Chapter 5: Sign Change~

The Sky Will Always Comeback [Complete] [3:56 am]

Hanuls’ POV
Hot and sweaty and totally exhausted after the adrenaline rush, I was ready for nothing more than a shower, some ramen, and bed.
But as always, the entertainment industry demanded more.

People, with cameras, were waiting to take pictures of Big Bang, and it was absolutely essential we support them, said the manager. So, “get dressed for the party”.
I groaned.  Party?
“Can I just go in what I’m wearing now?”, I asked, looking at my black shirt and jeans.
“Hanul, stop being lazy. I’ll let you borrow my stuff, let’s go”, BoA pushed me up the stairs and into our hotel room.


I stepped out of the shower, muscles totally relaxed. I looked over at the hair dryer. It was out of reach, I estimated it was about five steps away? I decided to let my hair dry au natural…..
 

T.O.P.’s POV

I was pulling on some clothes when I heard the shower shut off next door.

I was pulling socks on when I heard someone shriek in the other room. Ji Young and I looked at each other.
“Hanul, get up! Omo, your hair! What did you do?”

“I don’t know, I don’t know….”,I heard someone mumble offhandedly and sleepily.
Ji Young and I smirked at each other. We knew perfectly well whose voice that was.
“Get up!”, we heard BoA say.

“I don’t want to!”, was the response. 
I snickered as I pulled on my socks. Poor BoA.

“Hanul, I’m going to kick your if you don’t get up THIS SECOND!”

0.0 Wuhhhh? Girls said that to each other? I traded D: faces with Ji Young, who was equally as shocked.
“AHHHHHHHHH…….. PLEASEEE LETTT ME SLEPPPPPPPPP…..”
Hanul’s shriek was unearthly. 0.o It sounded like a ghost.
Oh my god. Scary girls.
I was getting goosebumps. I motioned silently to Ji Young to ditch, and he agreed, grabbing a pair of shoes before we left.
These girls…. So… terrifying… ><

 

About half an hour later, I was at the party.

It was stifling and boring, and I was getting sick of Hyuna’s attempts to take couple-like photos in front of all the media. She was annoying, didn’t she understand that I didn’t think of her that way?
And the new girl was just scary.
“BoA, it’s too short”, I heard someone say.
“Just GO.”
I turned around just in time to see Hanul and BoA appear from around the corner.

I was awestruck as to how beautiful she was.
BoA had always been beautiful, that was an internationally known fact.
But Hanul…
She glowed. Literally lit up.

She was just… wow. Like, she looked like she should be surrounded by men ily trying to seduce her by speaking Spanish. If you don’t consider that absolutely gorgeous, then you should go get your glasses checked.
“Reel those eyeballs back in”, someone said. I turned around to see Ji Young, grinning widely.

“Ji Young ah, do you know who that IS?”, I said emphatically.
He laughed.
“Hanul, BoA”, he called.
Was he CRAZY?
But they were coming over here now. I resisted the temptation to hide behind the dessert table. Barely.

“Ji Young oppa, good job today”, Hanul said, giving him a thumbs up and a smile.

I gulped.

“Thanks, you did well too”, he said. “We’re going to watch a rerun after this in our room. Want to watch with us?”
Hanul and BoA both nodded.

“I see you finally got out of bed”, I said to Hanul. It was the only way I could tell her that she was beautiful.
…. Although I don’t know how she’s going to logically come to that particular conclusion…
“BoA, you look amazing”, I said. The second I thought about the comparison I had just made, I wanted to shoot myself.

Ji Young noticed. His way of comforting me was to grin and offer his arm to Hanul.
“Want to dance?”, he asked her. I gritted my teeth.

Hanul laughed and said, “How do I know you won’t go crazy on me?”
“I promise not to start popping and turfing”, he pinky-promised her.
They left.
BoA and I watched them.

Ji Young started to dance disco, like Michael Jackson, which makes it impossible to dance anything but solo.
“Hey, come back here!”, Hanul shouted, but she was laughing.

I watched as she followed him, and to my amazement, started to dance disco, and somehow managed to stay with Ji Young the whole time.
Hyuna was starting to walk over to me, so I quickly offered BoA my arm.
Unlike Ji Young, I wasn’t brave enough to bust out weird moves. I stuck to a boring classical dance, but BoA seemed to enjoy it.
 

Hanul’s POV
After the after-party was over, (which, actually was much more fun than I had expected), BoA and I walked up with T.O.P. and Ji Young to their room.

Once there, we turned up the air conditioner. But it was ridiculously hot.
Someone threw a shirt at me; it landed right on my face.
BoA shrieked; the same thing must have happened to her.
We pulled the shirts off our faces and looked at them.

“I swear it’s clean”, Ji Young said, looking at BoA.

I carefully sniffed mine.
T.O.P. rolled his eyes.
“If you don’t want it, give it back”, he said, and stuck out his hand. Oh, so this was his shirt.

I shook my head, and made my I’m-sorry-puppy-eyes face at him. I really didn’t want to have to walk to my room and pull out a shirt. Besides, none of them would be as refreshing as this one because none of my shirts were as loose and airy as this one.
T.O.P. pointed at the bathroom door.
BoA and I changed quickly and all four of us settled down on a bed (T.O.P. and I were taller than Ji Young and BoA, so we sat against the headboard while Ji Young and BoA sat at the edge of the bed) and started the rerun.

The debut really had been flawless, except when Seungri accidently bumped butts with Daesung, and then one other time, when T.O.P. had nearly tripped over Hyuna, who had been trying to be y and grind on him, I had grabbed him inconspicuously and stopped him from falling. It was barely noticeable, and to be honest, I didn’t remember at all, because the concert had been so intense.
But now, I looked up at T.O.P. He mouthed “thank you” to me. I smiled back, crinkling my eyes, before I returned my attention to the screen. But I felt T.O.P. move next to me ever so slightly and I instinctively turned towards him.
He gently caught my face between his hands and leaned forward and kissed me on my forehead.
It was unexpectedly gentle, and very, very sweet.

I felt myself react in shock. I tensed up and wide-eyed, I looked up at him.
His eyes were the eyes I’d seen the first time I’d seen him.
Mature, wise, deep, heavy, and alluring. And I saw in those eyes, that had seemed so cold before, I saw warmth. I saw that he knew.
He knew, he knew that I wasn’t going to feel that way for him.
He knew my messed-up love story, but he believed I would succeed with Nickhun.
It wasn’t about a relationship between the two of us, it was about support and faith.
I smiled and slowly laid my head on his shoulder.

He was my oppa. A very special oppa.    
 

G Dragon’s POV
One last airplane ride home.
I sat in the center, between T.O.P. and Hanul.
To our right, in window seats, sat Seungri and Daesung, and Taeyang and BoA sat on our left.

 Hyuna had left last night to promote her own song, Change.
Suyeon had also left last night to discuss her own possible upcoming debut with the YG President.
I didn’t like her much, but she deserved it. She had worked hard for that spot.
The pilot  was now asking passengers to buckle in and turn off all phones.

I glimpsed a message on Hanul’s phone just as she shut it off. It was from her to her brother.
It said: Jay Oppa!~ I’m coming home! See you at the airport!

I’d forgotten about Hanul’s real family. I’d forgotten she’d already had a family.
I sighed and looked at the bathroom signs.
It  flipped from “VACANT” to “OCCUPIED”.

Just like Hanul.

a/n: wow, big bang's most major involvement is done. we're going back to 2pm and Korea! !!!
i've missed writing about 2pm, and Nickhun (hellopanda23, i sense frustration in you, hehe) .
i hope you enjoyed big bang's debut, they're not completely out of the story, but i think i've summed up their
relationships with Hanul. i'm pretty sure that's about as far as they're going to go. (:
so hellopanda23, have another peach and think about James and  T.O.P. ahahaha.
Mavyin, thank you so much for  always commenting! you really make me feel like i should write another chapter. <3