6.3: Return to Me~

The Sky Will Always Comeback [Complete] [3:56 am]

Junsu’s POV

Someone shoot me. My vocals cords were at their limit. Nine hours of singing. XP This is absurd, I tell you!

Anyways,  I was walking out to get water again, when I passed the JYP President in his office, yapping away on the phone.
As I was slurping water from the water fountain, I could hear this man chat away.

“James, yeah, I heard about your marriage, man. Congratulations!”

There was a pause.
“What’s her name again? Alexandra….Alexandra Ivy?”

There was another pause, then the President laughed and said, “I would talk to her, but I can’t pronounce her name. But tell her congrats, congrats. She’s a lucky girl. Speaking of, does Jay’s sister know about this?”

Yet another pause, then a “Sure, I’ll tell Jay that. Okay, bye.”

You know, for all the crap this man gave us about learning languages, he was pretty damn good at English. I wiped my mouth and headed back to the practice room.

 

Jaebum’s POV

That bastard was right there.
Dancing as if nothing was happening.
We were practicing the dance to “Heartbeat”.

His part started and we all moved in formation.
Suddenly, when Nickhun rapped “She ain’t coming back”, I got it.
I got what the ing song was about.
It was about Hanul. It was about my sister.
ing.

I lost it. I shoved Nickhun into the mirror wall.

Everyone stopped what they were doing.

“WHAT THE DID YOU DO!?”, I yelled. I’d never been so mad. I’d never been so… so…

Nickhun didn’t meet my eyes.

Everyone was silent and shocked, except for Wooyoung and Taecyeon, who both exchanged a look.

“WHY IS SHE-?”

The door opened, and two people walked in.
It took me a second to realize that it was the SM President and the JYP President.

“Jay?”, the JYP President said, looking at me with a concerned expression.

I bowed to both of them, and then grabbed my jacket, and left.
I was so ing done with this.

 

Nickhun’s POV

The rest of us stood there, facing the Presidents.

“Ah, you’re Nickhun, right?”, the SM President asked.
I bowed stiffly, then nodded.

This was the man who’d come to see Hanul when she’d first come here.

“There’s a visit you should pay to someone”, he said, and I was whisked off.

“Sir, I don’t-“ I tried to walk away.

“Oh yes, you do.”, the SM President grabbed my collar and dragged me like a dog, to the hospital.

And I knew who I was paying a visit to.

When we came to her room, the President smoothed my collar, and said, “Ready?”

I tried to protest again, but he threw the door open and walked in, holding my cuff.

And I lost my mind the moment I saw Victoria and Hanul together.
What? Why were they… together?

The President said something, and everyone walked out…   
And now the three of us were exactly in the position the President wanted us to be in, I could tell by the smirk on his face.

“Congratulations”, the President said to Hanul.

She was avoiding my gaze but I stared at her; she looked ill. Did she remember why she was here?

The President pulled out a thick white card.

It had a picture of two people dancing on the front.
He opened it and read aloud, “James Parker and Choi Hanul Cordially Invite You to a Wedding.”

Her eyes snapped up, she tried to stand, the IV ripped from her arm.

As for me, I don’t… honestly… know… what I’m feeling.

“Didn’t you go to America two weeks ago?”, the President continued,”Didn’t you go to James?”
Hanul started to shake her head wildly, but the President’s smile only grew.
Hanul tried to walk, but she collapsed on the bed. Her eyes snapped to me.
She just stared at me, in pain and unrelenting.
My mind cleared when she looked at me.

I didn’t believe anything the President said. It didn’t matter to me if it was true.

But it mattered that she’d never… never given me a chance.

I’d tried… at the airport, I didn’t even know where she was going or why or if she’d even come back.

She’d coldly rejected me and left me a desperate mess.

I wasn’t angry. But I was feeling aggressive. There was one thing I’d make clear today. I’d make it clear that I’d been too nice to her, that I could force my chance on her if I’d wanted.
The President left. Of course, his job was done.

She was looking down again, refusing to meet my eyes.

“Hanul”, I said, my voice croaking. This was her last chance. I cleared my voice.
“Hanul, look at me.”

She didn’t. She was staring at a bunch of flowers on her beside, as if about to make a decision.

Well, I wasn’t about to wait for her decision again.

I grabbed her hand , jerked her up from the bed, and pulled her down the stairs. She struggled against me silently, almost falling down the stairs. I dragged her outside of the building, ignoring her struggling; and then I pushed her up against the wall and kissed her roughly.

She saw it coming, and ducked her head the first time.
And she. Still. Wouldn’t. look. At. Me.

I grabbed her face with both my hands and I forced our lips to meet.
Fine, you won’t meet my eyes? Meet my lips.

She pushed against me particularly hard, and I stepped back, breathing hard. She leaned over, supporting herself with her hands against her knees. She was trembling.

There was a moment of deathly silence.

And then she finally spoke. “What did I do to you?”, she asked quietly.  

She straightened up and looked me in the eyes. Finally. But I didn’t feel relief like I thought I would. I just felt… defensive, as if I’d done something wrong.
Suddenly, she screamed,“What the did I do to you?” She stepped forward and slapped me on the face, hard.

 I stood still a moment to register the pain before I looked at her, my cheek stinging.

She’d just asked me the question I wanted her to ask me most, and now I couldn’t think of  an answer.
How could I explain, in words, the many ways in which she had tortured me.

So I said the simplest, truest thing.

“You. Left. Me.”

And then I left her there.

As I was leaving, I saw someone staring at me from the balcony overlooking the alley in which I’d dragged Hanul to.

I didn’t react, I already knew it was Taecyeon.

a/n: i love your emotional self, hellopanda23. XD and i'm waiting for your reaction on this one. haha. two chapters in one day! <3 not bad, right?
i've halfway done with the next one too. (: (: