Chapter 2.9~ Picking Up the Strands~ Loose Ends

The Sky Will Always Comeback [Complete] [3:56 am]

Wooyoung’s POV

I wondered if she was sleeping, I held my hand up in front of her and slowly waved it. A smile spread over her face and she caught my hand with her own.

“You’re not sleeping?”, I asked.

She shook her head, and loosely held my hand.

My beautiful little sister.

“Are you okay?”, I asked.

Her smile faded slightly and she opened her eyes to stare at the heavens above.

opened to say the word “yes”, but she stopped, as if she couldn’t say it.

“You can’t lie to me”, I told her.

She turned her head to look at me, and she whispered, “And I just can’t tell the truth to him.” 

“What is the truth?”, I asked, half afraid. What if her reason was that she had been pregnant and had to get an abortion or that she had been blackmailed the night of her debut? 

“I…”, she started, hesitating. “Wooyoung, On February 14ththree years ago, I became engaged to Nickhun. We had planned to tell the media in two weeks. But the SM President noticed first. He had seen pictures of me and Nickhun together, and altogether I could just pass it off as a sibling relationship at first, when he saw the ring around my finger, it became sort-of obvious. The President talked to me about it, he said that relationships in the idol world were not only dangerous, but disgusting. Love, he said, is equivalent to . It’s not a pure thing. I argued, firmly believing that everyone would take my side. The next day, the President leaked the news to the managers and trainees at SM. I started receiving a lot of glares, shoves, and hate-mail, even threats. They thought I was using Nickhun to become a publicized idol. On the day of my debut, a week before the engagement announcement, BoA told me that SM was planning to tell YG about me and Nickhun, about our engagement. I couldn’t- I couldn’t let that happen to him. I didn’t want him to face the same attitude people were giving me. I went to the YG building. (*Remember she said it was familiar?) I met with the President and convinced him to shut down any news about me and Nickhun. That’s where I was was… when I was supposed to be on stage.”, she sighed. “Obviously, the SM President knew what I had done when the YG President refused to publicize my scandal… I was demoted to a trainee again, and the SM President didn’t allow me to see you guys again, remember? .”

I nodded, feeling a tight constriction in my windpipe as I did so. We had all blamed her for running away… except for Jaebum. He had believed in her. Blood does count for something, I thought.

“And then the engagement day, a week before your debut” ,she winced at the word engagement, “ the SM President told me that he was going to YG Entertainment. I didn’t care, the YG President had already proved his honesty. But then… later, when I went out for lunch, I heard some girls talking about Big Bang collaborating with miss A that day… which meant that the JYP President would be at YG with the SM President… So I tracked down the SM President at YG before he met the JYP President and I made a deal with him, he would say nothing if I never saw you again, except to say bye and I would allow him to terminate me from SM Entertainment. So I did.”

I nodded, mutely, remembering. Jaebum had gotten insanely drunk that night.

“But then I started seeing Nickhun’s face everywhere, because you had just debuted. He was on billboards and on girls’ cellphones, on advertisements and products… and he was always so unattainable… after a few months,” she started to whisper, “I couldn’t stand it anymore. I couldn’t concentrate on being an idol anymore. All I knew was that he was hurt, somewhere, and probably still waiting for me. There had to be a way to tell him that he didn’t deserve me, and that he had to get over being hurt…become an idol, so I left. I left for America. Because that was the only message the SM President allowed me to give to Jaebum.”

I didn’t want her stop talking, I was afraid if she stopped talking now, I would never get to hear her story again. “So what did you do, when you went to America?”, I asked.

 “I went to America, and I restarted my life. I met so many wonderful and selfless people, people hwo gave me everything they had even though I had nothing to give back”, she smiled distantly.  

“I hoped things would be okay again when I came back to Korea, just like I was. I thought I’d be able to just pick up the strands. I guess… I guess there are too manyloose ends between me and Nickhun.”
So the SM President really did have it out for her. Then, I needed to tell her. She had to know, now.

“Hanul, today, the SM President came over when you weren’t there. He…”

“I know”, she said, gripping my hand tightly, unconsciously, from anger.  I expected it. I’m going to move to Seoul tomorrow.”

“How are you going to earn money?”

She hesitated before saying, “I’m going to be a dance teacher at YG.”

Some part of my brain screamed out “YG!?, our rival?”, but the majority of my mind was just worried about her.

“Hanul..”, I said earnestly, “please don’t… disappear.”

 “I won’t stop visiting.”, she promised, her voice firm, “I won’t run away again.”

And that was enough for me.

“Let’s go back.”

“No, Nickhun’s going to need some time,” she paused.

“ Let’s go to Seoul,” she smiled, “Help me find a house!”  

 

Taecyeon’s POV

Nickhun had calmed down a little. The rest of group members were going to come in from their interviews any moment now. I stood up and gently pulled his arm, motioning for him to stand up. He responded and stood up, but he wouldn’t look up. I led him to his room, and left him there. I made him some tea and came back. He was sitting upright on the bed, his feet on the floor, his hands on his knees, and he just kept looking down. I set the tea down on his bedside table and left, closing the door behind me, leaving Nickhun in his dark room, to look down.  

 

Wooyoung’s POV

We were walking down the street, and I was thinking about Taecyeon. I had never seen him change so quickly. He had been so intense and he had seemed so much… older when he said he’d go take care of Nickhun. At that moment, I truly believed Taecyeon could protect Nickhun.

I felt tugging on my shirt, and turned around.
Hanul was absentmindedly tugging on my shirt, her whole attention was otherwise focused on some shop we were in front of. I looked at the shop. It was an ice cream store.

“Remember, remember, remember?”, she asked excitedly.

“Remember what?”, I asked, tiredly.

She turned to me, positively beaming. “You promised me ice cream when I first came here.”
I groaned. “Hanul, it’s 4 am.”

Her face instantly changed to a stern, grandmotherly, don’t-piss-me-off, look. “What does that have to do with ice cream?”

 “Sane people don’t eat ice cream at 4am in the morning!”, I said, exasperated.

“But the store’s open, isn’t it?”, she pointed out.
I walked up to the store and looked inside. Damn, it was open. I walked back to her, stoic, not looking at her.

“Fine”, she said, “I’ll just go to a bar and get drunk.”

Oh, hell no.

I grabbed her the back of her shirt and dragged her into the ice cream store.

I swear she was smiling. -.-  

 

A/N: Thank you so much, new subscribers. (:
And even more to my old subscribers.
I hope that clears things up as to why she left and her relationship with her, hellopanda23? :]
I really like Wooyoung's character, haha.
Music i listen to as I write:

(I think of as Nickhun and Hanul's song): On Rainy Days (I think it's B2st?)
I hate you (Lounge Mix) 2pm
Haru Haru Big Bang
FINALLY FINISHED CHAPTER 2! Whew. =]