The Pandora Box (i)

Shape of my heart

“Seems like you decided to suicide in a pile of numbers, huh?”


Kyuhyun doesn’t need to look to know who that is. He’s getting used to it. “Seems like you really like to tease me, huh? I’m quite busy here.”


Yoona snorts. “I’m just bring your lunch because missed your breakfast.” She put the tray food on a table in the corner.
 

Kyuhyun nods, “Thank you. I’ll take that later. I still have to fix this worksheet. Krystal is no kidding when she said that she’s a disaster in financial issues. She always...”
 

Kyuhyun couldn’t continue his words because Yoona already shoved something to his mouth.  “Oh wow, what is this? It’s awhsoommee!” Kyuhyun finally averts his gaze to Yoona.
 

It’s a small compliment. But Yoona feels happy about it, “It’s chicken cheese pastel.”
 

“You made this?” Kyuhyun widen his eyes.


Yoona nods her head. “Is it good?”
 

Kyuhyun take another pastel, “Good is an understatement. It’s great! You should make this everyday for me!!” says Kyuhyun with mouth full of pastel.
 

Yoona chuckles. The way Kyuhyun eat is really messy. She takes some tissue in the table and unconsciously wipe the trail of food on Kyuhyun’s face.
 

Kyuhyun a little bit startled when Yoona does that. Kyuhyun grabs Yoona’s hand, makes Yoona realize what she’s been doing.
 

“Ah, I’m sorry. There’s food in your face... i just try...”

 

 

“How is your firssstt... Ups.. am i interrupting something?” ask Krystal that all of a sudden shows up and makes Kyuhyun and Yoona startled.
 

Kyuhyun let Yoona’s hand go. Yoona looks away and set a distance from Kyuhyun.
 

“No, i was just brought him a food. And... oh my God... i forgot that i haven’t finished my chores. I’ll... i’ll just go back to the kitchen. Right now.” Yoona stutters.

She immediately leave the place.
 

Krystal and Kyuhyun staring at each other. Krystal looks at Kyuhyun with apologetical look. Kyuhyun just shake his head. And make an unaudible words, “It’s okay.”
 

 

...

 

“No, sir... i still have some work to do. I can’t” Yoona’s trying to brush off the guest’s hand from her hand.
 

“Ah, come on! Just accompany me for awhile.. don’t worry... i won’t bite!” the guest laugh along with his friends. Which makes Yoona a little bit uncomfortable.
 

“No sir... i can’t. I...”

 

 

“Let go of her hand.”

Yoona recognize that voice. She looks to her right. And there he is. The pale skin guy, slowly approaching her.
 

“Who are you?”  ask one of the guest that still holding Yoona’s arm.
 

Kyuhyun raise his eyebrows, “I said, let.. her.. go. Are you deaf?” Kyuhyun brush the guy’s hand off of Yoona and then pull her behind his body.
 

The guest looks unhappy, he gets up from his chair and stand before Kyuhyun, “Acting smart, young boy? Why you meddling into my business, huh?”
 

Kyuhyun push the guy away, “Your business? She’s my girlfriend..!"

Yoona raised her eyebrows but she knows that Kyuhyun said that to protect her. so she decided to act along with Kyu.

Kyuhyun pointing at the guy's face and make an intidimate voice, "You listen to me... Stay away from her..!”
 

The guest looks surprised. He then looks at Yoona, “Is he your boyfriend?”
 

Yoona immediately nods her head, “Yes. He is my boyfriend.”


“Happy?” ask Kyuhyun, rhetorically. Then he takes Yoona away.

 

...

 

“Thanks. I don’t know what am i supposed to do without you. Thank you.” Yoona stares at her feet. Doesn’t dare to look at Kyuhyun.


“Are you alright?” ask Kyuhyun looks worried.
 

Yoona nods. “Umh, i should go back to work. I should...”
 

“Hey...” Kyuhyun lefts Yoona’s head so he can sure that Yoona is okay.
 

Yoona grit her teeth. Trying so hard not to cry. She was so scared. She’s been through things like this before. But she couldn’t do anything about it. Besides, she doesn’t want to make the guest angry then left the motel which will caused a loss for Krystal.


“I’ll wait in the dining hall until you finish your work. Okay?”
 

Yoona couldn’t say anything so she just nods her head again.
 

“Everything’s gonna be okay. I promise.”
 

And Yoona believe his words.

 

...

 

“Did things like that happens oftenly?”
 

They’ve been stargazing, apparently it’s Yoona’s habit, to stargazing before her sleep.
 

“Yeah, it happens every once in awhile. But i still can chase them away. You know...”
 

I don’t know why, it makes me feel angry. You know, imagining those jerks hitting on Yoona and she can do nothing about it. I mean, she’s just a girl. Every girl needs a man to protect them. Ugh! If i saw one of the guest hitting or molesting her again, i swear i’ll punch them.
 

“Why you didn’t tell Krystal about it?”
 

Yoona frowned, “I don’t want her to worry about me. She’s already having a hard time by running this motel alone. And she’s been nice to me. That’s already enough. I didn’t want to put another pressure on her. Just let it be like this.”
 

“But Yoong... they might did something bad to you...” I disagree with her argument. She’s always thinking everybody but herself. That’s not healthy.
 

“They won’t. There’s still people left in a dining hall everytime they did that. So i’ll be safe.”
 

I sighed. This girl is stubborn. Arguing with her is kinda useless. But seriously, i feel like punching those jerks for what they did to Yoona.
 

... Wait, why do i care so much about this girl? I take a glance at Yoona that apparently has been drowning on her own thoughts. From this point of view, i don’t know why she looks really fragile. Seems like... there’s something bothering her mind right now. Which makes me feel like protecting her. From anything bad that could happen to her.
 

I laugh at myself when realized what i was just thinking. Since when you become this deep? I’m asking myself. Doesn’t need a genius to decipher what i’m feeling right now.

 

“Why are you smiling by yourself?” Yoona’s questions makes me a little bit startled.
 

“Huh? What? I... I’m not smiling...” i stutter my words.
 

Yoona chuckles. “It’s okay if you don’t wanna tell me. everybody has their own secret. Right?”
 

I laugh shortly, “You’re right.”

 

There’s a short pause before i finally say, “Talking about secret... why you never tell me about your parents’ death?”
 

Yoona looks surprise when i brought that topic, “How’d you......”
 

“Krystal told me where you left this morning. But... please don’t mad at her. She told me accidentally.” I tried to read her expression, “Do you... want to talk about it? I mean, your parents..”
 

Yoona looks conflicting between to tell Kyuhyun about the story or not. Well, sooner or later he’s going to find out about it soon. “They died when i was 13. They were sick. And we didn’t have much money for hospital. So...” Yoona doesn’t continue her words.
 

“When you were 13? That was...”
 

Yoona nodded, “After your parents asked my family to moved out, my dad fell into sick. He’s losing his job. He’s... desperate. That incident really gave him a huge impact...” her words starts to shaking. “He’s sick yet he refused to get treatment because our savings only suffice for our daily needs. So... he died because we couldn’t send him to the hospital for a proper treatment.”
 

I couldn’t say anything. I’m speechless. i’m cursing myself for being such a jerk at that time. She didn’t deserve this.
 

“After... after my father passed away, my mom feel depressed. She...”
 

“You don’t have to continue it Yoong... I’m sorry...” I pulled her into my embrace. And she starts to cry. “I’m sorry...” i uttered.

 

She shakes her head, “No, it’s not your fault, it’s not anyone fault. Don’t feel sorry about it. I supposed to take good care of him..”
 

So much for a girl to take. I’m so shocked ‘til i don’t know what to think anymore. I changed her life. Forever. What had you done, Kyuhyun? She didn’t deserve this.

 

...

 

*sorry for the slow updates. the internet in my house is dead. so i couldn't posted anything.

please give me some feedback ^^ thank you