You Don't Know Him

The Greatest Emotion

This was it. The day that every senior had dreamed of, anticipated for. The day that every girl marked down on their calendars hoping would hurry and come. The sun would soon fall and the night would officially begin surpassing the excitement and high anticipation felt for this certain occasion. It was prom night. Every senior in school would be attending this event, including Yuri. Everything had to be perfect. The hair, makeup, dress, accessories, shoes, everything just had to be perfect. It was around the afternoon when Yuri had when to her scheduled appointment for the salon to get her hair done. Heading out to get all pretty and prepared, Seohyun as well decided to go out and maybe study or something. Since Mrs.Kwon was busy helping Yuri get everything done, Seohyun had allot of time on her hands. Walking out the door, Seohyun strolls down the sidewalk.

Heading out on the town as well, he crosses the street where the post office is located. As he comes nearer to the sidewalk he accidently walks into someone passing through. Falling on the concrete, Luhan quickly brushes himself off and helps the person who he caused to fall. "Sorry" He apologizes. The girl looks up surprised, and Luhan is as well surprised. "It's fine Luhan. Are you okay?" She asks touching his face that has a scratch on it. "I'm fine, Seohyun." He assures. As Luhan is about to walk off, Seohyun says "I've been meaning to thank you. What you did for me at that party a couple of days ago, Thank you." "Some guys are naturally jerks, even when they are drunk." Luhan reply's. "Hey, do you maybe want to get some coffee? I think we have some catching up to do" Seohyun states. Luhan nods quickly entering the post office doing what he was assigned to do before walking out with her.

At Kris's house, he is accompanied with Tao, Kai, and Sehun. All of the boys sit on the couch eating and drinking while watching some T.V. "Did you hear that the buy in room 902 got a broken nose? He look's funny" Tao randomly says aloud. "I can't tell you how many times I've seen people with broken noses or something wrong these past couple of weeks." Kai responds. "This place is just full of trouble" Sehun adds on. "You got that right" Kris comments taking a sip from his drink. Suddenly Kris's phone vibrates signaling that he has received a message. Picking up his phone, Kris looks at it and smirks before placing it back down on the table. "Ohhh who was that?" Kai asks curious. "Probably Sooyoung or something" Tao teases. Sehun laughs loudly irritating Kris.

"Why would you think it's Sooyoung?" Kris asks. "Why would we not think that. You've been spending so much time together, I was actually starting to believe that you found a girlfriend for real." Tao answers changing the channel which was now showing 'Teenage Mutant Turtles'. "We are not a couple" Kris clarifies. "Alright, Keep telling yourself that" Kai mutters under his breath with only Tao and Sehun being able to hear his words, causing them both to chuckle. "What did you say?" Kris asks annoyed. "Nothing, Hyung. Or do you prefer...Oppa?" Kai asks in a teasing tone laughing hard alongside Tao and Sehun. Kris just smirks as he tosses a pillow at the younger boy's face and focuses back on the T.V.

Seated outside at an open table, Luhan and Seohyun both chat while drinking their coffees. "Wait, what? Is this all really true?" Luhan asks shocked. "Yup, Donghae is my brother. My actual brother, I can't believe I have one" Seohyun admits. "This Donghae, Is he safe?" Luhan asks. "He's a good guy, Luhan" Seohyun assures. "Seohyun, I'm not asking that. Is he safe?" Luhan asks more serious. "He has had some issues in the past but he told me that he's better now, and when I met him I knew for sure that he was actually good. He's safe" Seohyun concludes. "You just met him Seohyun, you can't be drawing conclusions like that." Luhan explains. "When I first met you, I knew you were good. Was I wrong then?" She asks with eyebrows raised. "I had bad history back then so yeah, you were sort of wrong." Seohyun chuckles at his response.

"So what are you exactly trying to say? That I should just stop talking to him and avoid all contact whatsoever?" Luhan moves his coffee aside as he crosses his arms on the table. "Not really, How about you do a background check on him?" Luhan suggest. Seohyun gapes in surprise at his suggestion. "Are you serious? That is just ridiculous, Luhan." "I am so serious, In fact I will go with you to go get it done. It's better to be safe than sorry." Luhan reasons. "He's not some murderer or something, that is too extreme." "You will never know until you get it done. Seohyun, I know that you know that this is a smart thing to do too. C'mon, lets go." Luhan explains getting up and lending out his hand for hers. Seohyun crosses her arms. "This is crazy" Seohyun says lending out her hand. "Yeah, well life is crazy." The two teens reasoned over who was more right while heading to the library.

"Yahh Hyung, You have no more food in the fridge. How do you live like this?" Tao asks in disbelief. "Stop eating and he would have something left to himself" Kai scolds. "Hey, Don't talk to your hyung like that. Did you really forget that I am older than you?" Tao asks with his mouth stuffed full of grapes. Kris pays no mind to the argument going on as he reads something off his phone. "Is everything okay? Are you really that interested in Sooyoung?" Sehun asks. Kris looks up eyebrows furrowed at Sehun. Tao and Kai finally stop arguing and head back over to where the other two are. "Nothing is going on between us. At least I don't think so."

"Have you two kissed?" Kai asks. Kris slowly nods shocking everyone in the room. "You two kissed! When did this happen?" Kai asks being the most shocked. "It happened at a party, probably like 2-3 days ago. I'm not sure." "And did you like it?" Tao questions. "I don't know." Kris answers rubbing his forehead as if that would ease the frustration he had felt. "You like her" Kai concludes. "It's not like that" Kris assures everyone, but fails highly due to their strong beliefs in opinions. "So does that mean you have no more feeling's for Seohyun?" Sehun questions. "Alright, Can you all just stop it!" Kris yells resulting in silence. The same silence that he had been craving for since they began to piss him off. "It's complicated. And, ughh just read it." Kris says handing his phone to Sehun. Sehun looks at the screen and makes a confused expression. "I don't get it. Who is going to China?" Sehun asks. "Me." Kris answers.

The opening of the door is the only sound heard when entering the library. "Let's just get this over with. Hurry" Seohyun says walking to the computers with Luhan behind her. Taking a seat at one of the desks, Luhan stands behind her watching as she turns the desktop on. "This isn't right, Luhan." Seohyun comments. "You will thank me later" Luhan reasons out. Since Seohyun is being stubborn and doesn't budge to make a movement, Luhan from behind begins to search for the website to go on. His face is close to the side of hers, this has been the closest they have been in a very long time. Luhan looks over at her and realizes that she is blushing, resulting in him to smirk. Finding a site for background checks, Luhan types in Donghae's name and within a few minutes finds Kwon Donghae's information, everything about him.

Seohyun skims through the page and chuckles, "There is nothing bad about him. I told you!" Luhan sighs as he scrolls down the page reading through it and stops when he see's exactly what he had been expecting. "You might want to check this out again." Seohyun begins slowly reading the section relevant to criminal records. Displayed on the screen was a list of all the crimes, bad doings of Donghae. Scrolling down the page, charges of robbery are listed and other crimes. The thing that most surprised Seohyun was the picture of his mug shot and the amount of jail time he had did for all of this. "4 months" Luhan mutters. Seohyun looks at him and then back at the screen. Sure, Donghae did mention that he did have a troubling past but this all was more than she imagined. "Did you know about all of this?" Luhan asks concerned. "He didn't tell me all of this. So, no." Seohyun answers with a sense of disappointment in her voice. Luhan rubs her back in hopes to ease her mind. Did she really know her brother as well as she expected to?

All of the guys have the same confused expression on their face. "Your moving? To China?" Tao asks breaking the silence. "Probably. My grandmother wants me to move over there since she's worried about me living on my own. I knew this was going to happen, I just had a feeling of it." Kris explains slouching in his seat. "You can't move, Hyung. You just can't." Kai declares. "I know. Hopefully I can convince them that I'm fine over here and they will let me stay. Nothing is actually set, it's just a thought they shared with me. But most likely, just like with everything that they think of ends up actually happening." Kris further explains. "I'm sure they will understand." Sehun says trying to lighten the mood and cheer everyone up. The last thing needed to be thought of was their best friend departing from the group.

Silently walking home, the sky darkens and night is bound to fall. Luhan glimpses over to his side and see's Seohyun walking with her head down, presumably stuck in her deep thoughts. "Don't stress over it, Seohyun." Luhan suggests. Seohyun looks up at him and then back down. "You were right, Luhan." She mutters. Luhan stops walking and faces her knowing that she needed to get out her feelings before it ruins the rest of her night. "I wasn't right. I pushed you into finding out more about him even though you asked me not too. That is wrong. And what you are feeling right now, isn't good too. You don't know him like you thought and I guess that it is okay. What's on your mind, Seohyun?" He asks showing a sense of care and comfort.

"I thought that I knew him. I was aware of some of the things read on that site but not everything. I didn't expect half of the thing's posted on there. I mean, He was in jail. Isn't that something he should have told me. I just, I just don't know what to think or feel about him anymore. It's all just confusing. The guy that I read about for those records is not the same guy that I met and knew to become my brother." Seohyun explains. Luhan takes her into a hug in hopes to comfort her. Under the street light they both shared this caring interaction, feeling a sensation of completeness.

*Authors Note*

Hello. Was this a good update. Please let me know down in the comments below and share your opinion. I'm open to any feedback so let me know. I will definitely update soon. Bye for now :)