The Past

The Greatest Emotion

Sooyoung and Seohyun silently walk to the nurses office together. The coach insisted on having Seohyun check for any injuries, exspecially since the way Luhan caught her and protected her from getting hit at with the ball. After the whole incident, The girls undoubtly were announced the winners and the guys had to do all the 50 push-ups promised. However, For Tao he was promised 60 push-ups since that whole incident just played out. You could call Sooyoung crazy, but she had a real gut feeling that Tao wasn't the only mastermind behind the event that just occured at gym. And if the mastermind who she undeniably believed was Kris, Why would he do such a thing? Why would he want to hurt Seohyun?

As Sooyoung deeply thinks of different reasons as to why Kris might have such a dislike to the maknae, Seohyun smiles lightly at the thought of Luhan. The way he acted wasn't something that you usually saw come from a guy like him. Potraying such a bad boy without a care in the world who surprisingly rescues a nerd from getting hit at with a volleyball, didn't sound like it fit together. Although it wasn't a perfect moment they shared together, it was a very memorable one. Seohyun had to admit that deep down inside she felt touched by his actions. But this feeling of uneasiness in the pit of her stomach grew whenever he was around or the thought of him in her head. (Yes, Seohyun does imagine Luhan from time to tim when she's not memerizing math equations) Luhan had made this impression on her, this impact that no other person ever did. It was love.

Unkowingly the whole time Seohyun is in her thoughts as well, Sooyoung watches intently trying to get anything from what she could be thinking of. Nothing comes up other than of course Im Luhan. Sooyoung stops in her tracks and grabs Seohyun by the arm to stop her too. "I was right. Your falling for Luhan" Sooyoung states staring at Seohyun intently. Seohyun trys to hide her blushing by looking down, "You never said that, and n- "Don't lie to me Joohyun. Am I right or wrong about you having a liking for Luhan? And don't lie to me" Sooyoung demands. Surprised by the serious tone the skinnier one has, Seohyun no longer hides the truth. It was a waste trying to deny the undeniable. "Yes. I do have some feelings for Luhan" Seohyun agrees. As soon as the taller girl smiles and is about to , "But I can't. Atleast not right now" Seohyun states.

Sooyoung looks at Seohyun in confusion. "What do you mean? Why not?" Seohyun sighs before answering. She slowly continues walking to the assighned destination and Sooyoung follows up. "Well first, I'm not completly sure about my feelings. Second, I have no clue about boys. And third, other than studying my off to keep a high GPA, I have all this other stuff like family to look after and keep me busy. Not to mention that Luhan and I are way different to even be in such a relationship. I doubt he even likes me the way I see him." "That's not true. Have you seen the way he acts around you and that whole stunt he pulled back there in gym. That's definantly something, Seohyun. Plus, who cares about how different you two are. Love is love" Sooyoung says hands on heart in a cute pose. "I never said that I loved him, Just that I have some sort of feeling for him" Seohyun restates.

"Whatever, it's the same thing. It's kind of like my relationship with K.Will, Were two different people but still in love" Sooyoung states happily. "Please don't bring your fangirling into this, Sooyoung." Seohyun says rolling her eyes. "Hey, its a true story. We are in love." Sooyoung states causing Seohyun to keep rolling her eyes and speed walking ahead. From the corner of the hallway, Kris had heard and listened in on Seohyun's confession. His thoughts about her were true, the thoughts that he hated to know were right. He spots the two girls bicker over K.Will while entering the office and closing the door behind them. Kris walks donw the hall in a strut, this reason for not to be seen since he was cutting and due to the fact that he had other places to be and other people to see.

When you look at Kris the first thought you would get is a handsome devil who doesn't do any good for no-one and nothing. His father thought the same thing of him and his mother. That's why he left them. At such a young age, he didn't have a father figure in his life any longer. You would think due to the leaving of his father, that his mother would be more caring, more into his life then anything else. Wrong. A short while after Kris's dad left, His mother began to drink the pain and all the sadness away. All the misery was washed away with the taste of alchohol. Money became short, and something had to give. This meant that Kris had to do things that not even he was proud of. With no help from the family since they all aboned him and his mother due to his mom's problems, he was struggling to support for the two of them. Life was hard, and had bad twists and turns that only seemed unreal.

It was so odd that Kris was even still in school. How did he make-up time to come to school when he had the weight of paying the bills and getting money to stay stable all on his shoulders. Simple. Enough was enough one day and he had to do what he had to do to stay alive. Coming home from school one day and seeing his own mother sprangled out on the floor with a needled injected in her arm was the last straw. She needed help, and he needed a home. His mother was sent off to a home to get help and Kris was moved into a boys home. Later on, Kris joined a program to help him pay for his own home and maintain on his own. This was a success, however, being alone all the time with no family to be around was felt as a waste.

He had a nice aparment and no-one to share it with. Kris never did turn to drugs becuase it always represented his mother. And he never wanted to be like his mother. One night while looking at his window, he saw a family of 4 happily walking down the street immersed in a conversation. One of them looked vaguely familiar. Yes, It was the girl in his math class. Seohyun. In school she wasn't noticed by so quickly due to the uniform and how quiet she was. But this time, he got a good look of her. How her perfect tall slim figure was just right and he long dark brown wavy hair matched her round eyes. She was flawless and didn't even know it. The next day at school he tried getting her attention but never succeeded since she payed no mind and no attention on his presence. Even a smart girl like him payed him no mind. Everyone believed that guys like him were bad. All that would come out of him is pain and suffering. No one whould want to be around him, be with him. Who else really would? Kris was known as a bad guy with a bad image. And yes, behind that poker face was a long line of sadness and pain he had to suffer. No-one knows of the deep past except for his friends Tao,Kai,Luhan, and Sehun. Kris believed he had no-one to prove too. This belief wasn't going away for anything.

Once school is over, Seohyun says her goodbyes to Sooyoung since she goes home the oppisite way and silently walks home. From behind Luhan rushes up and catches up to her pace. "You know, you don't have to walk me home today." She says clenching her bag and slightly focusin on the floor. "You don't want me too?" He asks looking at her. "Nooo. I-It's not that, It's just- "It's cool. I understand" Luhan says easing her down and letting her release a sigh. "It really means alot to me about what you did back there in gym. Thank's again" She says finally looking at him since its sincere. "Your welcome. I hope next time we won't have to be in such an odd situation like that" Luhan says causing her to laugh and him to slightly chuckle. "Maybe next time, you can save my life" He says. Seohyun lightly knudges him on the shoulder playfully. "I'm not a life saver. But I can try" She says. "That's good enough for me" He responds gazing at her. She blushes at his stare and looks away in which he notices.

As they walk in the snow huddled in their scarfs and jacket, the only sound heard is their feet stepping on the snow and the wind noises that pass by them. "So I heard about your father's new buisness that he is opening. That must be good for you both" Seohyun says. "I guess" he replies. She sends him a look in which he goes into responding. "I am happy for my father and how good his buisness is but me and him don't share that much with each other. Were not exactly on best terms of a relationship right now." He says. "May I ask why?" Seohyun responds. "Well he divorced my mom for some tramp who just wants money and is waiting for his death to come, and my mom is so heartbroken over the divorce that everytime we spend time together it's spent with her crying on my shoulder and asking herself and me what did she do to deserve this. So yeah, my family isn't so great" Luhan says. "Sorry for the bad events" Seohyun excuses. "It's fine. Surprisingly, I expected something like this to happen. There really is no such thing as an happy ending" Luhan states.

Seohyun's eyes widen. "C'mon, happy endings do exist. You might not see it now but they come about eventually" Seohyun states happily. "Have you witnessed a happy ending yet?" He asks eyebrows raised. "Not yet but I think it will happen soon. Anything is really possible to happen." Seohyun states. Luhan concentrates on her words and takes them in. Would he too finally witness an happy ending for himself? "Let's hope that something good comes for you soon" She says with a smile that ceases to make his heart almost jump out of his chest. Seohyun steps forward and slips on the ice until suddenly Luhan grabs her, holding her by the waist prevernting her from falling. In this position he looks at her eyes first and then again drifts down to her lips. "You really are a life saver" She mutters. He gently smiles and lifts her back up on her feet again. The rest of the walk home is left with them talking about how clumsy she can be.

 

*Authors Note*

Update! So in this chapter I wanted to show you all Kris's back ground and a little something to show as to why Kris is the way he is and what he had struggled through. I knew that many of you were confused as to why Kris has this dislike for Seohyun so I sort of revealed that too. Please comment and let me know what you think down below. I'll be updating soon. Stay tuned.