Study of memories

Shape of my heart

"Wow, good morning sunshine. You look so happy today, dad. Something good happened?"

"Remember the abandoned hotel that we build 2 years ago?"

"I guess... Why?"

"There's a company that finally want to buy it."

"Really? What company?"

"Park Heritage Limited company."

 

 

....

A man was waiting on a cafe. A mixed of emotions stirred up his heart. He's about to meet someone. Someone that used to give a meaning to his life. It's been what? 6 years? He already lost count. Because the last goodbye left a huge scar on his mind and heart. And as people say... The first cut is always the deepest.

He stares at his watch. It's 15 minutes more. 15 minutes more until he can see her face again. It's not like he already forget how her face was. In fact, he secretly still monitoring her activities from newspaper. Well no, she's not a celebrity or something. But some certain news or portal site every once in awhile will put her face in their headlines as one of the most powerful woman in Seoul. He feels proud and happy about it. But somehow there's this stings in his heart, knowing that this is the place where she should be. In the center of spotlight. Imagine if at that time they were getting married, no one will acknowledge her like this.

"Always come earlier than our appointment. You haven't changed a bit. Huh?" a familiar voice tearing up his mind. He lifted his head and was welcomed by an overwhelmed beauty in front of him which make him stunned for awhile, "Old habit die hard i guess.." he finally managed to let out a rather hoarse voice.

He was observing her carefully, trying to find any changes in her other than her goddess like appeareance. Even until now, he still find her amusing. Seems like he was forced to do a time travel to the past just by seeing her like this.

"Already ordered something?" once again her voice was intruding his mind.

He was left dumbfounded, "What? Ah no. I haven't ordered anything yet." he mentally slapped himself for being stuttered like 16 years old boy in front of his crush. He shook his head. It's already in the past. Just focus on the matters right now.

"No i haven't." he finally replied to her question.

"Okay. Should we order the usual menu?" then she realized, she was asking the wrong question because the sudden change of expression from the man in front of her, "..or maybe you can order something else." she uttered.

He let out a bewildered laugh, "No. It's okay. The usual menu is fine."

 

......

20 minutes already passed since their food was being served to their table. But they both were still in silence, at least verbally. Meanwhile mentally there's a chaos on their silent mind.

"You said there's something that you want to talk about." she started a conversation.

He breathed deeply, not sure where to start but, "I heard from my dad, your company just bought one of our product."

He observed her expression and it seems like she doesn't surprise at all by this question.

"Yes. I just bought it a day ago." she answered casually, "so you were asking me out just because of that? Well, it's not like i'm not expecting it. It's just..."

"You are married, Ahra. Don't expect something more from me." yesung quickly remarks, as if he knows what's on her mind, as if he's not expecting the same thing like her.

Ahra's eyes flashing a hurt expression but she managed to cover it fast. She was not blaming Yesung for that. She understand how much pain that the man has gone through ever since. At least that's what she felt the moment they were apart. A part of her heart was taken by Yesung ever since to the point she couldn't feel anything anymore. She was numb.

"I'm sorry." Yesung murmured, "I shouldn't say that to you. I'm sorry."

Ahra shook her head, "It's okay. I understand."

 

 

....

Yesung can't remember what pulls the trigger, is it because of the slight touch when they accidentally brushed their fingers that electrified a fire inside them or because he wasn't at his right mind earlier. For all he knows, they are ended up on a bed in a hotel room, , body entangled.

Ahra rest her head on Yesung's broad chest while drawing a circle on his abs.

"Jesus, Ahra... Stop doing that." yesung groaned trying to distract his mind with other thing, because a simple touch from ahra is enough to make him go crazy.

Ahra lifted her body and hovering on Yesung's top, "You don't like it?"

Yesung cackled when seeing her pouts, "Don't 'you don't like it?' me like that. You know that is one of my weakness." he pinched her cheeks.

Ahra grinned. She was glad that Yesung is not as tensed as he was earlier and the fact that he still loves her, makes her feel relieved. Though he isn't saying it verbally, but ahra is pretty sure that he still loves her. So maybe this is the right time to tell him everything.

"Earlier you were asking why i bought the hotel from your company. Right?"

Yesung just humming as a response.

There's a brief of silent before ahra finally continue, "I did that because i want to get my life back. My old life back." ahra emphasized to the last sentence.

Yesung lifted Ahra's head so that he can see her face, "What do you mean? What are you planning?"

 

 

....

After revealing her plan, Yesung is kind of worried. Because whether it success or not, he's just afraid that she'll end up getting hurt. He knows that Ahra can be very bold sometimes. Maybe it is running in Cho's blood. But this is really crazy. She's putting her life on a bet. He can only pray that everything will be alright. That she.. will be alright.

 

....

"Where should we go now, Mrs. Park?"

"Stop calling me that, Sungmin. You know that i don't really like that name."

"I'm sorry. Mrs. Ahra. So where do we go now?"

Ahra reads the time, "Let's pick up Dayoung first. Her school time will be ended in half an hour anyway."

"Alright Ma'am." Sungmin then slowly release the gas pedal on his foot, turns around the wheels and take the route to Dayoung's school.