I'll Wait For You

The Greatest Emotion

"That's a perfect idea! I love it, seriously brilliant" One of the students say as he jots down an idea for the awaited and upcoming prom. The school year was coming to an end, and the fellow seniors had graduation, prom, and senior trips coming up. A group of students had joined the committee to help out with all these upcoming events for something fun to do and most likely getting extra credit for their grade. One of the many students that had joined was Sooyoung. She was always the one to help out with stuff like this, and she didn't mind meeting new people that might even be attractive to her. This was a good opportunity to relieve some stress and get you mind off of things. This opportunity was perfect for someone.

"No" Seohyun answers continuing to read her book. "C'mon, it’s going to be so much fun." Sooyoung exclaims happily. The library clerk comes around from the other side of the bookshelf and shh's Sooyoung. Sooyoung nods in understanding before adverting her gaze back at her friend. "I'm already busy with studying and helping my mom get back to being stable, I don't have time for that, Sooyoung." Seohyun explains. "This group helps you get extra credit on your grades, This is something that will help you" Sooyoung concludes in a persuasive tone. The Liberian comes around again and shh's Sooyoung once again. Sooyoung just glares at her before returning back to her friend.

The library was very silent and Seohyun and Sooyoung's conversation was the only one heard. "I can't Sooyoung. I just can't". Seohyun firmly answers turning to the next page of her book. "What's it going to take for you to join?" Sooyoung asks feeling defeated. Seohyun doesn't utter a word but instead continues reading. "If you don't join with me then I won't stop talking very loudly" Sooyoung says with an extra loud voice. "What? Sooyoung, stop it" Seohyun commands. "I can't hear you" Sooyoung says loudly. People look up from whatever they are doing at the two girls, and the Liberian starts making her way towards them. "Fine, just shut up" Seohyun says giving in. Sooyoung smiles brightly feeling satisfied.

The box drops to the floor. Luhan dusts off his hands and continues to tape it up successfully. It was some of the few things that Yoona had or even wore while she stayed here with him. He needed to remove and get rid of any of the things that reminded him of her. This was part of the slow recovery he had to face in order to move on from her, move on from the past. Luhan successfully tapes the box and proceeds to head downstairs to put it away. As he comes down the doorbell rings loudly. Luhan puts the box down behind the door and turns the door knob, opening it swiftly. Tao and Kai stand there awkwardly. “You called us here, what’s the emergency?” Kai asks with an uneasy tone. Luhan invites the two guys in and then closes the door behind silently.

Seohyun and Sooyoung exit the library and head out to a nearby place to eat. Entering the comfy diner that they found, the two girls sit and open the menu up in search for something to eat. As Sooyoung looks over the foods, Seohyun closes her menu and places it aside. “Have you already figured out what you want?” Sooyoung asks with a smile. “No. I’m not really hungry.” Seohyun answers starring out the window. Sooyoung’s smile goes down and she as well places her menu aside. “That’s what you’ve been saying for the last couple of days. You need to eat something, you can’t be like this.” Sooyoung states referring to Seohyun’s grieving of her father. “Sooyoung, I don’t know how people deal with this. Deal with all this pain. The last thing on my mind right now is to eat all my sadness away.” As Seohyun looks out the window, a tear slowly falls down. “I’m sorry, I’ve got to go.” Seohyun excuses herself as she rushes out with her tears preparing to stream down her face.

“What!? Are you serious?” Kai asks bewildered by the task asked from him by Luhan. “I knew this was going to happen, I just knew it!” Tao states pacing back and forth. “I know that it seems like a lot to ask for but I need your help. I don’t know what I’m feeling or doing most of the time, but this matter is different. I am definite of my feelings.” Luhan states seriously. “This is ridiculous, you two are friends. Can’t you two just toss a coin and see who gets her?” Kai asks. Luhan shakes his head no. “She’s not like some coin that you just toss, she’s more important than that. Much more important than that.” Luhan defends. “This is wrong. It’s wrong from both of you and Kris-hyung.” Tao responds. “I didn’t’ expect a situation like this to happen but now that it is, I’m not going to back down. She’s mine.” Luhan states. “What about Kris? What will you do when he finds out about your plan to get Seohyun as well?” Kai asks. Luhan sits down thinking. “I’ll tell him the truth. The truth that I still and always will have feelings for her.” Luhan explains. Tao just shakes his head before leaving the house abruptly. “Good luck, to both of you.” Kai says before leaving as well.

Sehun walks along Kris’s side as they both stroll out the park. “I can’t believe you did that Hyung.” Sehun states. “What’s so surprising?” Kris asks looking over at him. “This who situation with noona is crazy at is, but you going against your own best friend make’s things worse. “Best friend huh?” Kris mutters to himself. “You use that word too freely, Sehun.” They both reach near the city street and continue making their way up the block. “What did Luhan say when you told him about your plan?” Sehun asks. “He was extremely calm about it all, his reaction was way better than I had expected.” Kris answers. Sehun just nods. Kris realizes how quiet the maknae is and immediately feels a sense of guilt. “Did I do the wrong thing?” Kris asks. “You were honest about your feelings, that’s not wrong. What’s done is done.” Sehun simple responds. The rest of the walk is made in silence.

Luhan stares at the box filled with Yoona’s stuff. A box filled with memories. Luhan sighs as he rubs his forehead. It was so difficult to deal with it all. Everything was just so complicated. A light knock on his door is heard. He inhales deeply before opening the door. “Seohyun, hey” He greets with an inviting smile. “Are you busy?” She asks. He opens the door wider and invites her in. “What are you doing here?” He asks with his hands in his pocket. “The other day, when we met up and talked, you told me that you would be here for me?” Seohyun asks. “Yeah, I meant every word I said, Seohyun.” Luhan seriously answers. Seohyun looks up at him and then back down at the floor pondering a question in her head. “C-Can you hold me?” She asks. Luhan looks at her blankly, mentally confused by her words but then does something. He slowly walks over to her and embraces her in a hug. Pulling her closer to him by the waist, she wraps her arms around his neck and buries her face in his shoulder.

It was moment like these that they both missed. Luhan was Seohyun’s escape. He was her comfort zone, safe haven. It was as if he was the cure to all her sadness, pain, and misery. You rarely find a person like that. Still standing in the same position, Luhan whispers in her ear. “I miss you, Seohyun. I miss us.” Seohyun hears his words but doesn’t immediately reply. She breaks free from his loving and warm embrace to face and look up at him. “I miss it too.” Seohyun admits. “I was stupid for calling things off and I regret ever saying what I said that day. It was all at the heat of the moment and it was a big mistake. I lost the most important person in my life, you.” Luhan states caressing back her hair. “I said some things that I wish I hadn’t said as well, but we can’t change the past.” Seohyun states. “Your right, but we can change the present. For the better.” Luhan responds.

Seohyun just looks back down not knowing how to respond. He lifts her chin up to reach eye level with her. “I love you, Seohyun. It’s always been you that I love. I love you.” Luhan confesses. “I love you too, Luhan. More than you can imagine.” Seohyun confesses. “I think about us all the time, and I do miss it truly. But I can’t be with you right now” Seohyun declares. “Why?” Luhan asks. “Look at what has happened. Yoona and my father’s death, both people we truly love. As much as I want you, I know that I would only be with you because you put my pain away and not because I am ready.” Seohyun explains. “Don’t push me away now, Seohyun.” Luhan says entwining his hands with hers. “That’s the last thing I want to do. I just need time to get in a better place for myself. I’m broken right now.” Seohyun states.

Indeed, Seohyun was a broken person. Just looking into her beautiful dark brown eyes, you could see a broken person. She wasn’t in the right state, she wasn’t feeling herself. “I understand. Until you are at your right state, I will wait for you. I’ll wait for you, Seohyun.” Luhan promises. Feeling overwhelmed by his words, Seohyun does get a bit teary eyed. “Thank you, Luhan.” He slowly leans in and gives her a light kiss on the forehead. Seohyun then walks back out the door and leaves feeling much clearer than she was before. “I’ll wait for you” was the words she needed to hear to know everything was going to be okay. Everything with him was going to be okay.

*Authors Note*

Hello readers, First off I would like to thank you for reading. I know that I have been M.I.A but that is due to the fact that I have been taking my final state tests. I have officially finished and hopefully from all that hard work and studying, I've passed. This chapter is much more longer than my usual ones but since I haven't been updating in awhile, I thought you deserved something great to read. This chapter was very different when writing. In the comments, I've realized that you guys are stating whether your Seohan or Seokris, and im here like ???. I'm not sure which couple will be in the end but I'm sure you all will enjoy it when that time comes. Please dont hate me for being gone for long becuase I LOVE YOU!!! lol. Please leave your comments and share your thoughts down below. I'll update soon. Annyeong! (I think that means bye?)