Chapter 7.1: Chasing~

The Sky Will Always Comeback [Complete] [3:56 am]

Hanul’s POV
Taecyeon had given me his sweater, as it had been cold, and I didn’t have a jacket with me at the hospital.
Now that I had mine, I wanted to return his to him.
I would have waited, but I wasn’t sure when I’d see Taecyeon again, so I just decided to grit my teeth and get it over with.
I snuck in without much difficulty (Taecyeon must have been the last person to leave, the door was unlocked).
I met Wooyoung in the hallway, who greeted me with a hug and asked how I was doing. He told me Junsu, Junho, and Chansung had left for a photoshoot. He subtly slid in that Nickhun had gone for groceries. I glared at him. Wooyoung hurriedly moved on and told me that Taecyeon had gone outside for a bit, and would be back shortly.
In the meantime, I decided to visit Jaebum oppa.
I walked to his room and opened the door.
The first thing I felt was shock.
His room… was actually… clean. :O
But then, I saw a suitcase in the middle of the floor.
Jaebum was zipping it up.
I felt confused. He’d never told me anything about leaving for a variety show or something.
What was going on?
“Jaebum oppa….”
He looked up, and was startled by me.
“Hanul… why are you…?”
“Oppa, are you going somewhere?”

His eyes dropped from mine.
I felt fear.
He his lips slowly and then he said:
“I’m leaving 2pm.”
My heart stuttered.
“Oppa…”, I said. He wouldn’t meet my eyes. So then this was about …
“Is it because of me? Because I keep getting hurt by 2pm?”
“It’s not because of you”, he said, determinedly not meeting my eyes.
Bull.
“Jaebum oppa… listen to me. Listen to me.”
“Why didn’t you tell me?”, Jaebum oppa asked me, still staring at the floor. “About Nickhun?”
“Oppa, why would you have to know about that? That’s concerning me and Nickhun.”
His name got stuck in my throat. Jaebum looked up, hearing it in my strangled voice and seeing it in my hurt face. 
“I heard about everything… he did to you”, Jaebum said slowly, watching me.  “He hurt you.”
My heart was starting to thud like crazy. Oppa was waiting for a response, and I couldn’t deny it.
I could only tell him it was worth it.
I opened my mouth, “ Oppa, it’s-“
“I’m leaving.”, Jaebum said abruptly, turning his back on me. “My dream of being an idol isn’t as important as you. And… this whole industry makes me angry. It’s not worth it.”
Not worth it? A little bit of rage for the passion I’d felt… when I’d danced… the energy….
I wasn’t about to let Jaebum oppa make the same mistake I did.
“Babo”, the word fell out of my lips.
“ Babo. Babo.”
“Shut up”, Jaebum said.
“Babo! BABO! BABO!”, I started yelling, and somehow, I started crying.   
I wasn’t sure why I was crying. Maybe it was because I now had some idea of what Nickhun had felt when I’d left. And maybe because I knew now that there’s no such thing as a noble sacrifice. The best thing to do is to do what you want. And oppa was throwing it all away…. Everything he’d worked so hard for…

 

Taecyeon’s POV

I walked in, brushing the rain off my jacket as best as I could.

“Yah, do that outside. You’re getting the rug all wet.”
I looked up to see Wooyoung there,; his eyebrow raised and his finger pointing outside.
I grinned and shook my head so that the raindrops caught in my hair would get him.
“Taecy-“, Wooyoung started, but he was interrupted by a familiar voice.

“Babo. Babo. Babo.”

“Is that… Hanul?”, I asked.

“ Babo! BABO! BABO!”

Without bothering to respond, Wooyoung sprinted to Jay’s room and threw the door opened. I followed quickly.
And… I saw Jay turned away from us; stiff and clenching his hands into fists.

Hanul was pounding her fists on his back, screaming through her tears.
“I told you, it’s not because of you!”, Jaebum yelled.  

What? What was going on?
“ing BASTARD! YOU! YOU!”, Hanul was so far gone; she was sobbing, and yelling, and just out of control.
I turned to look at Wooyoung, but he was already moving.
He grabbed Hanul and pulled her into a tight, inescapable hug, dragging her away from Jaebum.
She kept yelling.
“ you! you!”
Wooyoung dragged her out of the room and left the house with a slam.
“Hyung, what-?” I stopped when I realized someone was standing next to the door.
It was Nickhun.
His hair was wet; it must still be raining outside.
His expression… was shock. Open shock. He stared at me, with wide eyes.
Behind me, I heard a whimper.
I turned to look at Jaebum.
He had held his composure the whole time while Hanul had been going crazy.
It was starting to crack.
He slowly started to break down, and when he couldn’t handle it, he kneeled onto the ground, his head in his hand, the other hand gripping the ground, preventing him from falling over on his side.
“Jay…”, I murmured.
“Jaebum”, Nichkhun whispered.
“ off. Both of you.”, he was crying now. “. Off.
 I looked away from Jaebum, anything to avoid seeing our leader and our light, shattered to pieces, kneeling on the ground.
Nichkhun, on the other hand, couldn’t seem to stop staring at Jaebum. I looked at Nickhun’s face, and the feeling of overwhelming guilt was written on it.
At that moment, I felt pity for Nichkhun.
It lasted one second.
Because my eyes happened to land on Jaebum’s suitcase.
“Jaebum… are you going somewhere?”, I said, shocked.
“. Off”, Jay dragged himself up and walked out of the room, out of the house.
Nichkhun was still staring at the spot where Jay had been crawled up.
“Khun…”, I said, in shock.  
“I’m sorry”, he whispered, and then he turned from me and left the room .

 

Wooyoung’s POV

“Oppa, please”, Hanul whispered.  

She was facing away from me; her forehead was resting against the car window.
But I could still see her reflection in the window; I could clearly see tears streaking down her face.
“What?”, I asked her, monotonously.
“Take me to YG.”
I closed my eyes and internally sighed.
“Oppa, please”, Hanul whispered, her voice cracking at the end.
“What?”, I asked her, tiredly.
“Take me to YG.”
I ignored her again.
I knew exactly what she was going to do.
And there was no way I was going to be the one who helped her to do that.
“Oppa, please…”

…….
[Some time later]

I sighed deeply.
I still don’t know… if I did the right thing.
I had at least texted Taecyeon. But still….
I sighed again. I wanted to rip my brain out and just stop thinking for a while.

I checked my watch.
And groaned.
I started to drag myself home.
It was 4 am.

Junsu’s POV
Three members were eating breakfast at the table.

THREE.

Where were the other FOUR?
 Didn’t they KNOW it was a debut day!?!??!?!

I slammed my fork down.
Everyone sleepily looked up at me.
I swear their reaction rate was 20 seconds late.

Chansung didn’t even react.
His head was on the table, his hair sprayed out around him.
He looked like a big, fluffy dog.

I shuddered. Ew.
Then, I left the table and went to Taecyeon’s room first.
I slammed his door open so hard, his picture of Ha Ji Won (Korean actress he adores XD) fell off the wall and clunked him on his head.

Groaning, Taecyeon rubbed his head and slowly got up.
Excellent. I congratulated myself on how well that worked out.
I slammed open Wooyoung’s door even harder.

SLAM!

He didn’t even budge. -.-
“Wooyoung!”, I shouted.

“Muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt?”, Wooyoung slurred sleepily. He unconsciously wiped drool off the corner of his mouth and wiped it on his shirt.
I almost threw up.
“WOOYOUNG!”, I yelled.
“GET OUTTTTTTTTTTTTT!”, he roared back, still asleep.
0.0 Omo, Wooyoung was so scary when he yelled.

 He roared like a dragon. He could be WDragon, and be buddies with GDragon….
Before I could clear my head of such stupid thoughts, Taecyeon sleepily walked over to Wooyoung, with bags under his eyes, and collapsed next to Wooyoung on his bed.
._. Really, what was UP with them? Especially Taecyeon. He was never late for anything.
Fine, I’d just get to Nickhun first.
Frustrated, I karate-kicked his door open  with a “YAHHHHHHHHHH!”

-And came face-to-face with a fully dressed, clearly awake Nickhun looking blankly at me.
Woops.

I opened my mouth, but before I could offer an explanation, Junho and Chansung ran in, yelling all kinds of nonsense.

 

Junho’s POV
Junsu slammed his fork down.
The fact that he had just done an action that was supposed to get attention took about 20 seconds to register in my mind. I looked up at Junsu, sleepily.
He…..look….ed……pissed……, my mind told me.

Next thing I know, he stormed off, and – SLAM!

I threw my arms over my head, thinking “OPEN FIREEEE!”

Chansung jumped from his seat.
When it was dead silent, Chansung and I looked at each other.
Chansung started to ask “What was-SLAMMMMMM!”

And then I heard Junsu yelling Wooyoung’s name.
What the was he doing?
“Junsu’s waking everyone up”, I realized.
Chansung replied, “Jay’s going to kill him if Junsu does that to him.”
“Let’s go wake Leader Jay up ourselves. Gently. Like a princess.”, I said, grinning.

We made our way down to Leader Jay’s room.

I gently, slowly opened the door.
And peeked in.
What the heck?
Where was he?
His room was… empty.
Empty.

Empt- Wah?
Chansung and I looked at each other, and then we both ran into the other hallway, trying to find someone.
I saw Junsu and Nichkhun, and skidded to a stop in front of them, and started blabbering, out of breath, “Junsu! Chansung, and I . We… Jay’s room… no one there!”
“What? Speak so it makes sense!”, Junsu snapped. Taecyeon and Wooyoung appeared behind us, awake, finally,  by all the yelling.
I opened my mouth to try again but all that came out was a squeak.
Chansung pushed me out of the way.
“We went to Jay’s room to wake him up. There’s no one there, and his room is completely empty.”, Chansung explained.
“What? His suitcase is gone?”, Nickhun said; he looked intense.
“Yeah, everything”, Chansung responded.

We all stared at each other…
Junsu and Taecyeon…
Wooyoung and Nickhun….

Me and Chansung….

Taecyeon’s phone rang from his sweats pocket.
He picked it up, checked the caller, and then set it on speaker.
“President, it’s us. 2pm.”, Taecyeon greeted.
“You mean 1:59?”, the President said with a sigh.
“What?”, I blurted out…. No way…..

“Jay’s talking a short hiatus. You guys are on your own today.”, The President explained, seeming tired.
“Did he… say why?”, Taecyeon asked.
There was silence and then the President just repeated, emotionlessly “You guys are on your own today.”

And he hung up.
I spoke first, “There’s no way we can do this without Jay. He’s our freaking LEADER.”
“It doesn’t matter”, Taecyeon said, not looking at us, but his voice seemed resigned. “You heard Pres., we’re on our own today. Let’s go.”
He left the room, followed by Wooyoung.  

1:59…..
Jay, where are you?

 

a/n: long time, and long chapter. ;)
sorry that took so long.
hellopanda, i'm finally poking you back! :D
as recompensation, I cleaned this story up a bit! every chapter has a picture and grammar is better. :P
at the end i'm going to post an epilogue, posters, pictures of the people involved with my story, scenes I didn't ad, etc. etc.
but we still have quick a while to before that.
<3
Thanks to my silent readers (:, my NEW subscribers (thanks!), and as always, hellopanda23 and mayvin. <3 <3 <3 
hoped you enjoyed this chapterrrrrrrrr!