Chapter 2.6~ Picking Up the Strands~ Loose Ends

The Sky Will Always Comeback [Complete] [3:56 am]

Hanul’s POV
Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God, please, please. ELEVATOR, COME ON! Yes!
The elevator doors slid open, I hurled myself into the elevator and pounded away at the “Close Doors” Button. Feeling like a gazelle being chased by a lion, I hesitantly checked to see where… he was right there! And sprinting straight for me. He was ten feet away, nine feet away, eight, seven, six; he stretched out his arm…

And the doors slid close- NO! The doors sensed his arm and opened. Damn.

I looked up into his face. He grinned lopsidedly at me; his grin reminded me of the evil smirk a lion makes right before it leaps savagely onto its prey. Instinctively, I gulped. Then I checked my watch. One min, 45 sec left before the office closed. There was no time to hesitate. Ignoring the rules of instinctive survival, I pushed him out of the way and sprinted down the same hallway from which I had just come. So no elevator, that meant I had to take the stairs… I pushed open the door at the end of the hallway and climbed the stairs, stairs, stairs… I could hear his footsteps echoing somewhere below me… Oh, Level Four!
I shoved open the door labeled LEVEL 4 and found myself in a very official looking hallway. The floor wasn’t tile like the previous hallway; instead it was thick and lush carpet.

Now what room had it- oof. 

 “Are you all right?”
Rubbing my forehead, I looked up to see a man wearing thick-framed glasses and a striped tie.
“Sir, where’s the main registration room?”, I asked hurriedly, ignoring his previous question.
The man looked slightly startled at my disheveled appearance, but he must have sensed my urgency.

“It-“, he started, but he was suddenly interrupted by a commotion in the hallway.

“HYUNG, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?”, someone called out playfully.

“MOVE IT, JI YOUNG AH!”, someone yelled back, menace clear in his voice.

“HYUNG, STOP PLAYING CIA AND YOU’RE NOT A NINJA!”
“THIS IS SERIOUS!”, was the reply.

The door flung open.
Three guesses who it was.
I groaned internally.
“T.O.P.”, the glasses man said in surprise. “What are-“

“You”, T.O.P. wheezed, out of breath, pointing his finger at me. “You. You.”

I ignored him. Twenty sec.
“Sir, please, help me, I really need to apply for the dance teacher position by today and the office is going to close in ten seconds, plea-“

“The office already is closed”, the man pointed at the door that was labeled “MAIN REGISTRATION OFFICE”. It was also labeled with a big fat CLOSED.

I could have screamed in frustration, but I settled for slapping my face with both hands. 

I could still hear T.O.P. breathing heavily behind me.
“But luckily, the head of the department hasn’t left.”, the glasses man told me.

“Oh really? Where can I find him?”, I said, trying to refrain from yelling.
“Idiot”, T.O.P. coughed behind me. I shot him a glare. He was the reason I had been so late in the first place, he had better shut up.

“Right here.”, the glasses man said. I whipped around. WHERE?
“No”, the glasses man smiled, amused. “Me, it’s me.”

“Oh”, was all I could say. I was an idiot, truly.

“Idiot”, T.O.P. repeated. I glared again, this time I jerked my chin up in defiance. Just because it was true didn’t mean he had any right to say it. Jerk.
“Go away”, I told him. And then I turned back to glasses man, “Sir, how can I apply for the dance teacher position?”

He studied me. “You really want it?”, he asked.

“Yes”, I answered, as sincerely as possible.

He blew out a puff of air. “You’re going to have to audition, then. I already sent out the applications for trainees… It’s just, I didn’t expect anyone to take the position last-minute. The sign has been up there for a while.”

“I know, but I didn’t live here until recently.”
“Where did you live?”
“America.”
His eyes widened. “Can you speak fluent English?”
“Yes.”

He hesitated, then he walked past me. My heart dropped…
Then he turned back and said,“ T.O.P., you have the key to your rehearsal room? I want to give her a shot.”

 

T.O.P.’S POV

How in the hell did I wind up here, tucked away in the corner of my own private rehearsal room, watching skid (shoe skid marks) kid (Hanul) dance?

And where in the hell did skid kid learn to dance like that?

For someone who had just clumsily run down the halls, leaving skid marks everywhere, the kid moved gracefully and powerfully; she could actually dance. It wasn’t the modern unattractive strip-dancing, just-moving-your-hips crap that most idol girls do. It was legitimate dance. In a short two minutes, she showed an elbow freeze, air anchor, a backspin, a lotus flare, a windmill, and performed an extremely complex tutting and chest popping section.

There was something old-school about her, something that made her different from the modern dance performers. She carried herself differently and it was her skill that was appealing to me, not her appeal. She had class and she definitely had confidence; my guess was that she must have been a performer before. She said she’d been in America, was that where she had performed? If so, why did she come back to Korea?

She had finished and was talking to the head of the department, who had given her the job- no surprise there-. It’d been forever since a girl dancer of her talent and her obvious practice had joined us. I watched her smile at him warmly, so different than the girl who had just danced so coolly and passionately a moment ago. She turned to leave, thanking the head gratefully.
“Hey, kid.”, I called out. I had something to straighten out with her before she left.
Face beaming, she turned to me.
I told her ,“Make sure you clean up the shoe marks before you go.”

Taecyeon’s POV

When was she coming home?

It was as if she knew I felt guilty, and was purposely prolonging the moment.
I stared at the object in my hand, broken beyond use. It was, or at least, it had been, Hanul’s phone.
How was I supposed to apologize? How was I supposed to rationally explainwhy I had her phone? Or how I knew she had gotten a text from BoA? I mean, quite honestly, I barely knew the girl. All I knew about her was that she and Nickhun had some sort of mushy relationship together. Yeah, my confessing to her that I knew about that particular aspect of her life was sure to be a great conversation starter. -.-
I sighed.  

Hanul, I thought, come home.

 

Hanul’s POV

I let out another sigh of relief. I felt like I was about to implode with joy. I let out a “Yip!” and spun in a circle to celebrate my getting a job. Getting this job meant that I could move out, and moving out meant I no longer had to deal with the pressure of being an ex-performer, an ex-girlfriend, an ex-sister, an ex-daughter, an ex-idol. I could start to live my life normally in the city of my dreams. I was free.

Today had been absolutely perfect, minus the Nickhun incident (also he had, of course, been asleep the whole time) [:3 teehee, the readers know better, Hanul], and minus the shoe marks incident with y I had met at-

I paused. Where had I met him? In fact, where exactly had I been hired?

 I turned around and walked back for a little.

My mouth dropped. No wonder the building structure had been so familiar. I’d been there before.
No. way.  Say it isn't true.

A/N:
1. This Chapter (2) is going to be really long. XD
2. I just started school. Junior year, 7 IB (or AP) classes, and several extracurricular activies so my work in the future may be delayed and rough. Forgive me.
3. Guys... is my story really that terrible? Or do you think my description scares people away? I don't have very many subscribers. XC Although, you are wonderful people so I will continue writing for you and not abandon this story.

Anyways,
THANK YOU FOR READING! I hope the story so far provides a bit of relief and laughter in your day. <3

Oh, I'm kind-of curious as to who's your favorite character? Or what you want to know about first (As in, Hanul's past w/ Nickhun, Hanul's past with the Kpop Industry, Hanul's friendship with BoA, or introduce a new character cause I have a couple)? Let me know if you want! And thanks for any input, your comments and ideas are so precious to me.  And do you think the main character is a little too generic so far (mysterious past, seems too optimistic and good at everything)? I tried making her not as skinny as she could be and she's not as gorgeous as other idols. She's not that strong mentally (she ran away from being an idol) and she tends to hold grudges against ideas rather than people...  plus she's a klutz and can't be charismatic or ually appealing unless she resorts to make-up and stuff. XP Yeah. Thanks, really, if you read this long A/N! Wish me luck for school! XD Love this story, please! ^^