gray paper

Shape of my heart

“The girl is in Seoul already, sir.”

“Since when?”

“I’m not quite sure. Seems like 2 weeks.”

“Have they met yet?”

“No. Seems like neither of them aware of each other’s existence. She’s here not for him.”

“Really? Keep watching  on her.”

“Alright, sir.”

 

 

“Are you planning to give me a silent treatment forever? I mean, you keep giving me a cold shoulder since 20 minutes ago.” Kyuhyun waits for Yoona’s response. When he’s not getting any, he took few steps in front of Yoona, “At least if I did something wrong, tell me. Don’t just ignore me like this.”

Yoona still refused to look at Kyuhyun. “Just drive me home. I don’t want to talk right now.”

Kyuhyun let out a sigh, “Fine. But at least please look at me.”

Yoona scoffs, “Fine. I’ll go home by myself then.” Yoona turns her body around and starts walking to the roadway.

Kyuhyun can’t believe this. He doesn’t know what is exactly happen. Why suddenly yoona become like this? “Yoona wait.” Kyuhyun takes a huge step and try to catch up with Yoona, “Come on, I’ll take you home.” He says, pulling her back into his car. “We’ll try again tomorrow.”

 

 

“Yes come in.” Ahra replies to the knock on her door. She’s been checking to the invoice and other papers related to the hotel’s payment and also the share on his father’s company that will be affected if anything happens to the new hotel. Seems like 7,5% is a pretty good number for her, since last year Cho Group didn’t distribute dividend for the shareholder for the sake of plant expansion to Singapore. They’d be very pissed if they lost another 7,5% worth of the company.

A sound of stiletto is echo-ing on her office, “Good morning, Yoona. What brought you to my office first thing in the morning? I’m a little bit busy, so just please take me to the point.”

 

When yoona is about to open to ask about her ‘coworker’ last night, at the same time the said coworker  barging into Ahra’s office without noticing her present, “Noona, we should revise the MoU because I’m afraid they will— Oh you’re here?” Kyuhyun abruptly pause his steps as he finally realized that his sister is not alone.

“Noona? She is your noona? You guys are sibling?” Yoona shifts her gaze between Kyuhyun and Ahra. Shock expression is stated on her face.

There’s an awkward moment of silence before Kyuhyun finally say, “I can explain.”

 

 

“I can’t believe this. You guys are using Soojung! The girl that I put respect on. She’ll be sad if she knew about this. That she’s involved in your games.”

“She already know.”

“She— “ Yoona’s lost for words. She turns her back on Kyuhyun. She really can’t believe this. Now she feels guilty for Soojung, she wasn’t supposed to involve in any of this. Everything has become complicated and she didn’t even know what to do.

“Yoona..” Kyuhyun put his hands on Yoona’s shoulder. When Yoona didn’t give any response, he slips his hands from back and back hug her, “Hey, I’m sorry that my sister have to do this. But her intention is good. She just wanted me to be with you, with someone that I love.” He gives her a light peck on her cheek.

Yoona impulsively looks away, which somehow makes Kyuhyun’s confidence vanished into thin air.

“Don’t be good to me. You already have fiancé. How would she feel if she finds out about this?” yoona bit her inner cheek, ignoring the aches that squeezes her heart out.

Kyuhyun exhales heavily as he rubbing his forehead, “So this is about my engagement? Listen, yoong, i know that we’re in such a complicated situation right now. But as I said earlier, my sister has a plan for us. Tonight… tonight all the contracts will be signed. And.. and after, that, we just have to wait. So please hang on to it. Please…” Kyuhyun pleaded, placing his head on the crook of Yoona’s neck. His body’s tremble. They are this close, she’s here. Kyuhyun doesn’t want to lose her again. Not after what he has been through. He lost her once, twice, he doesn’t need the third fourth or any other time anymore. “Please?” he almost whispered.

That’s all it takes for Yoona to give in. In a split second, he’s already in her embrace. When you are in love, no matter what your mind says, you will eventually listen to your heart. No matter how her mind tells her to just give in, her heart chooses to stay. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry..”

 

 

“You just need to sign in here.” Ahra’s lawyer points at the bottom of the paper with Yesung’s name on it. It’s supposed to be Yesung’s father that come and sign on the contract but he insisted that he needs to come. He needs some clarification from Ahra about something.

“There.” Yesung says as he finished signing on the contract.

The lawyer nods in satisfy, “As we promised, tomorrow we will wire the money to your account and issue the common stock under your name published by Cho Group Ltd.”

“I know. Take your time. In the mean time, can you please leave both of us since everything’s done? I need some private time with her.” Yesung utters without leaving his gaze from the woman in front of him.

The lawyer only nods in understanding. He is paid for handling the business matter not the personal one. So he gathers all his stuffs and taking for his leave.

 

“Come on. We need to go to some place that much more convenient rather than here.” Yesung takes Ahra’s hand after he’s making sure that the lawyer already left the place. He needs a private place because the things that he’s going to ask, will require a lot of emotions. Making a scene in public is the least thing that he wants to do.

 

He takes her to his apartment. Ahra still recognize the apartment, the arrangement is still the same. The couch, the TV, the bookshelf, all are still the same. Ahra couldn’t help it but to stare at Yesung’s bedroom. To the place when they used to be intimate.

“Have a seat. I will grab some drinks for us.” Yesung takes off his coat and put it recklessly on the couch. Meanwhile Ahra unknowingly and naturally put the coat to its right place, the coat racks near the front door. It used to be become her habit when they were still together.

Yesung saw that through the corner of his eyes. There’s this warm feeling crawling up inside him and spreads carefully to that scene. It’s been what? Almost 5 years. They’ve been through enough. It’s a pretty long time but on the other side it’s almost feels like nothing compared to those times that they had spent together, for almost 11 years. Ahra hasn’t changed a bit, both to her beauty and also her personality. She’s still the same Ahra that he recognized and the most important thing is she still loves him. No matter how ridiculous does it sounds, but their love is still the same like it was several years ago. If possible, it grows stronger. At least for Yesung.

And tonight, he will make her to talk about the things that she hid from him after all this time. Knowing Ahra for too long, he knows that it won’t be easy. But he will get the answer, one way or another.

“I met Dayoung today.” He starts a conversation as he pour cocktails to two glass, their forever favorite drinks among any other.

“Yeah? She didn’ t tell me anything about it.” Ahra all of a sudden feels uneasy about where will this conversation go. Could it be that he finally realized it?

In a split second, Yesung already joined Ahra sitting on the couch and ing the cocktail glass in his hand to Ahra, “She didn’t? Oh.. maybe because she’s afraid with you.”

Ahra laughs nervously, she looks away and moving the liquid on her glass to her stomach, “Afraid of me? Why would she be afraid of me?”

Yesung observing Ahra’s expression for awhile and then pour another glass of cocktail to Ahra’s empty glass, “Really? She told me everything Ahra.” He pauses, “she told me that somehow, inadvertently, you asked her not to be close with me.” Yesung says calmly, there’s no sign of curiosity or judging tone in his voice.

“I’m not asking her not to be close with you. I’m asking her not to disturb you all the time. I know that you’ve been busy recently. So I don’t want her to show up every day in your door.”

Yesung nods slighty, “Okay. I understand. Thank you for being considerate, that’s a really nice of you. But she’s not a burden at all for me. In fact, I kinda like her. She’s really a smart girl and really dotted on my dog. And, do you know that he likes turtle too?” it’s more like a statement than a question.

He knew, Ahra thought. It’s not like she wants hiding things for him but she just didn’t know how to explain this things to both Yesung and Dayoung.

It’s true that Yesung have met Dayoung again today. He picked her up from her school, having some lunch and then went to the petshop. Mingling with the little girl for almost 4 days makes Yesung somehow observing the little girl. The way she laughs, her habits, her expression, even to her favorite drinks and foods. All of it becomes a part of his attention right now. He can’t help but wondering all the similarities that they share. It’s like watching himself in a different version.

“I just want to know the truth, Ahra..” Yesung stares at her intently, “dayoung… is she my daughter?”

Ahra closes her eyes as Yesung finally asking the question. All of a sudden, all the things that happened when she found out about her pregnancy are flashing right before her eyes. She of course felt happy but confused at the same time. Not even once after their wedding night, she’s making love to her official husband. She kept refusing and rejecting every seduction to her. If her husband finds out about her pregnancy, she’s afraid he’ll tell her father, and her father eventually will ask her to kill the baby on her wombs and she didn’t want that to happen.  So she tried to keep this thing from everyone.

Until one day she found out about the affair that her husband did. Other than her, he’s actually keeping like 4 wives at the same time (including her) and apparently the other wives don’t know about this, so Ahra’s making a deal with Jungsu and Jungsu easily agreed to that.

“Ahra…” Yesung’s voice brings her back from her reverie, “is she— is she my daughter?”

Ahra can’t hold the secret anymore. She can’t hold the tears that threaten to escape from her eyes anymore longer. Ahra looks directly at Yesung’s dark orbs, “Yes. She is your daughter. She is our daughter.”

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

a/n woops sorry not much of kyuna in here, because this fact needs to be revealed. more kyuna on the next chapter. and..... maybe 6 chapters more left. i realized that i'm losing my muse to this story already because actually i just dislike writing a chaptered fics ^^;; thank you for still sticking around anyway :)