Chapter 6.3~ Return to Me

The Sky Will Always Comeback [Complete] [3:56 am]

 

Jaebum’s POV

I stared at my sister’s face, she was sleeping quietly.

Sleeping, not dead.
A tremor wracked my body. I had never been so scared in my life as that moment when...

I closed my eyes and leaned my head in my hands.

Why was all this happening to her?
Why didn’t I do anything?


Because I had trusted Nickhun.
I wasn’t blind, I knew they had feelings for each other. I just pretended not to notice.
Like when Nickhun caught Hanul from falling in the kitchen.

Like when Hanul had fallen onto Nickhun the first day back.

It wasn’t like I didn’t know.
And that was the worst part.
I’d known, and I’d trusted him, and he had failed miserably.
Bastard.

I didn’t ever want to see his face again.
 

Hanul’s POV
I woke up groggily.
“Hanul?”, someone said.

I blinked again.

It was BoA, looking worried and tired.

“BoA?”

She nodded, and then gently took my hand.

“Are you okay?”

I smiled. “Of course. Why are you here?”

“Do you know where you are?”, BoA asked.

I hesitated. And then I noticed an IV in my arm.

“Why am I-?”

The door opened, and two very unlikely people walked in.

“We’re not in the mood to catfight”, BoA said, glaring at Suyeon and Victoria.

“I’m not either”, Suyeon said, surprising us.

Victoria didn’t pay attention to any of them, and instead laid flowers on my bed-table.

I chose to look at the flowers rather than at her pretty face.

“I’m sorry”, she said. Her voice was small, but the pain in it made me look up.

“I’m sorry”, she said again. “For making you think that Nickhun and I were ever together.”

Suddenly I remembered why I was here. What Had Happened. I looked at the flowers again. 

“I’m sorry, it’s all my fault”, Victoria said.

“Victoria”, I said, my throat clogging up, “that’s not… really the problem. The problem is… he didn’t even bother to tell me that himself.”

“He’s shy.”

I scoffed.

“He is. He’s scared you don’t love him. Please, be the brave one”, Victoria said. She got down on her knees.

“Victoria”, I said, “I’m not brave.” 

“Not even for him?”, Victoria said gently at the same time Suyeon said, “Well, princess, you’re going to have to be”, at the same BoA said firmly, “Yes, you are.”

I looked at them; they all looked at each other, and quickly looked down.
 “Please, think about it”, Victoria said, at the same time BoA said, “You can’t be alone for the rest of your life, at the same time Suyeon said, “Do it.”

They all looked at each other, but this time they smiled slightly.

I sighed and leaned back in the bed.

This was a bit too much to deal with.

A phone rang. We all jumped, startled.
It was Suyeon’s. She picked it up. “Hello?”

The person on the other line said something, and Suyeon’s face clouded over. She looked pissed.

And frantic. It was the first time I’d ever seen her look uncomfortable. It made me feel uneasy.
“No, you can’t do that. No, stop him.”

And suddenly she was yelling.

“NO!”

And then, “BECAUSE SHE’S MY FRIEND!”

Startled, Victoria sat down. She was practically in my lap.

“Uhm, Victoria…”, I started to say.
Suddenly, the hospital door flew open for the second time that day.

I looked past Victoria and saw the SM President and Nickhun enter my room. 

There was dead silence.

BoA stood up, and whispered, “President…”

The SM President said, “I would appreciate if all of you, except Nickhun, could perhaps leave me with my dear friend Hanul?”

Victoria and BoA looked at each other uneasily as they left.

But Suyeon stopped in front of the President and quietly said, “I think you have the wrong information, sir” before she stepped around him and left.

The President smiled wryly and waited for the door to close.
I warily watched him, looking away from Nickhun.

 When the door closed, the President turned to me and said, “Congratulations.”

 

a/n: a short chapter. mwahahha. it's a cliffhanger too. <3 i'm sorry i've been gone again. my excuse is: school, mock trial, golf, homecoming all in 5 days. XD i'm sorryyyyyyyyy. but i did update, see? ^^
thanks.
hellopanda23, that picture is for you.... <3 i'll have the second one up with the next update. :3