Before Storm

Shape of my heart

“Someone’s not coming home for dinner last night.”

Kyuhyun almost jumped out when he finds Sooyoung leisurely rests her body on the couch at his room. “Jesus Sooyoung! Stop being creepy like that! Can’t you act like a normal person?!”

Sooyoung scoffs, “What? I’m just stating a fact. You’re the one who overreacted in here. Now let me ask you a question, where the hell you’ve been last night?”

Kyuhyun darts a gaze on her, trying to look calm and nonchalant, reminding himself that it all will be over soon, “I was having a meeting with my client last night and then trying to catch up with the deadline that due at 6 in the morning so I have to spend the night at the office. Happy?”

Sooyoung laughs sarcastically, slowly getting up on her seat and walking towards Kyu, “Do you think I will believe that?”

Kyuhyun tilts his head and squints his eye s furiously, “I don’t care about what you think. Either you want to believe it or not, it’s up to you. I don’t have time for this bull. Now excuse me, I want to clean myself up.”

Once again, Sooyoung holds Kyuhyun’s step by grabbing his arm, “You want to play this game? Fine. We play this game. But let me tell you one thing… Once your father returns to Seoul, it will be a game over for you.”

The corner of kyuhyun’s lips grews wider. He’s smirking cockily, “Is that a threat? If it is, I suggest you to prepare for some plot twist. Alright? Now let go!” Kyuhyun roughly shoves Sooyoung’s hand away.

Kyuhyun and Ahra already have it all. They have a pack of full house on their hands. They’re not gambling anymore, their father already raising his bet, all they have to do right now is an all in. Whatever it is, they won’t fold away their cards. Because they will definitely win this game.

 

 

Yoona loves food. She will just eat anything without even have to complaint whether the food is delicious or not. Usually in the morning, she will have a decent breakfast with a stack of pancakes with maple syrup and blueberries.  Not to mention a delicious cup of tea.

However this time, it’s a little bit different. Well, she’s not complaining for having a luxury breakfast at a fine dining restaurant. The only problem that makes her feel uncomfortable is the fact that the one who invites her over is the woman who gave her a hateful and dislike look to her for about 13 years ago.

“Are you feeling uncomfortable around me?” The elder woman asked carefully, she already heard all the stories from Kyuhyun about what happened to young Yoona.

Yoona looks a little bit startled. She can almost see guilty on her expression and she can almost tell that the woman in front of her has changed a lot. She’s not the powerful woman that she used to be. She can tell from the softer look on her eyes. It used to be confident and strong.

“I’m sorry. For everything. On behalf of me, on behalf of my husband, that you have to live a hard life like this.” she starts to sobbing silently.

Yoona doesn’t have a heart to see her like that, so she carefully grabs her hands and squeeze it softly, trying to assure that she’s alright, “Don’t be like this. I’m alright. It was hard but I already accepted it. Don’t blame yourself. I admit that used to blame you for what happened. But it won’t change anything. Besides, it wasn’t anyone’s fault. So please don’t put it that way.”

The older woman stares Yoona in the eyes and nodded softly, “You have a good heart. You’re a nice kid. Thank you, my dear. I’m sure Kyuhyun is lucky for having someone like you.”

Yoona smiles faintly, “No ma’am. I’m the one who’s lucky for having him.”

 

 

There’s always a calm before the storm.

It was quiet, it was peaceful. Nothing appeared to be a threat until the time has finally come.

“What is this??!!”

Ryeowook, the company’s financial manager, startled and almost fell off from his chair once the board director barged into his office and slammed something onto his desk.

Ryeowook hurriedly took the papers that lying on his desk and carefully read it.

“How could such things happened? Since when are we having a plant expansion and invested to it? 7,5%? Are you kidding me??!!!”

“Sir calm down. I will try to—“

“Try? Try to what? You listen to me… I will audit all your department and see how the authorization goes. This is unacceptable!! We’re investing for nothing!! You better be praying from right now, because after this… you will actually living in the f---- sewer. You hear me?!”

 

Holy crap! I’m doomed! Ryeowook slowly having a mental breakdown to the realization.

 

---

 

“What? You’re seeing her? Why not telling me first?” Kyuhyun whines to his mother who apparently just got home after having a breakfast with Yoona.

“I just want to settle things and.. you know… socialize with her, having a heart to heart talk.” Jihyo calmly explains.

Kyuhyun narrows his eyes, giving her an accusation look, “Really?

Jihyo chuckles, “Really. Don’t be too tense. She’s a pretty nice girl.”

Kyuhyun almost holding his own breath, “..and?”

“And…?” Jihyo playfully teasing him.

“Oh come on… mom!!”

Jihyo laughs, “Alright… alright… she’s having my permission to become your wife.”

Kyuhyun smirks to his mother’s witty remark.

“Now it’s you guys’ turn to confront your own father. Seems like he’ll be reaching seoul anytime soon. Be ready.” Jihyo gives his son a light pats on his shoulder, as if giving him more strength to stand up against his own father.

This has never been something that she wanted. Watching her own family confronts each other. If you ask, who will be hurted the most… it is her, because like it or not, she should’ve stand up for her own kids since long ago. If only she put more interest to her own family rather than others, these such things wouldn’t happen. Or at least that’s what she thought.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: couldn't thank you enough to the people that keep reading and supporting this story.. as you can see... it's almost reaching its end. there will be 2 or 3 chapters more. thank you for sticking around and patiently wait for the updates ^^