Order in chaos

Shape of my heart

“It’s done. It’s good for now. But maybe tomorrow the pain will be double up. So I’m suggesting you…”

“I’ll be alright. Thank you ma’am..” Kyuhyun pulled his hand right away. He doesn’t care about the pain. It was nothing. Something else is more important than his hand right now. Kyuhyun’s too busy with his own thought, to the point he failed to see the shock expression from the woman in front of him.

“Ma’am?” she laughed dryly, eyes unfocused, “but kyu, that’s not how you..”

“Isn’t that what you and he always told me when I was a kid?” Kyu’s staring unfocusedly at his own hands, “that I supposed to address you that way. It’s always been ma’am and sir and nothing else. Please don’t tell me that you forget. Because I’ve been trained well enough to call you ma’am, and that guy, sir, ever since.” Kyuhyun shifted his gaze back to his mother just to find out the hurt look in her eyes. Did he say something wrong? Since when she looks really that fragile?

“I’m sorry.” she support her body on her chair and later, she’s slumped to that chair. “We’re not supposed to treat you that way. I.. was not supposed to treat you that way.. are you.. are you hating me right now? Please don’t..” she’s pleaded through her eyes, “Your sister hates me already. Though she never tell, but i know, deep down, she hates me too. And I can’t afford you to hate me too.. I’m really sorry, kyu..”

……

Kyuhyun’s resting his head on his hands. He can’t sleep. He feels uncomfortable. It’s kind of weird when you at your own house but it’s full of strangers and the only feel that surrounding you is hate instead of love. He hates his father. He was raised in such a hard way. Sometimes he envied other kids. At age 5, you’re supposed to live with no worry or burden. You’re supposed to receive a lot of attention from your parents. But it’s different with Kyuhyun. Started at age 5, he already received a lot of courses. Piano course, math course, English course, and any other course that he can’t recall. At 6 he already got up, 7 at school until 12, and then the rest of the time he’d get those courses. He couldn’t play normally like any other kids who spent their time at theme park. He even barely met his father or mother. His father will only check up on his progress every end of the week. He’s doing bad, he’ll be punished, he did good, he’s asked to do better. He’s never been good enough for his father.

Meanwhile his mother, she’s not really that strict like his father. But she wasn’t around that much either. The only thing that she cares is charity event, she’s a chairman in one of charity institution. It’s kind of irony isn’t it? Doing all the charity stuff but neglecting your own children. Kyuhyun didn’t know which one is worse, being neglected or getting stuffed with the courses.

Meanwhile her sister, Cho Ahra.. He was supposed to close with her. Ahra is a good sister. If Kyuhyun is the obedient type then Ahra was the rebellion type. Was. She has changed after she got married. An arranged marriage. Of course her first reaction to that arranged marriage was bad. She had a boyfriend at that time and since she’s the rebel one, she planned to escape with her boyfriend, Yesung. Too bad at that time Mr. Cho already got his hands on Yesung’s family. After did some research, He managed to find out that Yesung’s dad owns a company. It’s such an unfortunate that eventually they’re a business partner. Yesung’s dad own a real estate company. It’s a newborn company. They sign a contract with Building Sky, Inc., a construction site company which is owned by Cho Group Ltd. All in all, Mr. Cho threatened to bail out the fund for company’s project if their kids didn’t go back at 24/2, which could fail the company. Mr. Cho didn’t care that a lot of people’s life’s hanging on a thread because of that.

“What are you doing at this hour?” Ahra’s awake to the zipper sound and also a hurried footstep.

“We should go back, Ahra.”

“What?”

“We should go back.” Yesung put his last clothes to his bag.

Ahra stared at him in confusion, “What are you talking about? Why are we going back?”

Yesung let out a sigh. He looks confused and lost at the same time. “Your father threatened my dad.”

There’s a long silence before finally Ahra managed to let out a voice. “Wha… How?” Ahra barely can hear her own voice. Ahra knows that her father can be overboard sometimes. But this is too much. Why on earth someone would do that? Threatening someone in order to make them do what others want them to do. “What did my father say?”

Yesung rubbed his forehead before finally biting off his nails, one of his bad habit when he’s stressed out, “He said, he will bring down my dad’s company if we don’t go back at 24/2. That’s why we have to come back tomorrow. I’m sorry. It’s my father. I can’t let him to afford that. I can’t, Ahra. I’m sorry.”

Ahra hugged him when she felt his body started to tremble. This is the first time she saw Yesung in this state. His father definitely knew Yesung’s weakness and hit him at the right spot, “Sshh.. It’s okay. It’s okay. I understand."

“I love you. But I can’t just abandon my family like that. I’m really sorry…” he kept saying those words like a broken tape.

A week after that, Ahra finally getting married with someone who’s 12 years older than her. A man that her father chose.

The first time Kyuhyun met her sister is a month after she’s getting married. And it was a painful sight for Kyuhyun. Her lively sister has changed into something that he doesn’t recognize. She was losing some weight, she looked pale and pretty much quite. Everytime their gaze met, her eyes were like asking him to rescue her.

“Are you alright noona?”

It’s a simple question. A simple common question. But it managed to make her sister cry. His heart’s like being squeezed seeing her like this. His sister was a strong girl. She is a strong woman. She never cry. If she’s crying, it must be because she couldn’t hold it anymore.

“Kyu~ah…”

"Yes?”

“Promise me something… promise me that you won’t be like me. Promise me that you’ll fight him. Show him that you’re a human being that have your own will. Don’t end up like me.”

At that time Kyuhyun didn’t take her words seriously, because he didn’t know that his father will do the same thing for him. But right now, he knows that he have to fight for his girl. He have to fight for Yoona.

Seunghwan (Mr. Cho), Jihyo (Mrs. Cho), Sooyoung, and Kyuhyun are having breakfast together that morning.

“Aren’t we feel like a family already? Eating breakfast together like this? Well, minus Sooyoung’s parents of course.” Seunghwan started a conversation.

“Should i invite my parents, then? Since they just got back from Chicago last night. We can have dinner together tonight.”

Seunghwan nodded, “Well sweet heart, actually I already invited them tonight to discuss about your engagement party this weekend.”

Kyuhyun lifts his head up, “I’m sorry. Come again?”

“Your engagement party, son. We already decided it will be held this weekend.”

“We? Does that including me? Because I never agreed to anything like that. Just because I’m going back home, it doesn’t mean…”

Seunghwan scoffs, “It doesn’t mean what? Are you trying to show me what you’re capable and not capable of? Really? You can say anything that you like. But like it or not, it’s been decided already. I’m suggesting you, just to lay low until the day, or else…”

“Stop… please stop..” Jihyo raised her voice, she can see a shock expression’s stated on his husband’s face.

There’s a silence before finally her husband responds, “Don’t meddle into this. This is not for your concern. Just stay out of this.”

“Yeah come in.” Kyuhyun lazily replied to a knock on his working room. But a smile immediately appears on his face when he sees Sungmin. “Hyung!!”

Sungmin bows to him. “I’ve heard that you just got back yesterday. So I decided to come.”

“Oh my God, what happened to your face, hyung?” Kyuhyun noticed a faded bruise and scars on Sungmin’s side face, “Why… don’t tell me my father did this to you..”

Sungmin smiles, “It’s okay, Kyu. Don’t worry about me.”

“But hyung!!” kyuhyun insisted.

“Why are you getting back anyway?” Sungmin converted the conversation, “You know that you can never go out again once you go in. Your father will not let you go this time. You know that right?”

Kyuhyun let out a heavy sigh. “I know hyung. I know. But Sooyoung appeared and my plan is ruined. My father found out about Yoona’s background. Everything is a messed, hyung. I don’t know what to do now. This weekend my engagement party will be held.”

Sungmin draw a weak smile on his face, “How I wish that I could help you. I really do. But your father cut me off from every source so I can’t do anything about it…”

Kyuhyun shook his head, “You did a lot for me, hyung. Don’t worry. We’ll find another..”

“I haven’t finished yet..” a smirk appeared on Sungmin’s face, “…but I know someone who might be able to help us.”

Kyuhyun knitted his brows but remembering how smart Sungmin is, he believes that Sungmin already have a plan. And whatever the plan is, it must be pretty good.

...

It’s been 4 days since Kyuhyun went back home. And during that time, Sooyoung’s showing a lot of improvement. She still can’t walk but the doctor said that the wounds already initiated proliferative phase, which means the new tissues on her damaged skin will be formed to replace the injured area. After this phase, the wounds will get into the last phase of the healing process and Sooyoung will no longer need a wheel chair.

In the mean time, Kyuhyun has a lot of thoughts on his mind. His engagement party will be held in two days. It’s just an engagement party, still not a big deal for Kyuhyun. He knows that his father is still buying time because he wants to make sure something about Sooyoung’s family, which Kyuhyun doesn’t know what. But for whatever reason, he is safe for now. The next thing that he should worry about is when Yoona have to find out about his engagement at Sunday through the media. He’s worried with how Yoona will respond to the news. He’s afraid that her trust will start to sink in and give up on him instantly. It’s Yoona. The fragile and not-so-self confident Im Yoona. He knows how her mind works. He have to find out a way to talk to her before the day come.

D-1

“Oh My God, unnie, what happened to you?” Krystal was found Yoona lying on bathroom’s floor. She’s curling up with pain stated on her face.

“I don’t know, Soojung. I got a mild cramps and I don’t feel well.” Yoona stuttered. She’s gritting her teeth, trying to ignoring the pain on her stomach.

Minutes later, the doctor arrives after Krystal called her. “How is she?”

“Well, congratulation for her.. She’s pregnant.”

Krystal gaped, “She what?” he shifted her gaze to Yoona who’s shocking as well.

“It’s been 16 days I guess. You have to be careful, since it’s still the first stage of the fetus, a lot of things could happen whether it’s good or bad. You have to keep yourself healthy and don’t overwork yourself.” The doctor tapped Yoona’s shoulder lightly before she’s heading the way out.

Yoona only nodded. She’s still in shock state. She’s looking at her own belly and starting to caress it carefully. She carries Kyuhyun’s baby. A tear nearly escaped from her eyes, she’s going to be a mother. She doesn’t want to regret what they did that night. They did it once and it’s really beautiful. It happened naturally to the point Kyuhyun and Yoona didn’t think about using or such things.

“Are you going to tell him?” Krystal asked, after she’s back from leading the doctor her way out.

Yoona bit her lips. She’s not sure. She wants to. But how? And how will Kyuhyun’s reaction be? Will it be bad? Will it be good? What if he doesn’t want this kid? A lot of what ifs and scenarios going through her head.

Krystal squeezed Yoona’s hand lightly, “You should, unnie. No matter what, he’s the father of your baby. He has to know.”