Detention Flee

The Greatest Emotion

Detention. A nine letter word with such an annoying and impacable meaning. Unfortunately I had to attend this 'detention' due to last weeks food fight that happened. Tao loves to cause a ruckus and in the end we all had to pay for it, except Sehun who was busying himself by going to a study group afterschool. As I'm slouched in the chair, pen flicking between my fingers, eyes adverted on the clock that ticks with such a slow pace, my mind is elsewhere. The dean sits at the front of the classroom, seated at the teachers desk and files through some paper work. Kris who is also in the front and has his head down on the table in seek for sleep then feels a light smack on his head. He looks up and realizes that Kai who has been sitting in the back with me is giggling non-stop. Kris's gaze looks down and sees a crumbled paper ball at his feet. He picks it up and throws it successfully hitting Kai. The teacher scoffs at the ruckus and scolds the two boys. "Do you want to have another afternoon in this same room for another hour?" The older man asks. The boys stay in silence. "You boys really do need to grow up and learn to manage yourself" He says before looking down and getting back to filing his papers.

Another 10 minutes pass until I can no longer stand starring at the same four walls for another hour. "May I please us the restroom?" Luhan calls out. The older man looks at him and then nods, "Don't take too long" He scolds. Luhan gets up and walks out the room in relief from being able to finally move around. He walks down the hall and turns to his right where the bathroom is on the right. As his feet make their way to the restroom, he passes by the library where he see's Sehun who is working on some homework with the help of Seohyun. Luhan stops in his tracks and watches as the two laugh over something and then jot down something on the paper and get back to laughing and talking. Glaring at Sehun and then looking at the smiling Seohyun causes his blood to boil lightly. Sehun looks up and realizes the down-spirited Luhan standing at the door. Pretending to go throw something out, Sehun walks over to the door and approaches Luhan. "What are you doing outside of detention?" Sehun asks innocently. "I had to use the restroom. What are you doing in this room?" Luhan asks back with an cold tone. "I study here, Luhan. You know that" Sehun states.

Even though Luhan is talking to Sehun, he can't stop staring at Seohyun who is busying herself with the work infront of her and unaware of his gaze. Sehun however catches the longing stare that Luhan has his eyes set on and coughs lightly to get Luhan's attention. "So did you come here for your buddy or for Seohyun?" Sehun asks with a grin. With a light smack on his arm, Luhan hits him playfully, "Shutup." Sehun laughs at the action, "You should get going before you get into trouble, Seohyun wouldn't want that to happen" Sehun teasingly says smiling wide. Another hit is made from Luhan to Sehun's arm.

Right as Luhan is about to turn away from the door and get going, Tao pops out from behind him. "Tao? What are you doing out in the hall, i'm sure that the dean never lets two people out at a time" Luhan says. Tao continuously giggles and then releases, "We all left." Luhan's eyebrows raise in question and Sehun was still standing by the door has his eyes widened more. "All left?" Luhan asks, "What do you mean ALL left?" Kai speeds down the hall and stops when he see's the other guys there. "What are you all doing standing here, let's run!" Kai says excitedly and in a hurry. "Why are you out of class?" Luhan asks surprised by his precense. "The dean had to use the teachers restroom so he left another teacher to come by and stay with us, however the teacher took awhile and never came so we all left the room" Kai explains. Tao laughs at the younger ones statement, "Were free!" He says happily. "Free? You guys are going to get in so much trouble if you don't get back" Sehun states. Tao glares at the maknae for ruining the happy mood he was once in. "Wait, where is Kris?" Luhan asks. "Right here" Kris says strolling towards them with a can of cola in his hand. "You went to the vending machine and didn't buy me anything?" Tao pouts. "Oh shutup, Tao" Kai says tired of the other one trying to use aegyo.

From all the ruckus going on outside, Seohyun walks towards the door stoping the conversation held between all the boys. "What are all of you doing in the hallway?" Seohyun asks looking at all of the boys and then stopping her gaze set on Luhan. Not knowing what to say since she finally seen him he utters out nothing. Kris cuts off Luhans time to speak and says, "Were cutting detention. You know, how bad boys like to do bad things." Seohyun crosses her arms at his statement. "Your not a bad boy Kris, just reckless." Kai and Tao look at Seohyun and then at Kris for his response back noticing the akward atmosphere. He slowly approaches her causing her to nervously gulp. "Kris, back off" Sehun defends her by standing in the way from him getting to close. Kris smirks at the maknae, and then Luhan also goes up to Kris and tells him to leave her alone. Kris looks at the three people infront of him and then takes a sip of his cola.

The students inside the library get their belongings and begin to exit the room along with the teacher who strolls past the teens in the crowded place. Seohyun and Sehun get back inside the room and collect their belongings before going back outside and seeing all the boys still there. "We only have 20 more minutes left of detention since extar help over" Kai states. "You guys should just go back while you still can, it wouldn't be fun to do this again tommorrow with more time on your hands" Seohyun states. Before the boys can respond to her, down the hall Seohyun spots the dean taking a drink from the vending machine. Sehun warns the others and all 6 teens race down the hall in hopes not to get caught.

The dean slowly walks down the hall pass the detention dorm since its closed and he assumes that the teacher is still in there. All 6 of the teenagers speed down the hall making the sound of only their screetching feet. Tao who is infront of them all has a wide smile on his face and aimlessly turns down any hall. Sehun and Kai smile widely at the speeding Tao infront of them and the feeling of such a rush thatthey are experiencing. As Kris runs he pulls off certain items off bulletin boards which Seohyun considers Vandalism but doesn't bother with telling him. As they are about to run around another hall they spot the dean glancing at the posters on one of the walls as she feels his light beard. This causes all of the teens to stop in their tracks and run back and go another direction.

Speeding across the school floors without permission and the possibility of getting caught causes Seohyun to slow down her pace. Luhan notices her sudden slowness and stops as well. "Were going to get into so much trouble" Seohyun says with a worried tone. In response Luhan slowly approaches her and entwines her hand with his. "Come, let's try and not get caught together" He says causing her to smile. Together, hand in hand, they run and catch up with the others. Kris who wa snow in the front leads the all the way downstairs and through the back exit of the school. They all rush outside and feel the cold breeze that flushes past their face. Kris trys catching his breath and while he looks around he catches sight of Luhan holding Seohyun's hand. Sehun looks up at Kris and then to where he is staring which is Luhan and Seohyun's skinship. Before Kris can go up to Luhan, Sehun grabs the older ones arm. "Don't do it, Kris. What's the point of ruining something like this, she's not bad for him." Sehun pleads. Kris looks into the boys eyes and shakes the grip off his arm.

Seohyun looks down and realizes that she is still holding his hand and soon lets go, madly blushing at the touch. He doesn't realize it and goes up to Sehun for the time. "That was umm really cool" Seohyun exclaims akwardly. Luhan smiles at her statement while Tao and Kai grin at her in awe too. "So would you be joining us to do it again next time?" Kai asks with a smirk. "Don't count on it. Even though it was fun, I'm not up for another one" She says. "I'll see you guys at school then tommorrow" She says as she makes her way home. Luhan watches as she walks away and then turns back to look at him. She sends him a smile and a light wave which he returns with a smile and wave as well. Soon her figure disappears amongst the trees that the school has on the outer part of the building.

"What the hell was that, Luhan!?" Kris exclaims once Seohyun is no longer around to hear. Sehun mentally facepalms himself. "What are you talking about?" Luhan asks surprised by his sudden outburst. "What am I talking about? Im talking about that skinship you just did with her. Are you crazy!?" Kris asks. "Am I crazy!? Your the only crazy person here to get mad at something so simple like that. What's your obsession with not liking her anyways? What did Seohyun ever do to you?" Luhan asks. Kris is hesitatnt for an answer at first but then replies, "Look I'm just trying to helpyou out before she breaks your heart." Luhan raises his eyebrows in confusion, "How are you so sure that that will happen, Kris?" Luhan asks. Kris rubs his hand through his hair and abruptly walks right pass Luhan and storms off somewhere. Luhan watches as the tall guy storms away from the school and looks back at the others. "Do you know something that I don't?" Luhan asks them. They all nod no except Sehun and walk off. "He's just going through stuff. Don't let him get to you" Sehun says before catching up with the others. Luhan sighs and runs up with the others. Had Kris known something that he didn't to make such a fuss about his liking to Seohyun. This was something hard to just look right pass.

*Authors Note*

So I kind of was watching "The Breakfast Club" and I couldn't get that scene of the teens running around the school out of my head. It was so cool, I wish that I could do that and not caught :X. But basically that's where I got the idea from. And I sincerely and deeply apologize for the long update. School loves to keep you occupied. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the update and keep waiting for these next upcoming chapters. How is the story coming along? Is it good? Please comment and let me know what you think. Until then, I'll see you soon.