Chapter 3.4~Place:Seoul, Korea~Mission: Get the Girl

The Sky Will Always Comeback [Complete] [3:56 am]

Jaebum’s POV

We were all huddled around our kitchen table, writing down ideas for songs. By “we”, I mean, 2pm.
Hanul was at her newfound apartment, which had been scouted out by the YG President.

I sighed internally at the thought of her working for YG. She would. Even though her oppa was at JYP.

“Okay, so we’ve got ‘Hands Up’, anything else?”

We all stared at each other with blank faces, so exhausted. There was silence for one minute… two minutes…. Three minutes…. Four minutes…

“I have a song idea…”, Nickhun said, slowly, as if he’d thought of it just now.

“What is it?”

 “The song would be called Heartbeat”, he said quietly, “it’s about a girl who left you and isn’t returning, but your heart keeps beating for her.”

“That sounds good”, Junsu said.

“Yeah, we could have like… a zombie-like dance to it.”, Junho said.

But I found myself studying Nickhun. Who exactly was this song about?

“Okay, we’ll run this list through with the director tomorrow”, Junsu said.

We all stood up and parted ways.

I was going to the mall to get some presents for Hanul; she must feel lonely, living alone. 

Wooyoung was coming with me, and he’d roped Taecyeon into coming to. “He can carry everything we buy”, Wooyoung had whispered to me.

 

Taecyeon’s POV

I should have stayed home. I would have stayed home. I want to go home.

Because, fact: Jaebum and Wooyoung are more immature than 5 year olds.

They were trying to buy Hanul Lego. 0.0 She’s a girl. Do they not understand this? 

Jaebum and Wooyoung said I didn’t “get it”. -.-So I said okay… and backed out.

But they were so damn stupid. I mean…

“Then you get her stuff”, Wooyoung suggested, looking annoyed.

Oh, did I say that out loud?

“Gladly”, I responded. And I picked out stuff that was actually somewhat likeable to a girl.

I picked out a giant teddy bear, light brown, smiling, and fluffy. As I handed it to Jaebum, ignoring his look of digust, I happened to see a cellphone store over his shoulder.

“Where are you going?”, Wooyoung called as I walked past them. 

I pointed to the cellphone store. “Didn’t you say she broke her phone?”, I asked, and internally winced. I would know.

 

Hanul’s POV

Only three days before I left for Big Bang’s American Debut.

I was excited to go back to America. At least for a little while, I’d be home again.

He was all over advertisements again. This time, with Victoria.

I wish I didn’t like him. I wish I’d never met him. I sighed. These thoughts were hopeless.

“Stop sighing, you’re damn annoying”.

I looked and saw T.O.P. and G.Dragon walking out of the YG Building.

Both were sweaty and looked exhausted. Welcome to the life of a kpop idol.

I wasn’t in the mood to have another yelling match, so I got up and walked away.

I heard G-Dragon call my name, but I didn’t respond.

I wasn’t feeling it today. I wanted ice cream.

 

T.O.P’s POV

I guess skid-kid wasn’t feeling it today. I barely said anything to make her all -hurt and walk off like that. Right? I mean, I’d said worse and she’d been fine. Why’d she’d have to act all hurt today? I thought being rude was just how we communicated. But not Ji Young was pushing me down the street, telling me I needed to apologize.

“She’s in there! Right there! Dude, just go buy her ice cream.”

“Ji Young, shut up! She doesn’t want to deal with us right now.”

“Stop being stupid. Go in there and say sorry. You want her to ruin our debut?”

I sighed. God damn.

I walked in and feeling extremely awkward, went up to the waitress.

“Er- um, that young lady over there… waiting for her order. She hasn’t paid yet, right?”

“No, customers don’t pay until they get their order.”

“Right, um, can you place her bill on my-?”

“Top-sshi? OMOOO.”

. I was screwed. Screwed.

I had been captured by squealing fan girls.

I saw Hanul look up and spot me right away. Even more screwed. I saw Hanul uncertainly get up to approach me. I tried to wave her away, I didn’t want reports of us dating. How disgusting. I think she realized because she automatically left.

“Order 88!”

“That was hers…”, the waitress said, seeming amused.

“Right”, I said, and I tried my best to pay and leave quickly.

She had ordered a freaking mountain of ice cream, and all the girls were 0.0

I groaned. The moment I exited the store, I grabbed both Hanul and Ji Young and dragged them up the street. When we were finally alone in an alleyway, I handed her the ice cream and started to walk away. Job done, right?

“Fan girl”, Ji Young whispered. “Stay here while I bring the car. You’re more noticeable than I am.”

 He ran off, leaving two people behind. Two.

“Um… don’t I have to pay?”, she asked hesitantly. She didn’t seem so sad anymore, she seemed just… in awe.

“I already did”, I answered.

She didn’t respond. It was awkward silence…. And a gay baby is born.

“Do you want some?”, she asked.

“No. Hurry up and eat it, it’s melting.” I pointed out.

“Right”, she answered.

She looked up; it had started to rain again. I looked up too. We just stood like that, uncomfortable together, but not quite as awkward as before, staring at a blue summer sky.