Stigmatized

Shape of my heart

 “So you just ran away like that? I mean, what if your fiance is actually a pretty girl? That would be a waste, isn’t it?”
Kyuhyun shrugs, “ Maybe. But if i wanted pretty girls... it’s not a hard thing to do. I mean, i can get a thousand pretty girls waiting in the line for me.”
Yoona rolls her eyes. “Yeah right.”
Kyuhyun chuckles. “Well, but there’s something more than meets the eyes. Right? What’s the point of getting engage with beautiful girls if you don’t love her? Besides.. pretty is just a matter of perspective. Right?”

Yoona stunned with Kyuhyun’s words, “Wow. You’re deep.”
“Damn right, i am.” Kyuhyun nods agreely.

“But... what is the connection between the phone call and your runaway?”
“Well, yesterday one of my loyal guard called me. He gave me a notice. If i don’t return immediately, they’ll freeze my access.”
“Your access?”
“Credit card and phone access.” Kyuhyun sigh. “Lucky things they didn’t freeze it when i came here. Otherwise, i’ll end up sleeping at street right now.”
Yoona stared disbelief at Kyuhyun, “So you basically broke?”
Kyuhyun nods. “Well, i ran away before. But i always return to home. Forcedly. But this time... i don’t know. I don’t feel like it. If they want to freeze my account, then go ahead. I’ll find another way to live.” Kyuhyun brushed his arms as he felt the cold that sneaking through his bones.
And yoona noticed that. “Maybe you should go back. You are shivering.”
Yoona wants to take off Kyu’s jacket but Kyuhyun stop her, “It’s okay. You can return it tomorrow.”
“Okay. Well. Good night then.”
Kyuhyun seems reluctant to leave. But he has to. “Okay. Good night. See you tomorrow.”

...

After going back to his room last night, Kyuhyun couldn’t remember anything. The next thing he knows, he’s awake in not so good condition. He can feel that his body is heating up. Seems like he is sick. He groans. He hates being sick. It’ll take awhile to recover because he doesn’t like medicine.
Kyuhyun gets up from his bed. He’s trying to get his flip-flop under his bed when all of a sudden he’s  sneezing loudly because of some particles coming through his nose.
He groans. He hates sneezing. Because it means in a matter of second he’ll get cold. Well, considering the cold weather.

And yes. He’s right. He catch a cold.

...
“Hey... can i come in?” ask Yoona after knocking on Kyu’s door. She’s holding the urge to barge into Kyu’s room.
No answer. Yoona knocks the door again.
Then she heard a sound of the door’s being unlatched.
“Oh my God, are you alright?” ask Yoona when she saw Kyuhyun’s red nose, messed hair, and half closed eyes.
Kyuhyun sneezes, “I’m...”  He’s sneezing again.
Yoona checks Kyu’s body temperature using her hand. “You’re burning.” She then help Kyuhyun to go back to his bed. “It must be because of last night.” she said while covering Kyuhyun with blanket.
“I’m okay, Yoong. I just...”
“You got flu, mister. You’re definitely not okay.” Yoona looks really worried. She then going to the bathroom to take some medicine. Then take a glass of water from small dispenser beside the bed.
“Drink this.” Yoona gave 3 different medicines to Kyuhyun but he refuse it.
“You have to drink this. So you can heal faster.” Yoona insist.
“No, it’s only gonna make my body weaker.”
Yoona groaned, “Listen, this is not a time for arguing or making any bargain. You should drink this and that’s that. I promise you, it’ll heal you faster.”
Kyuhyun frowns. He’s staring at the medicines in Yoona’s palm. “I hate medicines.” Kyuhyun said. But then he takes the medicines from Yoona’s hand and drink it in a shot.
“Good. Now rest. You’ll be better when you wake up.” Yoona fixing Kyuhyun’s blanket and pulls it into Kyuhyun’s neck.
When Yoona is about to leave, Kyuhyun grabs her hand. “Can you please accompany me? I don’t want being alone when i’m sick.”
Yoona bit her lips. She looks a little bit hesitate. Whether should stay or just leave.
“Please..”

...

Kyuhyun has awake from his long nap. He never feel this better.

“Ah, you already up.” Yoona shows up with a tray of food on her hands.
Kyuhyun reads the time.
17.30
“Wow, i sleep for about 8 hours.” He sounds impressed with his own record.
Yoona put the tray on the table beside the bed, “Yeah, i thought you’re dead or something.” After she put the tray down, she checks on Kyuhyun’s temperature. “It’s cooling down already.”
Kyuhyun checks his own temperature. “Apparently it is. And i’m not sneezing again. Though i still got a runny nose.”
Yoona smiling, “Now, you have to eat. I bet you haven’t eat since this morning. Yes?”
Kyuhyun stuns for awhile then he chuckles.
Yoona’s brows furrowed, “Is there anything funny?”
Kyuhyun grins, “Naahh.. it’s just, the way you behave... it’s just like my noona.”
Yoona rolls her eyes, “Ahra unnie? Wae?”
Kyuhyun shrugs, “When i’m sick, she’ll be the one who’s taking care of me. As if like she’s my own mother.. and... i guess you resembles her a bit.”
Yoona raised her eyebrows, she looks at Kyuhyun with suspicion look, “Was that a compliment?”
Kyuhyun laughs, “It is...”

...

“Uncle... you haven’t found him yet?”
“Ah, Sooyoung... You’re here...”
“You should have told him that it’s me, uncle. Maybe he won’t be running away like this.”
“Really? May i know the reason why?”

“Because i was dating him, once.”

...
“By the way... where do you live?” ask Kyuhyun while enjoying his food.
Yoona that has been observing Kyuhyun, startled,”Huh? Live? Oh... i live down the hill. But sometimes i stay over night at the cottage. It depends.”
“Dehhpends hon hwaat?” ask Kyuhyun with mouth full of food.
“Depends on whether i want to go home or not.”

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows, “Why you wouldn’t go home? Your parents.. wouldn’t they be worried about you?”
Kyuhyun’s question makes Yoona lost in silence. She’s cursing herself. Makes the other boys feel curious about it. He knows that Yoona’s hiding something from him. But what?

Yoona looks away. She gets up from her chair, “Just finish your food. I have to go help Krystal and wash the dishes. I’ll take the tray again later.”
Kyuhyun grabs Yoona’s hand want she wants to leave, “You’re going to tell me, everything. Sooner or later. No matter how, i’ll make sure you tell me your story.”
Yoona snorts, “Don’t be so sure. There’s things that better left unknown.” She brushed Kyuhyun’s hand then leave the room.

...

“Here you go sir. This is the print out of Young master’s credit card for the last 2 weeks. The last usage is May 20th. The exact date when he....”
“...ran away. Great. Now check where is the last time he used it.”

...

Yoona couldn’t sleep. Something’s bothering her mind. Ever since that guy showed up, she feels uneasy. The memories that she doesn’t want to recall, just surfacing by itself when he came.
She was fine. She was happy. She almost forget everything. Her pain. Her feelings.
Knowing she can’t have him, because he’s out of reach, because he might doesn’t feel anything of her... she can handle those.
But... he’s here.
And she can’t avoid him nor her feelings for him. It would’ve been easier if he doesn’t reconigze her. But he does. And all his attitude towards her... She’s afraid that she might be delusioning.
She was broken once and she’s living through it and she managed to survive. But this time... she doesn’t know if she can handle it. If she can make it.
They want to marry me with someone that i don’t know. And i don’t feel like it
And it’s getting complicated. Because he has a fiance. He’ll get married. Like it or not. Yoona has been a witness about how far Kyuhyun’s father willing to go.
Yoona’s taken aback. She laughs bitterly, what the hell are you thinking, Im Yoona? Do you think that guy likes you? He might just feeling guilty for what he’s done to you. That’s why he’s being nice to you.
Yoona bit her lower lips. Her mind and her heart are conflicting.
Don’t be stupid Yoong. You’re just hurting yourself. You should get over it, Yoong. What you feel right now, is just a reflection of your past. Her conscious trying to warn her.
But her heart says, Is it true? It’s just a reflection of your past? If it is... then why does it feels so real? You still love him Yoong. No matter how hard to avoid it... no matter how hard you try to deny it... That feeling is still there. That’s why you forgive him. That’s why you don’t blame him for what he did to you.

...

“Sir... we already found his location. Should we him back here. Or you might have another plan?”
“In a motel. Near nggoyang district.”
“A motel?? Tsk! Bring him back immediately!”

“No uncle. Let him stay there.”
“What? Why?”
“I have a plan. Just... trust me on this uncle.”
“.... okay. If you say so.”

...
Yoona said that Kyuhyun needs a job and that Krystal might could help him. So that morning, Krystal is interviewing Kyuhyun.
“What you can do? if you want to get a job, you should at least have some sort of skill.”
Kyuhyun thinks for awhile, “Well, i can repair a computer, you know, if your computer got virus, i can make the virus go away and...”
Krystal shakes her head, “I’m running a business motel. Not an internet cafe or anything related to computer.”
Kyuhyun looks dombfounded. He never did an interview. So he doesn’t know how it works. The job that he had, didn’t go into this kinda thing. Since he worked at his father company. So they just accepted him like that. He’s trying to think about his other skill. “How about cooking?” Kyuhyun tilts his head to the left side.
“You can cook?” ask Krystal with a surprise tone.
“A bit. You know, cooking ramen, fried rice, bibimbap...”
Krystal blinks. She was asking something more than ramen and bibimbap. And seems like Kyuhyun doesn’t fit the chef image at all. “Err... Maybe we don’t need your soft skill right now. Um, you’re in to college, right? What’s your deal?”
Kyuhyun shrugs, “I’m dealing with numbers and journals. I’m an accountant.”
“Really? What a coincidence!! I’m having a trouble with the financial stuff. You know, income – outcome. It’s never balance. I’m a disaster when it comes to financial issues.”
Kyuhyun smiles widely, “Then you should hire me. I’ve been dealing with numbers for my whole life. You can trust me with it.”
Krystal looks satisfied, “Great. Let’s start with $15 per day. How?”
It might be a small numbers for him and his pay grade before was way much more better than that. But, at least he earns something for living. “Well, you just hired yourself a new accountant.”
“Okay, you’ll work start from tomorrow.” Krystal shaking hands with Kyuhyun as a deal.

“Umh, by the way...” Kyuhyun looks around, “Where’s everybody? Why it looks so quiet?”
Krystal furrowed her eyebrows. But then she grins when realize what the older guy means, “Are you asking about Yoona unnie?”
Kyuhyun clears his throat, “Um... no, i was just...”
“She’s visiting her parents.” Krystal cuts off his words, “She probably will go back late at night. Since the cemetery is kind of out of this district.”
Kyuhyun raise his eyebrows, “Wait, did you said? Cemetery?”
Krystal cover when she realized what she just said and scolding herself. Yoona might probably kill her for being such a big mouth. Geez!


...
*sorry and thank you for waiting patiently. I kind of have a writer block. I hope you enjoy the story ^^ comments are appreciated~~