Meeting

The Greatest Emotion

In the Kwon household, everything was quiet. Everyone was very much quiet. After last night's unexpected visit from Ms.Kwon, the tension has been very tense in the atmosphere taking place in the house. It was around noon when all three ladies had gathered in the living room due to Seohyun calling them down there. Clearing , Seohyun begins "Umma, eonnie, I know that my actions of visiting Donghae was not at all right or fair to the both of you and I apologize." The mother smiles lightly at her daughter, whereas Yuri stays with the same blank and expressionless face. "To make things right, I have taken it upon myself to do the smart and right thing. I know that after meeting that women, it made you think about who this 'Donghae' was really like. I believe the only way to clear your minds from all the thoughts you have on this matter is to actually meet him. Therefore, Donghae will arrive here at 2pm and you all can get to know one another a little bit."

Yuri's mouth opens in shock surprised by what she was actually just hearing. The mother shocked as well doesn't say anything at first but then evidently releases her thoughts. "You can't just invite people over like that without my permission. However, I do see where you are coming from. It's all my fault for avoiding this subject only leading you to get more curious. I will meet this Donghae, and hopefully you can stop pulling such stunts like this, okay?" Umma asks for assurance. Seohyun nods instantly proud that her mother was willing to meet him. Looking over to her sister, Yuri crosses her arms not proud of Seohyun's actions, again. "It's not right what you are doing, she only feels guilty and that's why she will meet him. If he or his family ruins us, you are the one to blame. Remember that." Yuri states before storming off to her room. All of this news must have been too much for her to handle, Seohyun now fully understood that.

Stepping out of the cool shower, she goes to her room and quickly dresses up. Putting on the most noticeable jewelry and glossy lip gloss, Sooyoung takes one last glance in the mirror before hurrying out her house with a wide smile. Sooyoung had texted Kris to meet her at the cafe and thankfully he said he would come. After last night when the two had shared a kiss, Sooyoung couldn't stop thinking about it, upmost refused to forget it. They actually kissed. They shared something and it felt really special for her. It wasn't the way she had imagined them sharing something like that, but hey, anything could happen. The good thing was that it actually happened, and that it was with Kris. Hopefully he felt the same way about the whole thing.

Walking down the sunny streets, the warm air greets her nicely and a nice breeze passes by. The day just seemed a little better, the world seemed to be a little brighter. Her day was going smoothly and yet it hasn't even really begun. Turning the corner and heading into the cafe she texted Kris to meet at, Sooyoung enters and takes a seat at one of the free and empty booths. Not too long, Kris soon comes strolling inside the cafe with a blank look. He looks around before spotting Sooyoung and walking over to take a seat at the same booth as her. "Hey there, are you hungry or thirsty?" Sooyoung begins to ask. "I'm fine. Not to be rude or anything but why exactly did you call me out here for?" He asks back. She chuckles with an innocent act, "Can't we just hang out like we've been doing for the past couple of weeks? I thought you enjoyed being my company" "I do like hanging out with you, Sooyoung. Just what do you want from me right now?" He asks with a hint of annoyance in his voice. Sooyoung's once cute attitude fades knowing what will happen next.

The doorbell rings alarming the household that their guest has finally arrived. Yuri sends Seohyun one last glare as she sits patiently with her mother in the living room. Seohyun heads to the door and opens it seeing Donghae with his headphones plugged into his ears. He takes them out and smiles when he sees that Seohyun has opened the door. "Hey, I'm glad you could make it" Seohyun greets taking him into a warm embrace. He hugs her gladly before being invited into the house. "When my mom insisted on me coming over I sort of knew that I couldn't turn the opportunity down. Where are they any ways?" He asks stuffing his hands in his pockets nervously looking around. The nicely neat home was different from Donghae's knowledge. Picture frames hanged on the walls of memories shared with Mr.Kwon.

"Before you meet them, I think you should know that they are still a little awry of meeting you. It's an odd situation for both of them and maybe even you." Seohyun explains. "Yeah, I get it." Donghae agrees. Seohyun smiles before lightly patting him on the shoulder. "Everything will be okay. I promise" Donghae smiles in return, "Your first promise to me. Let's see how it turns out." The two teenage siblings enter the living room meeting with the other family member. Donghae bows politely towards the mother and gives a brief handshake to Yuri. "It's nice to meet you, Donghae. Seohyun speaks very kindly of you." The mother responds. "You look just like him" Yuri mutters out loud enough for everyone to hear. "My mother always tell me that" Donghae admits. Seohyun watches as her parents and brother engross in a conversation feeling proud at the moment being shared amongst them all.

Not too far from the bonding family was another household facing difficulties in their own way. The Kim house was quiet, it had been and stayed like this for years yet this time the silence was almost deadly. Countless arguments between the master and his son had been held here, and now they were at it again. Luhan enters his father’s work room without even knocking. His father was always found here, every single other day when he wasn't out busy with running errands. Mr.Kim looks up and sees his son marked up face from his previous fight the other night, and releases a sigh. "What was it about this time?" Mr.Kim asks as he continues writing on a piece of paper. "I'm not here for your scolding. It was nothing. I'm here to stand my ground. Just listen to me for once, and actually pay attention to what I'm saying." Luhan demands. The pen that Mr.Kim has in his hand stops moving and is put down slowly. Looking up, Mr.Kim say's "You have my full attention. Go".

"You are right, Father. I never wanted to take part in this business you have running perfectly fine. You never pushed me hard enough to join or even try to do half of the things you did and mom never really talked about your work or acknowledged it. I thought nothing of it until I began to attend some of the celebrations you held and people asked me about you and your job. I couldn't answer them since I didn't even really know myself what you did for a living. Sure, I knew that you help supply and create weapons for military use. I know that you help manage and create companies to sell these products, but that is it. I know nothing more. Some of your workers have told me about the high importance of your work yet I can't see it that way since you never want me to learn about it. Well, I choose to learn about this and whether you like it or not I will one day have to take your place and do this. I'm choosing to help, Father. Just please, let me in." Luhan states confidently. Mr.Kim gets up from his seat and walks over to his son. Embracing him in a warm hug, he whispers "I wish to see a better life for you, enjoying college. I don't want you to just take my place, I wish for you to create a life for your own to do. But if this is what you wish, I guess I can no longer push you away. Forgive me, Luhan?" Luhan only hugs him tighter in response.

Sooyoung sips on her cold soda and glares at Kris. "So it was nothing to you, right? It meant nothing to you?" She asks upset. "What? What are you talking about?" Kris asks eating a fry and looking confused as they both were just silently eating only a few minutes ago. "We kissed!" Sooyoung says loudly. Kris chokes on his fry as she says it loudly. Sooyoung continues to glare at him while sipping on her drink as he gets a napkin and wipes his mouth. "I know that we kissed, Sooyoung." He says a little quieter. "Your thoughts on it? Matter of fact, skip that. Tell me where we stand right now" She demands. "Sooyoung, it was just a kiss. That is all that happened. You were drunk and we were just having some fun. That's all that happened, let's not dwell on it." He explains. "So you have no feelings at all for me?" She asks with a sense of hurt in her tone. "I care for you, Sooyoung. You must know that." Kris confesses. "I can't believe this. You know what, it's not even your fault. I was the stupid fool who actually believed that something could be real, actually real between us but I guess Kris sticks to his cold icy player image. Congratulations, Enjoy kissing another girl and breaking her heart" Sooyoung states angrily leaving the booth and storming out of the cafe.

Light laughter is heard inside the household. The four Kwon family members laugh and chuckle over some story Donghae told about his childhood. "Donghae, Your mother, has she always been so cautious like that time?" Mrs.Kwon asks still laughing. "Still till this day. Some things never change" He admits. "Your life it seems good, but your mother. She doesn't seem so happy ya know when we met her" Yuri says. The laughter soon dies down until it is silent again. "Well around the time that your father stopped visiting us, she fell into a deep depression and since I was just a kid and didn't understand much of what was going on, nobody was there or able to help her get back up again. I didn't know how to make her feel better and with time as I got older, I just had to promise to be there for her. Despite the trouble that I caused or got into, I have to be there for my mom in the end." Donghae explains seriously.

"What kind of trouble did you used to get into?" Seohyun asks the question that is on everyone's mind. "Well I was into art and I eventually started putting my art on buildings and other place. Graffiti became a thing for me until I was caught which led me to stop. I've robbed and stolen things, and have been in a couple of fights. I'm not proud of it all, and neither is my mom. I know that it's not good to do these things, for my mom, for her, I'm dropping all these bad habits. It's for the better, I think. Right?" Donghae explains and asks. Yuri nods deeply immersed in the conversation being held. Before the conversation can go on, his phone begins to ring and he excuses himself. Later on after the phone call it is revealed that he must return home before night falls, bowing and hugging the family members he soon makes his leave. Despite few doubts, overall the meeting went successfully well.

Back in the Kim house, Luhan and his father have a discussion, something rarely shared between the two. "I hadn't realized just how much I was pushing you away. Your mother wasn't a fan of the idea of you working for me or being under my care. I guess I just tried to please her and be the better father figure that I knew of." He explains. "Don't worry about mom, I'm sure she will understand." Luhan claims. "You know, Instead of worrying over this shouldn't you be focused on something that is coming in a couple of more days." Mr.Kim suggest. "What do you mean?" Luhan confusedly asks. "Luhan, Your birthday is coming up. You'll be turning 18 and you know that the coming of age birthdays are most important. Now, your mother would be upset if you don't start getting prepared for this one." Mr.Kim states. "Birthday parties aren't my thing." Luhan claims. His father chuckles patting him on the back. "Explain that to your mother and then tell me that again." Both Kim men chuckle.

*Authors Note*

HEELLLOOOOO! lol I got your attention, right? Well please do subscribe and upvote this story if you could, show the love people. As I mentioned in the last chapter, I have already set up my next couple of chapters which will lead up to the finale. So yes, this story's ending will be revealed soon. Please share your thoughts and leave your comments down below. I'll update soon. Bye :)