Chapter 3.5~Place:Seoul, Korea~Mission: Get the Girl

The Sky Will Always Comeback [Complete] [3:56 am]

Taecyeon’s POV

I really want to go home.

“Shut up, Taecyeon”, Jaebum said.

“She’s not coming”, I said.

 “And we have no cell phone to call her with”, Wooyoung added.

“That’s why we have to drop this off”, Jaebum said holding up the cell phone case.

She came about five minutes later, dripping wet but with a huge bowl of semi-melted ice cream.

“Hanul, where have you been?”, Jaebum asked.

“Work”, she replied, as she let us in. “I’m leaving for America in a few days.”

We froze.

“Just for a bit”, she clarified quickly, seeing the expressions on our face. “I’m a backup dancer for Big Bang’s American debut.”

Jaebum fell onto the couch and covered his face.

Wooyoung leaned against the table, relief on his face.

“Sorry”, Hanul whispered, “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“What’s all this?” she motioned at the presents we had bought her.

And suddenly I understood why Jaebum was so adamant about seeing her and being the perfect oppa to her.

She might leave… any second. And she really might not come back.

“Presents”, I said. I seemed to be the only one to have found my voice.

“For you”, I added, when no one said anything.

“REALLY?”, Hanul said.

We all jumped, startled by her reaction.

“Asa!”, Hanul beamed, like it was the best day ever.

But we knew, she was pretending for us, so we pretended for her. She smiled, we smiled.

I guess I’m one of the “we” now.

 

Hanul loved her presents. All of them. -.- She cuddled with the bear, as expected. I refrained from saying that I had bought it. But she was equally into the Lego. I couldn’t believe it. Was she not a girl? She sure seemed like one.

I mean. Well, not like I’m falling for her or anything. But she was obviously a girl.

She had somewhat pretty hair, long and brown. She had a kinda cute face, with eyes… eyes that were sad… and deep.

And then suddenly those eyes were staring straight into mine.

Taken aback, I stared back.

And then I realized she’d opened the cellphone case. She must have realized that I’d bought it for her.

She smiled at me, and carefully put it away.

And then, she, Jaebum, and Wooyoung, excitedly began to put together the Lego.

No one was looking, so I sat back and ate the poor ice cream, bravely trying to stay alive.

 

“Taecyeon, wake up”, someone said.

“Mmmm… I don’t want to…. Go away.”

“We’re going home.”

“I don’t want to …. Go home. Don’t… want…”

I vaguely heard a deep sigh and quiet laughter.

“Just let him stay here for now. You don’t have a schedule today, right?”

“Yeah…”

“We’ll come pick him up in a couple hours.”

“Sure.” 

I heard a door close and I heard someone walking past me.

 

Hanul’s POV

Taecyeon looked cold. He was shivering, like a child.

 I felt some warmth when I saw his baby-like sleeping face.

I felt grateful towards him. I knew he had bought me the cell phone and he had definitely bought the gigantic fluffy bear, Jaebum and Wooyoung would never have bought me something like that. No one had bought me something like that… since James…

I sighed. I pulled out a blanket from the cupboard and start to fold it open while walking towards Taecyeon.

My foot caught on the edge of the blanket and tripped forward. >< Why am I so predictable?
I instinctively closed my eyes, waiting for the crash.

But instead of crashing, I felt two hands grab me on either side of my waist. I lurched slightly, and my hands stretched out, and landed on a very muscular chest. Taecyeon’s chest.

We stared at each other, both startled out of our minds.

“Sorry”, I whispered. My heart was thundering in my chest. My eyes…. I was still staring into his eyes.

DING DONG. We quickly pushed each other away, he was gentle, I was forceful.

I pushed open the door.

It was Nickhun. I froze. But he wasn’t looking at me. In fact, he was looking but at me. Taecyeon appeared behind me.

“I’m going”, he said to me, patting my head awkwardly. He scooted around me and left with Nickhun.

Slowly closing the door, heart still thundering, I realized that the blinds had been open.

Nickhun…. Had seen.

T_T

Did he like to purposely screw things up for himself and for me? Jerk! Taecyeon and I didn’t do anything, why would Nickhun happen to show up at that very moment?

I’m sure he didn’t see anything. I mean, there wasn’t anything to see.

 …. Right?

 A/N: Next chapter I have planned in one of the most dramatic. It's one of the saddest, cutest chapters. :3
Thanks for reading.
Thank you especially to hellopanda23 for always motivating me to write. This story would not exist without you.