leave out all the rest

Shape of my heart

Yesung and Dayoung were waiting for their ice cream when all of a sudden they heard a commotion from afar.

At first yesung didn’t pay attention to it, but when he laid his gaze on Ahra’s place, apparently she was surrounded by 5 or 6 people. All of them are male. Judging from their outfit and attitude, seems like they’re bodyguards.

By the time Yesung realized who they were actually, everything’s already too late. They already shoved Ahra to the car and hurriedly left the park.

“Who are they? Why are they taking mommy?” Dayoung tucked in yesung’s shirt.

“Uh… You’re mom… she has something to do. so…” Yesung almost choked between his words.  He recognized some of the men. They’re sent by her father. If her father found her here, then probably he already knew the situation that’s going on, “..so she will go back to the office first. Your mom said, you can stay with me for awhile.”

Luckily, Dayoung believes his words. “Really? I can sleepover at your house?”

Yesung nodded lightly, “Yes. Let’s go.”

 

 “Unnie, are you alright?” Soojung immediately went back home when she got a call from Yoona. There was something happened earlier. Yoona didn’t tell her anything, but she sounded very scared and confused.

Yoona bit her nails nervously, “He has taken kyuhyun.”

“He?” soojung widened her eyes, “you mean his father?”

Yoona nods. “I don’t know what to do, Soojung~ah. I can only pray, whatever plan that they carry, it will work out.”

 

 

It’s been 3 days ever since the Cho siblings went M.I.A. No one knows how their condition is. Their cell phones are inactive.

The Cho resident in the other hand is packed with bodyguard, people can’t go in and out freely.

 

“Honey, you can’t do this to them. They’re your kids. Please don’t be like this.” Jihyo tugs his husband’s hand. Begging, pleading. Anything that she can do to melt down the ice inside her husband’s heart.

Seunghwan stared at Jihyo sternly, “They’re backstabbing me by converting my shares to some crappy  investment. This is not how I raise them!! They need to be taught properly. I am thinking about their futures but they kept talking about some love nonsense.”

Jihyo shook her head lightly, “No, you were wrong. They’re not trying to betray you.. they just want to live their own life with their own will. They just wanted to be free.”

Seunghwan scoffed, “Don’t try to defend them.”

“You don’t understand. In order to live the life that you wanted, they have suffered enough. They hav--“

“Nonsense!! I give them everything. Money, shares in our company. Big houses, cars…”

“Then what about their happiness?! Their wish is simple. They just want to spend their lives with someone that they love. Can’t you understand?”

Seunghwan laughs with no sense of humor, “Even without love, I can survive 28 years of marriage. I’m sure they can handle it too.”

Seunghwan’s waiting for another argument from his wife. But there’s none. He doesn’t know what went wrong until he saw the hurt expression in her eyes.

“I’m sorry about that. “ Jihyo murmurs softly, tears started to form in the corner of her eyes, “but you should know, that in marriage…  it will only work out if both of people love each other. If they don’t…” Jihyo gritted her teeth, trying to swallow the tears that threatened to fall, “.. if they don’t… sooner or later both of them will get hurt.”

Seunghwan’s lost at words. He doesn’t mean it that way. He wants to say that it’s not what he meant. But his tongue’s tied.

“They’re my children too. I won’t let them suffered like me.”

 

 

“Yesung, when will I see mommy? I miss her. I want to go home.” Dayoung frowns. She’s having fever since last night. Yesung’s confused. He doesn’t know how to explain to his daughter that he doesn’t know where Ahra is. He tried to go to the Cho’s residence yesterday but the security didn’t even allow him crossing the front gate. Seems like it was Seunghwan’s order.

“She’s still busy, honey. She will be back as soon as she can. In the meantime, please bear it with me.” He placed a peck on her forehead while swinging their bodies on lazy chair. That’s the only way Dayoung will be able to sleep. In his embrace.

 

 

 

 

It’s been 4 days. 4 days without any news from Kyuhyun. Worried is such an understatement right now. Yoona didn’t know what happened to Kyuhyun after his father ‘forcedly’ drag him out of the restaurant. She never heard anything from him ever since. She couldn’t even contact him.

And now that apparently Ahra’s also went M.I.A like Kyuhyun, seems like the problem is getting more serious than she ever thought.

It’s frustrating to not know anything about the siblings.

If you’re speaking about Cho Senior, then Yoona already knew how things could get worst when something annoyed him, and it is not pretty. She and her family were forcedly move from out of town and her father losing his job in an instance.

But considering  Kyuhyun and Ahra are his own children, probably he won’t do any harm to them. What is the worst thing that a father could do to his own kids?

 

 

“Father, please let us go. Or at least, please let noona go. You know that she has a daughter, right? Dayoung needs her. You can’t put them apart like this.”

Seunghwan refused to see Kyuhyun. He stayed still to his chair, with his back facing Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun on the other hand, trying so hard to swallow all his pride in front of his father. Begging and pleading. To tell you the truth, everything that he and Ahra had planned was pointless. They tried really hard to convert most of the company shares, so their father doesn’t really have much influence in his own company. But of course, it has to be failed. Their father’s insiders are much stronger than he ever thought.

Kyuhyun doesn’t know what to do anymore. He just wanted this thing to end right now. He hoped that his father would understand and for once, listening to his own son.

“Please fix this thing, father. I beg you, before things got much worst.”

 

 

“Is everything alright? You seemed very quiet, mom.” Ahra worriedly ask when her mother was just staring at her own food.

Seunghwan took a glance to his wife who looked a bit uninterested with meals in front of her. She barely even touched it.

Guilt.

That’s what crossing his mind when he saw his wife become lifeless like that. Seunghwan really didn’t mean what he said yesterday. He was just saying it without any meaning. Of course he loves Jihyo. Even though they were married because of their parents’ arrangement, but Seunghwan loves Jihyo. He knows her for all his life. They were best friend before and they’re just taking their relationship to the higher level. Not even once Seunghwan ever regreting their marriage.

“I’m not really that hungry. You guys just continue your dinner.” Jihyo let out a sigh as she stood up from her chair and leave the dining room.

Ahra and Kyuhyun were staring at each other, wondering what’s happening to their mother. But seeing their father stood up and chasing after her, they realized that seemed like they’re having a quarrel.

For their entire life, they rarely saw them having quarrel though. If they fought, their mother usually will be the one who willingly to ceased the fight.

But not this time.

 

 

“Honey, wait. Let’s talk.”

“I’m not interested. I’ve already heard enough.”

“You know I don’t mean it that way, please listen to me. Please?”

Jihyo halted her steps but still, she doesn’t want to turn her back to her husband. “If you want to talk.. let’s talk about this tomorrow, with my lawyer. I’m filing our divorce paper already. I don’t want to be a burden anymore for you.”

Seunghwan could feel his heart’s fell out of its place. It stops beating for awhile. “Wh— what? You don’t mean it, right? How could you do this to me?”

“Goodnight, Seunghwan.” That’s the last words that Jihyo said to him before she disappeared from his sight.

He can’t think. He can’t breathe properly. His heart is aching. No, not only his heart, but also every cells on his body.  If there’s anything… anything that will make Jihyo change her mind, he’ll do it. yes he will. He will fight for her no matter what.

 

 

Epilogue

“Noona, can I stay here?”

“Why? What happened? What did you do this time?”

“Noona… why are you keep accusing me doing the wrong thing? Can’t you just take on my side for once?”

The older girl can’t help but smiling to his remark, “Okay. I’ll take on your side this time. So, what did you do that you make your father angry?”

The younger boy pouted, “You know what it is… you know that we always fight for the same thing.”

The older girl nods, “Then you probably already know too that uncle will be here any minutes soon.” Right after she said her last word, there’s a blare of a horn from the front gate, “see? “

The younger boy throws his body to the bed. “I don’t want to go home!!”

 

 

“Hey noona.. I want to pick up my son.”

“I see.. you guys haven’t shook the deal yet.”

“Something like that..”

“Listen, kyu… I bit back my tongue every time I see you guys argue. But you know best right? Remember our childhood? You must be know how sehun actually felt right?”

Kyuhyun let out a sigh, “Yeah I know. I know that we’re not on the same path. He’s much more talented that I am and pretty much ambitious to his own dream..”

Ahra chuckled, “You’re a good father, I can tell. But you know better. You’re a good man than your father. You know what I mean, right?”

Kyuhyun stares blankly at his sister, “Yes, noona.”

“Good. Now go take your son’s from here. I don’t want my house to become a runaway shelter.”

Kyuhyun laughs, “Alright.”

 

 

“You’re back.” Yoona’s smiling widely when she saw the men of her life appears in front door.

7 years old Sehun immediately run and hug his mom.

“Aigoo this kid. Keep making mommy worry. Please promise me don’t do that ever again.”

Sehun lifted his head and nods apologetically to his mom. “I’m sorry. I love you.”

“I love you too.” Yoona placing a light kiss on top of his head, “Now would you help mommy to cook for our dinner?”

Sehun nods, his face looks a little bit brighter now. At least if his father can’t support him to do what he likes, his mother is rooting for him to do what he likes.

Apparently, little sehun already found his interest at the very young age. He really likes to cook and want to become a great chef. He reads and watches a lot of things related to cooking. He really loves cooking to the point he refused to go to every courses that his father signed for him.

That’s why he and his father quarrel a lot.

Kyuhyun just doesn’t like the idea that his son will be working in the kitchen. He can do better than that. That’s why he threw every courses that he can found for sehun, so his only son can develop his ability since kid. By ability, he means anything but cooking.

It’s not like he’s looking down a kitchen work. But, he knew better that working in a kitchen is not easy. It’s really hard. He knew that.

 

“What’s on your mind?” Yoona’s voice and gentle touch tear up his mind. “Is there something bothering your mind?”

Kyuhyun smiles lightly, “Yeah, a little.”

“Is this about our son?” yoona asks, as she quietly takes an empty space beside Kyuhyun and slips her hand between his.

Kyuhyun breathes out heavily, “did I do it wrongly? Am I the same man as my father was? “

“Well, even if you are, you are his son anyway. So that’s inevitable if you have some trait like him.”

“That’s not what I meant. I mean…”

“I know what you mean but please don’t think it in a bad way. Every father wants the best thing for their kids without even realizing what their kids actually want.”

Kyuhyun scrunches his nose, “is that sarcasm I hear?”

“What? No!” yoona laughs. “I mean it, kyu. Besides, I think your father is a great man. He’s changed for good. Thanks to your mom anyway. It’s kinda romantic don’t you think?”

Kyuhyun chuckles, “Yeah, never thought that a man like him will actually give up everything for his wife.”

Yoona gives a light peck on her husband’s lips, “Will you give up on everything for me too?”

“Did you really have to ask?” Kyuhyun kisses her back, “Of course I would. Cause Everything means nothing, if I ain’t got y—

 

They’re too busy with their own business, without even realizing that sehun is in there.

“Ehem..” Sehun clears his throat, “Err.. I don’t mean to interrupt your lovey dovey time. But… our dinner’s ready.”

Kyuhyun and yoona are staring on each other and they almost burst out laughing. Most likely, laughing at themselves. Seriously, they need a self reminder that they already have a son. It’s not for the first time they’re almost getting caught doing funny business by their son.

 

“Hey son… still mad at me?” Kyuhyun silently peeking through the ajar, checking whether sehun has already slept or not.

“I don’t know.” Sehun answers without even facing his own father.

After getting an answer, Kyuhyun step into sehun’s bedroom and pulls one of the chair, “listen. I’m sorry if you’re having a hard time because of me. But please understand that I only want the best for you.”

Sehun frowns. He loves his dad. Of course he does, his father is someone that he really look up to. Besides having a different opinion about his interest, they’re actually having a very good relationship. Although that, he also wants his father to acknowledge what he actually wants. It’s kinda hurt a little bit when his dad disapproves for something that he actually likes.

“You know, I’ve been doing some thinking. And I think, I will just support you in everything that you do, son.”

Sehun needs time before finally his father’s words sinking into his mind.

“Does that mean, you’re going to let me cook?” sehun almost twisted his back when he all of a sudden get up from the bed and turns his body around,  “You won’t stand in the way? You won’t even get mad if I don’t go to any courses that you signed for me?”

Kyuhyun nods and he’s a little bit surprise when sehun gives him a big hug. “thank you father. Thank you. thank you. I promise, I will do my best and prove it to you that I can be the best.”

“Of course you have to, son.” Kyuhyun hugs him back. He feels a little bit lighter that everything’s settled between him and sehun.

“Now go back to sleep. Have a nice dream.”

“Good night, daddy!” sehun exclaims happily.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: thank you for all your support after all this time finally it comes to an end. sorry that at some part i left it hanging :x i'll let your imagination to fill up the missing part ;) thank you for reading until the very last chapter.

see you on different stories~~~

xoxo,

silversneeze

 

:p:p:p