Chapter 23: Hopeless

Tragic Love

HYO JIN'S POV:
We arrived in the hospital. She just got out from the hospital, and now we're here again.

She was rushed to the ICU. Even though she's just my frend, you got that feeling where your friend is like your sister too.

"She will be okay right?" I asked everyone.

"She will. I promise." Chanyeol answered and hugged me.

"You got that feeling to right oppa?" I asked my brother.

"Yeah.. When your friend is like your siblings right?" He smiled.

"Yeah.. I just can't see her like this.." A tear slipped out of my eye. Everytime I wiped it, It will reapeare.

Then the doctor came out from the ICU.

"are you Ji Hyeon's siblings?" The doctor asked.

"Um to be specific we are her closes friends." I said.

"Okay, please come with me."

We followed him to a meeting room.

"Please take your seats."

We all take our sits and waited for him to speak.

"Um.. where should I start? Well she got a rare desease called the  'Lemericticate'  desease." He then turned off the light and turned the projector on.

There was a picture of a cell that is contaminated by the this 'unknown' thing.

"this desease usually occures when their parents also have this desease or you can call it as a genetic desease." The doctor explained.

"Well can it be cured?" Kai asked curiosly.

The room is getting intense. The doctor was really silent when he asked that.

"Well can it?!" Kai shouted.

"Kai calm down! The doctor is trying to think of a way." Chanyeol said.

"Well... she needs to be more relaxed and she needs to eat in a healthy way or not she coud die. That is my solution for her."

"Can we visit her?" I asked.

"You can visit her but please do not make her excited."

We went to the room. I cried a lot. I can’t help the tears flowing. Chanyeol and Kai helped me by encouraging me and telling me that it will be okay. But i know is not okay.

 We are now infront of her room.

“s-should we tell her about the desease?” I asked.

“We better tell..” Kai said.

“Ji Hyeon?” I opened the door.

“Hyo Jin-ah..” She smiled. Even though she’s sick, she can still smile towards people. Her smile is angelic.

I walk towards her. I cried even more. I just can’t.

I sat beside her. Holding her hand while crying.

“Ji Hyeon-ah.. Y-You have a rare desease.. called.. called..” I cried even harder.

She giggled. “Lemericticate desease right?”

I looked into her eyes. “How did you know?”

“My.. my mom and dad died because of that desease.” She smiled. She was trying to hold her tears.

Kai walked towards us.

“Y-you know that this will happened? How? When? Why??” He cried.

“There is no medicine to cure this desease.. Its a genetic desease.” Chanyeol said.

“really? You could only relax and eat healthy foods to reduce the risk of dying right?” Ji Hyeon asked.

“Yeah.. We can’t do anything to help you. But you could help yourself to reduce the risk of dying.” Chanyeol said.

She smiled while her tears are flowing. “T-thank you for helping me through all of this s. I owe you guys a lot. You guys are like my family. My only family. Thank you guys. Maybe today is our last day talking to each other like this. How I hope this will last forever, don’t you think so?” She laughed.

“I am really happy for you guys. Especially you Hyo Jin. You should try to keep doing this thing of yours okay?”

I nodded and cired even harder.

“Chanyeol... take a good care of your sister.. she’s everything to you and everyone else.”

Chanyeol smiled while holding up his tears.

“You are like my second young sister already JI Hyeon.. take a good care of yourself too okay?”

She smiled. “of course.”

Then she looked up to Kai.

“And you Kai.. Maybe you should say sorry to Seo Bun? Or find a new lover.”

“Chanyeol, lets give them some privacy.” I said

We then walked out of the room.

(Back to the story)

“I-I can’t Ji Hyeon.. You... You are my everything okay? I can’t leave you! If you die, then I’ll die! Just please JI Hyeon, Don’t do this to me.. I liked you since the first day we met. You’re my first love. I know I just confessed to you, but please.. Just fight for it okay?”

Ji Hyeon was speechless.

I smiled.

“Why are you smiling? Its not funny okay.” He said sarcasticly.

“Its nice to know that the person that I like actually likes me back.”

“Please Ji Hyeon... Don’t leave me alone.” He cried. 

She held his hand tightly.

“Look. If I can’t survive, find another girl that you’ll love forever. I know its hard but what can you do?” Ji Hyeon smiled. A tear dropped.

“No! If you die, I’ll die! No! This can’t happen!” He was fierce.

The door was then opened.

“Mr. Kim, can you please get out of this room? Because we are gonna have a surgery.” The nurse said.

Ji Hyeon then smiled. She mouthed go.

After some hours of waiting they headed home.

Hyo Jin is trying to comfort Kai. He can’t stop crying. Kai couldn’t believe that the tragedy will strike this fast.

They then walked home safely.

“I’ll bring you guys some water.” Hyo Jin said.

“I just can’t believe that she is dying.. She could’ve just told us about it. We could’ve prepared something.” Kai said.

“I know, and I can’t stand the fact that our friends are all-“ Chanyeol couldn’t finish his sentence because he heard a glass fell.

He ran to the kitchen and saw 2 glass was broken into pieces.

Hyo Jin is crying.

“Hyo Jin-ah! What happened?!” Chanyeol pulled her away from the place where the glass are broken.

“The doctor called me and said that...... Ji Hyeon couldn’t make it alive.

A/N: HELLO GUYS! HOW ARE YOU GUYS????? SOOO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED FOR A VERY LONGGGGG TIMEE! I PROMISE I'LL UPDATE MORE! AND DONT FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE!! PEACE!