Chapter 2.4~ Picking Up the Strings~ Loose Ends

The Sky Will Always Comeback [Complete] [3:56 am]

Hanul’s POV

I woke up at around 6 am, which is 2 pm American time. 2 pm… hahaha, get it? No? My brother’s group is called…? Yeah, I’m probably the only person who comes up with these things…
I looked around, a little disoriented. Jaebum was sprawled on the floor, hands crossed on his chest. Chansung was sleeping next to him, tightly hugging a stuffed bear. Junho, next to him, was hugging the table leg. I stifled a laugh.
Taecyeon and Wooyoung had fallen asleep sitting against the wall, and Taecyeon’s head was on Wooyoung’s shoulder. Junsu was cuddled up with the rug next to them.
And Nickhun was sleeping alone on the couch, looking like the Prince he was. I sighed. I had really, dearly, hoped that he would have changed into a big fat hippo in thethree three and half years I was gone. But he was still him. Gorgeous, beautiful, handsome Nickhun. Balled up, shivering, shaking Nickhun. I looked around and saw a spare blanket next to the wall. I grabbed it and dragged it across the room to the couch.

As I was walking nearer to the couch, I stepped on the end of the blanket and tripped. My arm flailed and hit the lamp standing on the cabinet next to the couch. It started to tip…. I let go of the blanket and lunged for the lamp with both hands.
Stupid, stupid, stupid. You’re supposed to think before you fall.
I crashed on top of Nickhun. I shut my eyes tightly, awaiting the impending doom.

….

…..

I peeked one eye open.
O_O
He was still sound asleep.
I looked back to the lamp in my hands. I had just barely caught it. Holding my breath, I had to use my chest to push myself off the er-, off the Nickhun, but I was able to do so without waking the Nickhun. I set the lamp down carefully, and cautiously covered the Nickhun with a blanket.
Then, I pulled on a hoodie, slipped into my shoes, and tiptoed out the door. As soon as I shut the door behind me, I let out a sigh of relief.
It was so much easier to think of him as the Nickhun. Objects don’t have emotions.

I strolled down the street, making myself focus on my current life situation.
I was not going to continue living with the rest of 2pm members, not only was everyday life bound to be awkward, but as soon as I was found out, there would scandals everywhere, and it would be hard for YG Entertainment to publicize 2pm. So that left me with only one option, I would have to find a job and leave to find my own place. 

I sighed. I had missed living with my brother. Damn it. Damn my brother for being an idol. Damn media and idol life. Damn the Entertainment Industry. It made everything pure dirty; it made any girl-boy relationship a crime, and in the eyes of the media, true love is equivalent to hardcore . the industry.

It’s why I left in the first place.


Nickhun’s POV

I slowly opened my eyes…. And let out a sigh. She was gone. I was surprised she hadn’t found me out before. My heart had been beating so frantically when she had fallen on top of me that I was sure my heartbeart would have given me away.

Given away the fact that I had been awake the whole time.

Given away the fact that I didn’t mind that she had fallen on top of me. Given away the fact that I was glad I had stopped her fall, before she had hurt herself. Completely given away the fact that if pretending to be asleep meant being able to be close to her, I could stay in that position forever.
Park Hanul. Americans are supposed to be fat. Why haven’t you turned into a big fat hippo these past three and a half years? She had gained a little weight, sure, compared to the stick figure she had when she had been an idol, but it still wasn’t near enough for her to be “fat”. She actually had curves now, and it made her figure more natural, more beautiful. Damn it, why are you still so gorgeous and so lovely?
And it isn’t even really about her physical looks. Last night, I realized that she was still the same girl I had known before she left. Three and a half years in America had not changed her gentle smile, her annoyingly loud laugh, her quiet generosity, definitely not her clumsy nature, and she still wore her heart on her sleeve, despite her trying to act charismatic and cool. She could never be cool, she was too warm.  I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again.


It wasn’t working. Her body had warmed mine, and now, in its absence, I was freezing, despite the blanket she had pulled over me. Gestures are nothing compared to raw emotion; the warmth of the blanket was nothing compared to her body heat. Just thinking about it made my heart jump.  
Can you feel my heartbeat?
 

Taecyeon’s POV
Propped up against the wall, I could see everything. At first, I stood still because I didn’t want to bother Wooyoung, but now I stood still because I was watching.
I saw her fall on top of him. I saw her cover him with a blanket. I watched her leave hastily, blushing.
I saw that she had left her phone behind, next to the couch, where it had fallen when she had tripped.
Then, I watched as Nickhun slowly opened his eyes. I saw him sigh. I saw him try to sleep again and fail. No doubt nervous about his show “We Got Married”, which started tommorow? I think not.
I think he was nervous about what just happened ten minutes ago.
I watched as he went to the bathroom with a towel; to shower.
I waited until the water was on to go and get the phone. Just to check that it was hers, I pressed the home button. It lit up, and said:

One Unread Message:

BoA: Prez wants a word with you- watch out.

What? It must be some kind of code. BoA and Hanul were best friends, after all. From what I know, girls like to do these kind of weird things like secret codes or secret handshakes. I shrugged it off and slipped the phone in my pocket. I’d give it back to her later.