A truce

Shape of my heart

I brushed off the sands that sticks on my pants.
Beach is the only place that can makes me calm when i’m sad or angry. I can feel peace in here. Literally. Since only a few people that visit this beach.


“Why you never tell me in the first place?”
I turned my body and... there he is... why he always appears like... everywhere.
“What are you doing here?” i ask him coldly.
He shrugged and slowly come to approach me, “I never knew that you would grew into such a beautiful creature.”
I turned my gaze, tried to act ignorant, “What do you mean?”
He sighed, “I’m sorry Yoona.”
I felt uneasy with his sharp gaze. Please stop looking at me like that, i pleaded. In my heart, of course,  “For what?”
“For being jerk.” He stood about 10 feet away from me, “I was a kid, Yoona. Well, it doesn’t mean i’m justifying myself. But, when i heard you  left the town because of that incident... i feel bad.”
I looked away. Finally i can averted my gaze from that pair of eyes, “Well, it doesn’t matter. What’s done is done...”
“But Yoong...”
“Enough Mr. Cho Kyuhyun!” i point my finger on him, “Sometimes enough is enough! I don’t need you to apologize or anything. And i don’t want you to bring any of this issue again. Your presence here is already become a reminder of...” i trailed off my words.
“Of what?” he asked.
I shook my hand dismissively. I can’t control myself. I almost blurted out everything. He doesn’t need to know. I don’t want him to feel anymore guilty than this. Just let me take all this pain alone. Without trying to put the blame on others.
Kyuhyun tapped my shoulder, “What’s wrong?” he asked worriedly.
“Nothing.” I said coldly, “Let’s go back to the motel. I should help Krystal to prepare the dinner.”
...

I my phone.
And i got like 15 mailboxes.
I pressed the number 1 button to hear the mailboxes.
“Well, good move, you turned off your phone. Damn you Cho Kyuhyun! Let’s settle this like a real man! Not like a coward!” – kangin.
I almost want to throw my phone when he mentioned the words ‘man’ and ‘coward’. Next time i met him, i’ll broke his nose for calling me a coward. And why is he meddling into my problem anyway?
“Do you think this is a good decision? You being ran off like this, it won’t solve any problems, Kyuhyun. Just go back already!” – Kangin
“Ya...! I promise i won’t turned you to your father this time! Seriously Kyu. Stop being like this!” – kangin
Yeah right, I murmured. Kangin hyung is actually a good friend. He’s always protecting you and will be there when you needed him. I used to trust him. But not anymore. Ever since i found out that he’s a double agent. I mean, everytime i ran off, i will get caught in the next couple days. And the only person that knows where i was hiding is only Kangin hyung. So it led me to suspicion onto him. And.. eventually he admit it himself. So... i never put much trust on him. Mostly when i heard he turned me in because my father give him loads of money.
14 out of 15 mailboxes i got, all of them is from kangin hyung, so i just skip them all. Since i know he would only talking about crap.
So I jumped to the last message.
“Young master... It’s me. You should return to home soon. Otherwise, your father will blocked all your access to credit card and other services. Or even worse... they’ll put you off from the legacy list. So... call me, master... Mr. Sung Si Kyung asked sungmin to drink wine with him.”
I stared blankly at the floor. That was from Sungmin. One of my loyal guard and also my best friend. But since i don’t want him to get into trouble... I never involved him everytime i was hiding or get into trouble. Well, he’s the only person that i can put my trust on. I don’t want him to get into trouble and then left me. So...
“Yes?” i walked to the door when i heard someone’s knocking on my door. I opened the door. And as expected... it’s her. The doe eyed girl. Pouting at me.
“You missed your dinner... again.” Yoona gave me a tray of food.
I took the tray from her, “Oh, thanks. I’m sorry. I was....”
“How come you always missed your eating time?”
I blinked my eyes. Did i hear it wrong? I mean, she sounded a little bit worried about me.

“Well, If you have done. Just put the tray outside. I’ll take that later.” She said without even looking at me.. then she turned her body and walked to the door.
“Hey... mind to give me some company?” i asked her hesitantly.
She tilted her head, looks like she’s considering my offered.
“Okay.” She answered shortly
I grinned.

...
 

 

“Eat slowly.” She reminded me.
I looked at her that has been looking at me too, “Ahm... sowwwyy... bffutt ah havpnt heeet somehiing dehliziuuss laik dis.”
Forget about the manner. I mean, i only eat a bread with egg and bacon today. I even skipped the lunch. I am starving to death. And this food is awesome. I didn’t know that food was included in the motel fee. I mean, $30 per day and you got free breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That was too much to ask.
“What?” i asked her when i heard her laughed.
She hold her laugh, “Nothing. I mean, if i hadn’t know you better. I would think that you’re coming from not-so-rich family. And you’re kinda cute when you eat like that.”
I almost choked my food when she said ‘cute’.
“Ya! Haven’t i told you to east slowly?” she gave me a water.
I take that and finished it in one shot.
“Ya..! Why did you call me cute?” i protested. I don’t like it when somebody call me cute.
“Because you’re cute...” she teased me again.
I frowned, “I’m not cute. I’m either handsome or cool. Cute doesn’t fit me at all. It doesn’t exist in my dictionary.”
She grinned, “Well, but there’s cute in my dictionary. And actually it’s a compliment. Why don’t you just take it? I mean.. you’re being cute..” she winked.
I blinked. Did she just winking at me? I mean, less than 24 hours ago, she’s just being sarcastic to me. And now she teased me and winked at me?
She then averted her gaze. I can feel she's blushing under my gaze. And for some unexplainable reason, i’m happy about it.
She clears , “Are you done? I’m going to take that to downstairs.” She pointed at the food tray.
I nodded, “Thank you.”
“Um, do you need anything else?” she asked before leave.
I almost say no, but then i realized i haven’t call Sungmin hyung yet. He must be waiting for my call, “Umh, can i get use a phone call? If it’s possible, the untraceable one.”
She furrowed her eyebrows when heard that request, “Untraceable phone call?”
“Uhhh.. yes. Is there any? I mean, something like phone box call?”
Yoona looks confused, “Um... there’s one, like, 5mins from here. You want me to bring you there or you want to go alone?”
I think for awhile. “Well, if you don’t mind. I’d like some company.”
She nodded, “Meet me at front lobby in 15 mins. I have to do some chores first.” And she leave without waiting for my answer.

...
 

 

I keep staring at the phone. I've been trying to memorize Sungmin hyung’s personal number. It’s different one with the one that my father gave him. Because every cellphone that my father gave to his employers is already got tempered with.
“What’s wrong? Why you keep staring at it?”
I scratch my left cheek, “Uhh... i forgot the numbers.”
Yoona frowned, “You forgot the numbers? You didn’t bring your phone or any reminder?”
I shook my head, “The numbers can’t be saved. We have to memorize it. There’s some kind of sequence to memorize it but i kinda forgot.”
She crossed her hands, “Well, try to remember the sequence then.”
I rolled my eyes. He never use birth date. It’s too predictable. Emh, i guess it has something to do with Japan or Wine or... ah! I remember! Plum sake! But i have to reverse it. So... 032-(ekas)3527-6857(mulp)
I dialed the number.
In a second, i can hear a connected line sound, and there’s a voice machine that answered me, “This is Vodka. Please say the password.”
Password? Ugh! Why do i have a short term memory loss? If i’m not mistaken, something involved drink....
“15 seconds left” said the voice machine.
“Mr Sung Si Kyung ... asked Sungmin ... to drink ... with him!!”  i said immediately when i remember the password.
“Password accepted. Please wait for awhile. Your call will be....”
“Yes Mr. Sung Si Kyung?” another voice take over the call.
“Hyung! This is me!”
“Of course, i know this is you, Mr. Sung Si Kyung. I recognized your voice.”
From his voice, i know that he’s with another guardians. And they could overheard him. So he have to act in front of them.
“Is that true, hyung? They will cut me off if i didn’t come back?”
There’s a short pause before he finally answer it. “Yes, that’s true. I just knew it last night. Are you okay, Sir?”
“Yes, i’m okay. Don’t worry about me.” i sighed, “I don’t care if they want to cut me off. I'm sure i’ll survive in here. Well, at least for the next 13 days. I could find a job for me to live. So, don’t worry hyung.”
“Great then. Where can we talk again Sir? I’m looking forward to it.”
It’s a code. Something like, what is your phone number? So I can call you later. I put the speaker on my chest.
“Psst! Psst!” I tried to call Yoona who’s been busy with her snickers. Seems like she stepped on something.
“PSST!!”
Yoona turned her gaze on me with ‘What?’ look.
I gave her a sign to come close to me.
She pouted but complied. “What?” she barked.
“Your number!”
Yoona looked confused. She gave me ‘what are you talking about’ look.
“Your phone number!” i explained to her.
“What for?”
“Wait, hyung...” i said to Sungmin. In case he thought that the connection is already ended.
“I need it. It’s urgent!”
She gave me a disagree look, “0-3-0-5-9-0-4-6-9-6-6-1”
I repeated the numbers to Sungmin hyung. He repeated it once again but in a currency format. 30.590.469.661.
I confirmed it to Yoona. She nodded.
“Yes hyung. That’s right. But that’s not mine. It belongs to my friend..... Yes. ... thank you hyung. see you later.”
 

 

“What?” i asked Yoona when she stared at me with investigation look.
“Well.. You just give my number to an unidentified person. You owe me an explanation.” She said. With demanded tone.
“No i’m not. I won’t give you any explanation."
She shrugged, “Well then, next time somebody call me and ask for Cho Kyuhyun. I’ll just say to him that he got the wrong number.”
I sighed defeated, “Fine, alright, i’ll tell you. But not now. Okay?”
She snorted, “Touche.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


** thank you for the subscribers. I’m sorry if the plot is too fast or anything.
And i’m sorry if you confused with the POV, since i didn’t give you any notice in the beginning. But.. you’ll know ;)
And, Yoona’s number. Can you dechiper the meaning behind those numbers 8)? I’ll tell you in the next chapt. Meanwhile... i’ll leave you guessing~~
Comments are loved <3