yoona. He’s following her voice. And then he feels something is touching him.

“Oppa?”

“Yes. I’m here.” Kyuhyun immediately pulled her into his hug.

“Oppa... I’m so scared.” Yoona almost cried in Kyuhyun arms. She really hates darkness.

“Shhh... It’s okay. I’m here...”

 

...

It’s been an hour since the blackout. Krystal said, the electricity company just called her and said one of the electric pole’s broken because of the lightning struck on it. It’ll take time to fix it. But they’ll try to fix it as soon as possible.

Yoona frowned, “I won’t be able to sleep today.”

“Why?”

“It’s really dark. Although we light a candle, but still... i’m alone at that cottage. I could sleep with Krystal but she’s not coming home tonight.” Yoona hugs her own feet.

They’re sitting on the lobby, accompanied by a light of candle. They just giving out candles to the guests left. While Kyu is giving the candles, Yoona just keep tailing him while holding to his t-shirt.

He knows that some girls really hate darkness. Even his noona. “I’m going to accompany you tonight.”

Yoona lifted her head, “Really? But... we’re not...”

Kyuhyun chuckled. He knows what’s on the girl’s mind, “Don’t worry. I won’t do harm to you. I can just sleep on the couch or maybe sleeping bag.”

Yoona smiles shyly, “I’m sorry. I did not mean to...”

“It’s okay.” Kyuhyun cuts off her words.
 

...


Yoona POV

I couldn’t sleep at all. I don’t know. My mind keeps thinking about the guy who slept 2 metres away from me. I mean, this is the first time i’m sleeping with a guy in the same room. Well, i supposed to feel safe, right? Since he’s accompanying me.

I turned my body again for the umpteenth times.

“You haven’t sleep yet?”

I almost jump out from my bed when i heard his voice. I turned my body again. Kyuhyun just opened his eyes. And he’s been staring at me.

I gulped down, “Uh.. no. I couldn’t sleep. You couldn’t sleep either?”

Kyuhyun let out a sigh, “For awhile, i guess.” He then clasp his hands and covering his face in between. “There’s something bothering my mind.”

“What is it? Maybe i could help.” I said hesitantly.

He lowered his hands to his chest then put his gaze on me again. We’re staring at each other for God knows how long. The only thing that makes me averting my gaze is the sound of vibration from my phone.

I’m  reaching for it then read the caller ID on it.

Private Number
Calling

I furrowed, then hesitantly answering that call while reading the time. 04.15

“Y.. yes? ... Yes, i know him... okay...” i tilted my head then looking at Kyuhyun, “He’s looking for you.”

Me? asked Kyuhyun in inaudible sound while pointing at himself.

I nodded. Then giving my phone to him.

“This is Kyuhyun..... Ah! Sungmin hyung...! What’s going on? Any updates for me?” Kyuhyun then going to the outside.

I bit my lips. Seems like there’s something serious, judging from the caller’s tone of voice. I take a peek to Kyuhyun from the windows.

It’s only his silhouette, but i could feel his emotions through it. You might think that i’m delusional. But from his silhouette, i can tell that he’s in despair, worried, and sadness. He might looked a little bit ignorant and kind of person who has no worries at all. But sometimes i’ve seen sadness from his eyes.... and kinda lonely.

Maybe that’s why i love him. Because sometimes i feel sorry for him. He lives in a wealthy family. That kind of ‘what you want is what you get’ family. But since his parents are always busy, so Kyuhyun didn't get much attention except from his noona. But later, her noona studying abroad. So, Kyuhyun is practically living all alone with his guardians.

Me and Kyuhyun are living on the same neighborhood. So it’s a common sense that we would go to the same school. To be honest, we used to be pretty close. We’re both went to the same pre-school. & elementary school.

In our first 3 years on elementary school, we’re always together. Played together, studied together. But things started to change when we’re stepped on the  4th grade. It’s all started when one of his friends made fun of us. That we’re like a siamese. That always use the same things, always sit together in class, study together. And worst they even said that we’re getting married soon, having a kid.

That’s really annoyed Kyuhyun. We’re just kids. And sometimes we’d get fool easily. We’d get scared easily. So he set a distance between us. Pretending that we never knew each other. And then he started to change into someone that i don’t know.

Even worst... he started to mocking at me, with his friends. And i started to get hurt. Which made me realize that i actually love him.
 

...


Kyuhyun POV

I got up when i heard a chirping sound from the outside. I’m yawning and straightening my body.

I’m looking to Yoona’s bed, and just realized that she already got up before me. I shifted my gaze to the clock. 06.30

I’m yawning again then forced my lazy to moved from the comfortable couch.

I was going to stepped out from the cottage when i realized i haven’t put back Yoona’s phone to her. Last night, after Sungmin hyung called me, i wanted to give back the phone to Yoona. But she’s already fell asleep. And i was distracted by her beautiful figure when she’s sleeping. So, i forgot to return her phone, instead i'm just staring at her like an idiot for half hour.

I’m walking to the table near her bed and put the phone back to its place.

When i’m about to leave, i accidentally bumped into the chair besides me, which makes some stuff on top of it, fell. I furrowed, ‘Why would Yoong put books and papers on a chair?’ i gathered it all then put it back on the chair. That’s when i noticed something. A piece of paper just came out from the book.
 

...

“You should leave again, oppa?”

Siwon oppa hugged me, “I’m sorry, honey. I should go. I still have some works to do. I promise i will visit you again next time. Okay?”

I nodded heavily. I know, i should’t show him my sadness. But i couldn’t help it. Siwon oppa is the closest person that i have. He’s the only family that still keeping a contact with me. So when i’m with him, i won’t feel alone.

“I’ll contact you when i reached Japan. Hey...” Siwon averted my gaze, “Smile for me please...”

I looked for him for awhile then give him my best smile, “Take care oppa.”

Siwon nodded, “You too. See you soon, okay?”

“Yes oppa. See you soon... take care...” I’m waving to him as i watched the cab that brought him slowly drift away.
 

When i can’t see the cab that bring him anymore. I turned my body and got a little bit startled when i see Kyuhyun on the doorway.

“What are you doing here?”

Kyuhyun’s waving a paper on me.

I tried to read the words on the paper an realized something. How’s he....

“So you’ve been watching on me?” He slowly walking towards me. “I feel honored.”

“I... how’d you... did you...?”

“It does not matter where did i get it.” He stared at me intensedly. Then he grabbed my hand, “What matters now is.... this....”

I widened my eyes as i feel his warm lips on mine.