Hidden card

Shape of my heart

Butterfly Motel

 

"How are you? Having a morning sickness already"

Yoona shook his head, "I feel better today. It feels like someone injects me with a new spirit and life."

Soojung deadpanned for awhile, "Yeah i can see that and it scares me now."

Yoona laughed, "Why? Isn't it a good thing to feel like a brand new soul?"

Soojung rolled her eyes and chose not to answer the question, "By the way, I'm having a meeting today. Can you please come and accompany me?"

Yoona put the last plate on the buffet and then brushed her hands to her apron, "What meeting? And why me?"

"Well, remember when i told you about expanding the business? Well, this morning i got a phone call from.. Well you can say from an investor."

"An investor? Wow that's great!! When will she come?"

Soojung stares at her watch, "I guess she will come at 2. I'm pretty nervous, unnie. It's still a negotiation, not a final decision. What if she changes her mind? But i really hope she won't. Because i really need it."

Yoona put her hand on Soojung's shoulder. She squeezed it lightly, "I'm sure she will. You're pretty good at persuading people."

Soojung squint her eyes, looking at Yoona in suspicion, "Was that a compliment?"

Yoona grins, a sparkle in her eyes, "Anything that pleases you."

 

 

4 hours later, the investor that they've been waiting for has finally arrived.

A young lady around her 30s, accompanied by a guy, possibly her assistant. She's dressing rather simple with light brown dress, hair is waving elegantly.

"Hello Mrs. Park. Thank you for coming." Soojung offered her hand and the lady shook it firmly while smiling.

"Glad that i can come in a very short notice, because i don't like wasting time." The lady named Mrs. Park said. She was really friendly but also have an arrogancy at the same time, "Let's just get into the business shall we?"

"Y..yes." Soojung was a little bit shaky when she answered to that straight question but she managed to pull herself through.

Meanwhile Soojung and The lady were talking about the proposal and agreement, Yoona just sit there and watch. She will only speak when Soojung asked her about some stuff regarding about the operational matters in their motel. Other than that she'd just listened to them although she didn't really understand completely. In fact, Yoona's mind was somehow wandering around, trying to recall her memory because she was pretty sure she ever saw this woman before. But where?

"...So I'm suggesting you to handle the operational activities at the first year of our new hotel then you can start the installment payback for me. Don't worry about this place, we can find someone to run this place while you're doing your business in seoul. How's that sound?" it sounds more like an order than a question. Mrs. Park surely knows how to do a business. Her suggestion for the expansion business is very interesting, executable, future minded, and also brilliant. She offers Soojung to open a hotspring place plus sauna treatment and swimming pool for summer because Mrs. Park wants to attract more people not only in winter season but also any other seasons which means the motel will keep being occupied in every single days of the year. She also suggested to open new branch at Seoul with more larger scale. It's not an easy things to do but this is such a huge opportunity that she can't just throw it away. And Mrs. Park's offers is way more generous than what she was expected.

Soojung averts her gaze to Yoona, asking for approval. Yoona can only nodded in agreement. After all that's all that she can do right now, give soojung an encouragement, "It's okay. You go, i'll stay and take care of this place." yoona assured soojung.

"I guess it's better for you to come. Working in a new evironment might be a little uncomfortable for Ms. Jung. She might be needing someone that she's familiar with to cope with it. " Mrs. Park suggested, eyes darted on Yoona.

"Well.. If Soojung doesn't mind.."

Soojung laughs, "Of course i'm not!! You will be a great help for me."

"Well, seeing that both of you are agree. I already prepared the contract beforehand, since i'm having a lot of confidence that you'll accept this project. We just need to sign it and we can start to work tomorrow."

Soojung widened her eyes, "Tomorrow? That fast?"

"Why? You need some time before? You know, when you're dealing with business, time is everything. You have to take every second that counts." Mrs. Park paused for awhile, she's observing Soojung's expression for awhile, "But if you need time. I can give you a day to prepare everything."

Soojung bit her lips, trying to comprehend everything that seems too good to be true and happened really fast. Will it be a good decision after all? What if it doesn't? There's a lot of what if standing on the line.

 

Soojung inhaled deeply, trying to convince herself, "Alright. Let's sign it." Soojung finally decided. Gain or loss is a 50:50 chance. She already come this far and there might be no such thing as second chance.

"Good choice, Ms. Jung. You won't regret it." Mrs. Park said after signed the contracts. She reached out her hand for handshake when all of a sudden Yoona covers and let out a gagging sound.

"You're not feeling well?" Mrs. Park asked, worried was stated in her voice.

"I'm sorry. It's her 3rd week of pregnancy so she's a little bit... I'm sorry. Excuse us for awhile." Soojung immediately helped Yoona stand up and take her to her room.

 

"She is pregnant?" the lady asked in disbelief, "did they....?"

Her assistant raised his eyebrows, "Well that changes everything. That could be our hidden card."

"Should we tell him?"

"No. Not now. It'll ruin everything. Let's keep it to ourselves until everything's settled."