What if...

Shape of my heart

"How is she?" Yoona asked after seeing Kyuhyun's done talking with the doctor.

Kyuhyun ruffled his hair, "Well, the doctor said, her overall condition is alright. But her feet is full with blisters. I'm afraid she can't walk for days."

Yoona gasped, "Really? It must be very painful!"

Kyuhyun exhaled, "I know. She should've never been here. None of this would ever happened to her."

 

Yoona caressed Kyuhyun's face, "Hey, this is not your fault."

Kyuhyun took her hand and gave a kiss on it, "But she's here because of me. I am responsibles for this." Kyuhyun put her head on Yoona's shoulder. He's emotionally exhausted. His life for the past 5 weeks is really like a dream. Like a movie. His life has turned upside down. Everything's happened so fast to the point he doesn't have time to think. Whether it's all real or just a dream.


"Oppa..." Sooyoung's calling out for Kyuhyun. Her voice sounds really weak.

"Yeah?" Kyuhyun answered reluctantly.

 

But there's no answer from Sooyoung.

 

"Maybe you should go back. She's not in a good condition. She needs you." Yoona encouraged  Kyuhyun to go inside and accompany Sooyoung.

Kyuhyun nodded, "I'll meet you after dinner. Okay?"

"Okay."

 

....

 

Yoona's been zoning out. Though she got a report to do with papers  that piled up on her tables, but her mind couldn't focus.

At some point she's happy and act like he doesn't care with anything else. As long as Kyuhyun's there, nothing else matters. But is this the right thing to do? She's not sure anymore. Seeing Kyuhyun's face earlier, it hurts her. It feels like he's blaming himself. Though it wasn't his fault, but Yoona knew that Kyuhyun would still beat himself up.

Yoona exhaled heavily. Why does everything has to be so complicated?

And Yoona's a bit scared of something.

You know, the sentence that started with 'what if' ...

What if...

 

"Are you alright, unnie?"

Yoona's startled. She immediately grabbed one of the paper , "I'm a little bit busy here." Yoona pretended to write something on it.

Soojung scoffed, "Oh come on unnie! I've known you for 6 years. And you still playing this game with me?"

Yoona put down her pen and lay his back on the chair,  "If you already knew the answer, then why are you asking me, then?"

Soojung didn't response to that questions. Instead, she pulled a chair in front of Yoona and sit on it and started to ask her own question, :"So, how is she? How's her condition?"

Yoona stared at Soojung for awhile before answering, "The doctor said, basically she's fine. But maybe she wouldn't be able to walk for days."

"Omo! That's terrible!" Soojung exclaimed. "Maybe she was running away from the robbers and since the road in here is a little bit wavy and rough and she took off her shoes... It'll be deadly for her feet."

"Yeah i know." Yoona answered blankly.

 

"So what is he going to do, unnie? Kyuhyun oppa?  Will he bring her back to... you know..." Soojung asked carefully.

 

Yoona bit her lips, "I don't know. I don't know, Soojung."

And that... what Yoona's afraid of. What if....

 

...

 

"Good evening, Ms. Choi." Yoona greeted Sooyoung who's already woke up from her rest. Kyuhyun's fell asleep  beside her bed.

Sooyoung smiles weakly.

"How do you feel? I've made you some soup and pastry."

 

"That's a very nice of you. But, thanks, i'm not really that hungry." Sooyoung stares blankly at the dishes that Yoona's brought in, as if the food is the most unappealing things in the world.

 

“But you should eat…”

Both Yoona and Sooyoung are quite surprised, because all of a sudden Kyuhyun’s awake.

“Come here…” Kyuhyun asked Yoona to brought the dishes to him and Yoona complied.

“But oppa…”

“EAT!!” Kyuhyun insisted. His voice is become very low. No smile on his face. Only a deathly glares.

 

Sooyoung couldn't say anything if Kyuhyun's already acted like that. “Fine!” she's defeated.

 

 

Yoona's already fell asleep. She's actually waiting for Kyuhyun while working on some of her paperworks but then she was overslept.

 

Kyuhyun knew he made a promise that he would come to Yoona's room after he's finishing his stuff. But earlier Sooyoung's got a fever. So he had to stay while working on the monthly report  because Krystal need it tomorrow.

 

Kyuhyun stares at his watch. It's 4 am already. He gets up and checks up on Sooyoung. Her fever's down already . He fixed her blanket, pulled it up to her chin, and then left the room.

He's carefully closed the door, not to wake her up. And then goes down to Yoona's room.

 

Yoona's overslept on her work table, with so not comfortable pose. She must be very tired to the point she's not waking up a bit. Kyuhyun's smiling seeing her sleeping figure. She's sleeping like there's no tomorrow. Like a person who doesn't have any problem. Like a peaceful baby. Literally.

 

He's carefully inserting one of his arms to her thighs and then carefully lifting her up and moved her to her bed and then covers her up with the blanket.

Kyuhyun let out a sigh, "Dear lord, honey, though you're very skinny, but your weight is unbelievable." he chuckled by himself. He stares again at the beautiful face in front of him, gives her a soft kiss, and then get back to his report. It has to be finish before 9. Other wise, Krystal is going to kick his sorry to the street.