Highlight of the Night

The Greatest Emotion

(Soo I had wrote this chapter in advance so it's supposed to be a friday here! Yesterday was a Thursday soo just take the mall scene in the last scene as an afterschool thing that happened. I'm genuinely Sorry for the confusion, Enjoy)

I slam my locker shut after taking out my chemistry book and notebook for the upcoming 6th period. Surprisingly once I close it shut, behind it is a smirking Luhan which causes me to jump back out of surprise and drop my books. I hold my hand to my chest trying to calm myself back down. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you that much, Seohyun." He says bending down to retrieve the books. "It's fine. Just please don't do that again" I say getting down as well to pick up one of the books thats farther from his reach. We both reach at the same time and I slightly touch his hand which he catches on too. I pull my hand back in which he smiles and helps me back up with the books in his grasp. "Thank you" I say taking back my books. He shoves his hands in his ripped jeans pockets and clears his throat. "Well I wanted to know if your still coming to the party, To just make sure and everything" He says.

To be honest, Seohyun wasn't really sure if she had wanted to go. As said before, This girl was not the party type. It just wasn't in her blood. No matter what occasion or what type of party it was, it just wasn't for her. Seohyun and partys did not match or go well. This can be found surprising to some since Seohyun has attended many party's. Mostly becuase of Sooyoung dragging her along or surprisingly going to one randomly. All out of all, She would just not enjoy herself and wast others and her own time. Now, what was the proper way to reject his offer?

With one arm now slung over me and an excited tone, Sooyoung cuts me off when answering "Of course she's going to be there. I hope you have a fun party planned." Seohyun mentally facepalms herself. Not ever has she been able to decline the oppurtunity to a party without being cut off or just not having the chance. "Alright. I'll see you two later tonight then. See you later, Seohyun" He says before walking off. Sooyoung excitedly eyes him out as he leaves and then looks back at Seohyun who is leaning on her locker arms across her chest with an upset expression. "What? What did I do now?" Sooyoung asks releasing a sigh.

"Why are you always doing this to me? You know that I don't enjoy going to partys, and still manage a way to get me into them. And don't even think of using the whole 'but-he-likes-you' speech on me!" Seohyun responds upset. "But it's so true. Did you notice how he only mentioned your name when walking off. He's totally into you and all the sighns are right there" Sooyoung complains. Seohyun begins to walk down the hall and Sooyoung rushes to catch up. "Plus, I do this becuase of care. Think of it as me expanding your circle to meet new friends" She says finally catching up to her when Seohyun stops infront of the assighned room. "You care? You force me to go to random partys filled with random people that have nothing in common with me. Your really helping so much" Seohyun replies sarcastically. "Look, We can go and if it gets boring within the first 5 minutes then we will leave. Deal?" Sooyoung asks handing out her pinky. 5 minutes? Even that time limit as a party is pretty low for Sooyoung to negotiate with. This told how honest and kind Sooyoung really was being. With a light hearted smile, Seohyun eventually gives in and wraps her pink with the older girl. "Deal"

Kai throws a paper ball at Sehun who is busy writing down the notes on the board ahead. On the other side of the room Tao is busy doodling on the desk while silently muching on his favorite bag of chips. "Kai, Your going to be throwing ball during detention if you don't stop that right now" The teacher yells from the front of the room. Sehun giggles at the scolding while Kai obeys and stays to himself. Sehun slightly knudges Luhan who is sitting next to him daydreaming in hiw own world. "Did you invite Seohyun-noona to the the party?" Sehun asks with a grin plastered on his sincere face. "I invite alot of people to my party, It's nothing big like that" Luhan asnswer. Sehun kudges him again, "You know what I mean fool." Luhan looks at him annoyed but nods yes that he had done what was asked. "So, are you going to make your move on her tonight?" Sehun asks much interested in the older guys life. "Ehh, What's with all the questions? Shouldn't you be busy learning how to count your abc's or something?' Luhan says in a mocking tone.

"Yahh, I'm not a baby. Just becuase I'm younger than more people here doesnt mean I'm a baby. However, I must be a cute baby, righr?" Sehun asks holding his face in his hands posing innocently. "You make me want to throw-up" Luhan responds. "Well, Seohyun-noona thinks I'm cute" Sehun mutters loud enough for Luhan to here. Luhan smacks him on the arm and the boy winces in pain as he rubs the smacked arm. "I'm going to tell Seohyun that your abusing me" Sehun threatens. Kai overhears and joins in on the teasing, "Yeah, She's going to be so mad at you and never talk to you again." "Shut it you two" Luhan states shifting over and looking away from the other two. The bell rings signaling lunch and all the students make their way to the lunchroom. Seohyun strolls along with Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Taeyeon.

The four girls take a seat at a empty table and begin converstaing over how cold it's been getting the past couple of weeks. After a quick laughter spreads, Hyoyeon spots a glance at Luhan who is lookign over at their table. "Ohh, are you girls going to Luhan's party tonight? Many people are heard to be going" Hyoyeon says excitedly. "Of coure many people would go, It's Luhan were talking about. The rich hot dangerous bad boy that every girl can only imagine in their dreams" Taeyeon says hand under chin. "I wish other people would understand how good his partys are" Sooyoung says obviously referring to Seohyun. In response, Seohyun rolls her eyes. "Have you girls heard the rumors about him?" Hyoyeon asks. "What rumors?" Seohyun asks as a reponse for everyone at the table. "Well supposedly one of the teachers were bragging to the principal about how good he's been doing in class. Schoolwork assighnements, homework, projects, even exams he's made up for and passed with a passing grade. Wow" Hyoyeon says causing the others to be in shock. "Wow it's a actually a good type of rumor. A bad boy gone good, now that's sweet" Taeyeon says. "Where did you hear this?" Seohyun asks. "A while ago. I guess it didn't spread as much since not many people believe it, but hey anything is worth sharing." Hyoyeon responds sipping her bottle of water.

Maybe Hyoyeon was right, these were just rumors falsely accused of and not accurate. Luhan being capable of doing that much work seems almost impossible. But why when Soehyun heard about it, all she could do was have faith in him. Be proud of him if it was true and wish to help him improve in a positive way. A feeling of proudness overcome her and she didn't know why and where it had suddnely come from. It felt good, really good. Sooyoung lightly pokes Seohyun getting her attention. "You must have a power over people to cause an impact like that" Sooyougn whispers. What? Had Sooyoung honestly believed that Seohyun was the reason to Luhan's good improvement. No, It couldn't be. Seohyun wasn't capable of that, atleast not to her knowledge.

School ends and most of the students hurry home to get dressed and ready for tonights party. Luhan's partys are BIG. And when I say big I mean Big. 3/4 of the school's students come to his partys since they make the highlight of the night. Being rich and having time to create such events makes a good impact on others people view of you. Popularity and a bad boy image makes him that much more interesting. However, No one ever gets to unveil too much about him. Atleast no one yet. As Luhan has his people begin to set up the house for the much awaited night, across the park in her bedroom, two girls struggle to agree on going.

Sooyoung adjusts her earrings while looking in the mirror as Seohyun sits on her bed waiting for the tall one to finish up. "Oooh a Keroro marathon is on tonight, Wanna watch it?" Seohyun says excitedly tightly hugging on to her pillow. As Sooyoung applys eyeliner she states, "No, were not doing this again Seohyun. Were not ditching another party to watch the same old episodes of that show that comes on like every other day." Seohyun sighs and falls back on her bed. Once done with the make-up and finished with any little touch ups Sooyoung turns around and looks at the maknae. "Hey, I just finally got your parents to agree to letting me take you out somewhere this late so were not going to waste this oppurtuinty. Now get up and lets go!" Sooyoung rushes the girl. When Sooyoung realizes that Seohyun doesn't budge a move she pulls the other one by the arm and yanks her off the bed which leaves Seohyun to evedentlly get up and go as told.

Infront of the house is already filled with teens dancing to the music that blasts loudly from inside. Finding the door to go inside was hard enough from being crowded with all these teens. When Seohyun and Sooyoung finally manage to get inside the place still crowded with teens looks actually pretty good. With neat and good-looking decor, this house is actually not so bad looking. "How does his father alow him to have such huge partys when it looks so good to be ruined?" I have to yell to Sooyoung in order for her to here. "It's simple. Luhan just doesn't tell" Soyooung says holding my hand as we make our way through the house. She soon leads us to the kitchen where snacks and good looking food is served. "I was getting hungry, Try some. Everything here is always fresh and tastes like heaven" Sooyoung says picking at various foods. I take a bite of one of the sandwhiches in my reach and Sooyoung was right, it tasted like something I never had before. Something better than the usual. Maybe it was the mayonaise or something? As I try to figure out what it is, Sooyoung knudges me to look ahead where Luhan is about to aprroach me. She quickly wipes my mouth and fixes my hair without my own will for her to do so.

"Hey, I'm glad you could make it. How is it going so far?" He asks happy by her precense. "Yeah, it's crowded but seems like everybody is having a good time. How are you enjoying your own party?" She asks back putting down the sandwhich in her hands. "It's fine I guess. I actually want to show you something" He states. Luhan calls over to a pretending not to listen Sooyoung and asks, "Do you mind if I steal her for a second?" Sooyoung looks at seohyun which I send her a whatever look and responds, "Bring her back the same way she is now." He smiles and nods as he grabs her hand and leads Seohyun upstairs. Somehow when he was making his way through the crowd it was way easier and simpler. Like automatically when he was wround people would back away. I guess he just had that effect on people.

Upstairs he then leads me to a room down the hall and when pushing the door open it creeks open. Walking into the dark room and then flicking the light up the room reveals countless bookshelves and stacks and piles/mounts of books. "My father had this book collection thing he never really go evere. Thought you might look to see it" He says walking in. Although my eyes widen my mind isn't to surprised by this. Luhan seems unpredictable so I expect surprises to come from him. "It's like your own library located in your home" I mutter out. "Yeah, It's interesting to know just how many written stories and tales we keep in these things" Luhan sates holding one book. "It's like keeping an amzing thought or memory to remember forever" Seohyun responds focused on how many cool books there are. "You can take some home if you like, My father wouldn't mind." Seohyun looks at him in amazement and begins to giggle.

"This is something very different that happens to me at a party? Do you show and do stuff like this to all your guest?" She asks browsing throught one shelf. "Not really. Only the really important and special ones" He answers. Her fingers stop searching for a book at the sound of his words. Had Luhan thought she was important? Moreover, special? She looks to him and he slowly approaches her. "Your different than the others, Seohyun. You have this effect on me and I can't cure it" He confesses. His eyes locked on mine and a small space between us that can easily be closed with him making a move causes Seohyun to become nervous. "L-Luhan" Seohyun stutters nervously. The door abruptly opens revealing an annoyed and upset looking Sooyoung. "Oh my god, I'm sor sorry but Seohyun needs to go now" Sooyoung exscuses as she drags me out the room and out of that house. Luhan watches as my figure drifts off and mixes with the crowd of teens.

*Authors Note*

Updated! Soo I had wrote thic chapter before I made my other chapter which is sort of odd but I did it anyways. Sorry fot the error and I'll try my hardest to not confuse you readers again. Anyways, Comment Comment and Comment!!!! I look forward to your thoughts. Stay tuned for the next chapater