Curtain Call

Shape of my heart

Soojung can't sleep. She usually finds it hard to sleep in a new place. It will take time before she will finally be able to sleep. Meanwhile Yoona was already departing to her dream land since like 2 hours ago. She must be tired after 3 hours drive, she's pregnant after all, which makes her energy drained up a little bit more faster.

Soojung was playing with her ipad when an email notification popped out all of a sudden. Soojung raised her eyebrows when she read the sender's name darkangel94114. Judging from the number, seems like it’s from jongin. Jongin’s a hacker. So he can’t stay using only one email ID.

Soojung is pretty impressed with jongin's work. He's pretty fast. She was just filed the request this morning and 16 hours later she already got a full report. Now she knows why her cousin  is one of the most wanted hacker in the city.

It will be deleted in 5 seconds after the file is downloaded

Soojung creased her forehead when that notification all of a sudden popped up on her screen. Right after the download notification appears, in seconds, email from jongin is gone.

Soojung clicked her tongue in amusement seems like you deserve some credit, jongin. She opens the file and read it carefully.

 

Apparently Park Hana is not her real name. That's why she couldn't find it anywhere. She has a lot of aliases. There are Park Hana, Park Ahra, Park Jina, and lastly Margaret Park. In business industry, she is known by her aliases name. Meanwhile her real name is Cho Ahra.

 Soojung knitted her brows, why would someone has a lot of aliases? She doesn't get it.

She continues reading her profile background thoroughly. She is about to turns another page when the last sentence of the page caught her attention.

She read it once again to make sure.

..she is the first daughter of Cho Seunghwan (the owner of Cho Group Ltd), meanwhile her brother, Cho Kyuhyun, will be the next successor of Cho Group Ltd, which previously...

Soojung can't believe this. That's why Mrs. Park or Ahra or whatever her name is, being ridiculously nice to them. All of a sudden she realized, everything is not about the hotel expansion. A very strange coincidence if it is, meanwhile soojung believes that there's no such thing as coincidence. Soojung averts her gaze to Yoona who's lying next to her. Could it be....? Soojung laughs bitterly. Who are you Cho family? And why are you involving me into this?

 

...

 

"Now tell me everything that i need to know. Why yoona is in town, and what kind of plan that you guys actually working up right now?"

 "I will tell you but you have to promise me.."

 "I won't give you any promises. I don't have any obligation to you, I'm a grown up man. You can't dictate me what i should do and what i shouldn't do. Just tell me the damn plan already!!" Kyuhyun demands.

At this point, angry is such an underrated word. Kyuhyun just couldn't understand why would his sister keeps him in the dark? Yes, he admit that sometimes he could be careless or reckless but whatever plans that Ahra's doing right now, it involves him and also Yoona. So he has every rights to know about it.

"Alright. Alright kyuhyun." Ahra let out a heavy sigh. Her brother is as stubborn as she is. Eventually he has to know. It’s just a matter of time.

“Bbasically this plan will bring an advantage for you and me. I just hope our dad won't find out until everything is settled." ahra paused for awhile, "I bought them a hotel using my own shares from Cho Group Ltd."

 Kyuhyun lifts his gaze and staring at ahra in disbelief, "You what?"

 

....

 

“Where have you been?”

Kyuhyun jumped out in surprise when he finds Sooyoung halfly lying on his bed. He immediately grab one of his bathrobe and wear it on.

Sooyoung rolls her eyes, “Oh please Cho Kyuhyun. You act like you’re still . I’ve seen it all. Relax..” a taunt smile appears on the corner of her lips.

“When will you learn how to knock?” asks Kyuhyun in displeased tone. It is true that they have a past before but since they’re not this time, he needs some private space. “Besides, what are you doing in here? Go back to your own room.”

Sooyoung clicks her tongue, “So rude. I’m your fiance. I can do anything i want.” She slowly approaches Kyuhyun and hug him from the back. “Don’t you miss me? Don’t you miss ... us?”

Kyuhyun let out a frustration groan. He can just shrug her off. But he still remember what his noona said earlier.

Don’t make a scene, Kyu. As for now, just do whatever your fiance wants. We still need more time. If you do anything stupid that draw her attention, it’ll ruin our plan. It’ll be wasted for nothing. I already do my job. Now that you know already. Please, restrain yourself. Do yourself a favor.

“It’s almost dinner time. You want to go out and have some dinner?” Kyuhyun asks half heartedly. It’s the only way. The only safe way to be around Sooyoung without any problems involved.

A wide smile appear on her face, “I thought you will never ask. Give me 20 minutes and off we go. Okay?” Sooyoung disappears from Kyuhyun’s room in an instan. Maybe to touch up herself or something, Kyuhyun doesn’t care.

He let out a sigh. It’s going to be a very long night. He then randomly choose his clothes from his walking closet. His thought is occupied by all the things that his noona said earlier. To be honest, he feels cheated because apparently Ahra is using him. She was lying to him. She ‘borrows’ 12% of his shares in all their father’s company and plant it on her husband’s company. Ahra only told him a gist of her plan. Not everything. But whatever it is, he’s smart enough to read her original plan.

It’ll be over soon. He assures himself.

 

...

 

Soojung’s supposedly to be given 3 days before she finally can start to prepare everything related to the new hotel. Basically Soojung will have a role as the manager hotel and as a manager, of course she should have a knowledge about the hotel itself.

Starting off a new business, a large scale one, of course it wouldn’t be easy. She needs a strong team who already have an experience before. Therefore, Mrs. Park will provide every capable people available in order to help her.

 

Today is the fourth day they’re in Seoul, it means they have to start their first new meeting with the team and also with Mrs. Park.

“I’m so nervous, unnie. We will be dealing with the real businessmen in here. Meanwhile me... i don’t have any experience at all.” Soojung starts to feel the coldness that slowly roaming in her hands.

“You will be fine, honey. Just consider this as a meeting with your suppliers. Keep calm and collected. You’re the manager. You have to show what you’re capable of.” Yoona soothes Soojung. Confidence, is the only thing that Soojung needs right now. Sometimes Yoona thinks that Soojung always lack in that area. She always underestimate herself.

 

“Good morning Soojung and Yoona.” Mrs. Park greets them once Soojung and Yoona enter the meeting room that’s held at Park Heritage Ltd office. Earlier at 6, she sends her chauffer to their apartment to pick them up and drove them here.

Soojung and Yoona greet her back in unison. To be honest, Soojung feels relief to see the room is still empty. It feels weird if the room is already filled with the people who are waiting for her. All eyes on her, judging her appeareance and such. She doesn’t like that kind of attention.

“They’ll be here in 15 minutes.” Mrs. Park seems already know what’s on Soojung’s mind. “No need to be nervous. Just get yourself ready.”

Yoona pats Soojung on her back, convincing her mentally that everything is going to be fine.

 

As she promised earlier, the team that consist of 15 people has arrived 15 minutes later. Mrs. Park introduces them one by one. They are all divided into 6 department. Communication and Services department, Accounting & Financial department, Marketing department, Renewal and Care department, Supplies and  Inventory department, and the last is Human Resources department.

Soojung and Yoona tries to remember their name and also department that they’re working in. If it’s necessary, they’ll take a note and wrote down their name and also profile.

 

After a short introduction and 1½ hours of brainstorming, the rough initial plan has already out. There’s still more to discuss but they have to do another research. Therefore the meeting will be pushed on the next Monday.

Overall it’s not as bad as Soojung think. Everything went well. The team is really friendly and being really helpful. Although they have a very huge gap in age, but they can communicate well and also listen closely to every advices that Soojung gave.

 

“By the way, yoona, i forgot to tell you something..” Mrs. Park makes Yoona halts her steps from  walking out from the meeting room. “I’ve told you that both accounting & financial department and supplies & inventories department will be working together to fill up the hotel, right?”

“Yes. You told us earlier.”

“Since you’re a part of S&I department, you’ll be dealing with people from A&F department.  You have met with the head of financial team but haven’t with the head of accounting team yet. He can’t come today. So you can go to meet him this Friday night.”

Yoona looks confuzzled, “A meeting outside  the office?”

Mrs. Park clasps on Yoona’s shoulder, “It’s okay, i will be there too.”