Shopping Spree

The Greatest Emotion

The smell of cooked bulgolgi and steamed rice lingers in the air. "Umma, Can't we eat already. I'm sure Appa ate something quick while still at work." Yuri complains eyeing down the food placed infront of her on the dining table. Seohyun looks at Yuri in annoyment and continues to sit quietly at the neated table picking at her napkin waiting for Appa to walk on in. The mother slowly sighs and looks at the clock again to read '9:45'. Her husband was supposed to be home 30 minutes ago and still hasn't shown up. The quiet atmosphere surrounding the three girls isn't the good type. It's not supposed to be like this. Not at all. Umma slowly gets up, "Just eat" she replies as she walks off to her room silently. Seohyun look at her in confusion and gets the feeling that something definantly isn't right. Meanwhile, Yuri gladly begins to scarf down the delicious food on her plate. Seohyun looks at the older on in disbelief and abruptly smacks her arm.

"Yahh, What is your problem!?" Yuri scolds dropping her food utensils and rubbing her arm at the part that got hit. "There is something wrong with Umma and all you can care about is food!? Stop eating like a pig and go find out what's wrong with her" Seohyun demands. "Ahh but i'm really hungry. Why don't do you go solve the problem while i solve the problem to my hungry stomach" Yuri says going back to a now more slower and neater eating. Seohyun rolls her eyes and sighs as she gets up from the table and walks upstairs to her parent's room. When approaching the room, she goes to knock but here her mother talking on the phone.

"What's taking you so long this time? I thought we agreed you weren't going to do it." She states. "Hyori, we are not going to go through this again. Not now, I'm almost finished and should be home in atleast an hour or less" He responds from the other line. "Typical you. We can never discuss anything becuase you feel no need to. What about my feelings? What about how I'm feeling over this whole situation?" She asks upset. "I am doing the best I can to provide for this family and you always complaining never helps with anything" He responds. "Complaining? All I ever say to you is found as complaining, How are we supposed to communicate if all you do is push me away becuase you feel a certain way?" She asks. "Look, I have to get going if you want me to keep job. I'll be home soon. Good night, Hyori" He says before hanging up. She slowly puts down the phone as well. "I love you too" She mutters.

What was going on between the two adults? Ever since a few days ago Seohyun had realized the longer hours Appa had at work and the distance between him and Umma. Why was this sudden change happening? As much as Seohyun wanted to find out about what was happening, the lack of energy she had and the thought of resting her eyes filled her mind. Seohyun approaches her bedroom and soon falls into a deep slumber.

The next morning, Seohyun lays in her bed comfortably enjoying the warmth her covers give her during this cold time. She rubs her eyes lightly and opens them slowly. Just as she turns over to her side, her phone begins to ring. She stretches for it and it reads 'Sooyoung'. "Good morning" She greets. "Good morning Seohyun, What are you up to right now?" Sooyoung asks casually. "I just woke up, Why?" Seohyun replies. "Get dressed. I'll be there in an hour so we can go shopping. See you soon" Sooyoung responds before hanging up. Seohyun sighs and lazily drags herself to prepare for the day. After getting washed up and dressed, she heads downstairs to prepare breakfeast. Walking through the living room to get to the kitchen she spots her father soundly asleep on the couch  resting his head with a pillow and covered in a spare blanket. He lightly opens his eyes feeling her stare. "Good morning, Joohyun" He greets. "Good morning. Did you not want to wake up Umma last night when you came in?" She asks. "Sure" He responds stretching and getting back. He stretches his arm up and his back begins to ache. "Appa you shouldn't sleep here, it's not as comfortable as it may look" Seohyun scolds. "I know, I know. I'm going to go wash up" He says excusing himself.

Seohyun prepares a bowl of cereal and a glass of milk to get ahead start on her energy for her day. After finishing up her bowl  she cleans the dishes, the sound of someone knocking on the door is heard. Seohyun opens it  to reveal a smiling Sooyoung. "Are you ready?" She asks excitedly. "Sure". Sooyoung has always had a love for shopping and fashion. Seohyun would always that whoever Sooyoung ended up marrying would have to be someone rich since the girl is expensive. Sooyoung and Seohyun  approach the bus who takes only 5 stops to get to the local mall around their area. "So what do you think I should get today, shoes? a new dress? Ooh what about a new shirt? There are so many options to choose from" Sooyoung exclaims excitedly. "Sooyoung does your parents know how much you spend while shopping?" Seohyun asks curiously.

"Yes, why?" Sooyoung answers. "Have they ever thought of you joining a group to get rid of this addiction?" Seohyun states causing Sooyoung to lightly smack her arm. "Yahh, I don't have a problem. But my parents have said something like that" Sooyoung states giggling as well. The bus soon stops at the desired location in which Seohyun and Sooyoung gladly get off and go inside the big building. Right as they get inside, Sooyoung runs up to a rack of new dresses like when a kid spots a candy store. Seohyun follows behind and watches as the girl shifts through the racks for something that catches her eye. She pulls out a simple middle length laced dress and a short leopard print over the shoulder dress. "Which one is better?" She says placing one on her and then switching it with the other. "They both look really good. I guess the lace one" Seohyun acknowledges.

"You guess? Eh, maybe something else is better" She says putting both of them back on the rack. "Aren't you going to buy something, Seohyun?" She asks still looking around. "No thanks. I'm not really a shopping type of girl" Seohyun says following behind Sooyoung as she looks for something new. "You've got to enjoy shopping. Lets find you something to wear for tommorow night" She says excitedly. "Tommorrow night? No, Sooyoung just no. I am not going to another one of those parties you call fun" Seohyun  states. "C'mon it's going to be so much fun. Way more fun than the last one we went too. What's your reason for not going to this one?" Sooyoung asks. "Well first I don't like partys, second you always ditch me at them, and third there is nothing for me to do at partys. I don't fit in, it's just not my thing." Seohyun says. "Well I promise not to ditch you and make sure that you have an awesome time. Plus, I'll think you'll be occupied with the host of this party" Sooyoung says with a smirk. "Who is the host?" Seohyun asks curiously. "Luhan."

Sooyoung carries an armfull of clothes and walks over to the dressing room. "Now I'm definantly not going" Seohyun mutters but loud enough for Sooyoung to hear. "Well then I guess I'll have to drag you along with me" Sooyoung responds closing the curtain before her. Seohyun silently takes a seat waiting for Sooyoung to finish with trying on the desired clothes. To keep herself busy she gets up and begins looking at some of the jewelry at a stand not to faraway from where the dressing room is. Spotting some nice earrings and pretty bracelets, there was atleast something in her preferred tast at this mall. However, the one thing that caught her eye was a beautifull necklace with an infinity sighn that was in diamonds. She walks over to the glass box in which it lays presented there by. "It's very beautiful" Seohyun mutters. Her delicate fingers touch the box only wishing that the item was in her grasp. Her eyes shift to the price and it reads, '$1,080'. That's expensive! "Wow" Is the only word that exscapes Seohyuns mouth as her eyes widen at the cost.

"It would look beautiful on you" Someone says from behind. Seohyun turns around and see's Luhan standing there. "Luhan. Umm hey" She greets awkwardly surprised by his sudden appearance. "What are you doing here today? I didn't think you were the shopping type" He responds. "Yeah I'm not. My friend Sooyoung dragged me along with her to go shopping for something new to wear. This is kind of her hobbey" Seohyun says causing both to laugh light heartedly. "So, Is that what your here to buy?" He asks pointing at the necklace. "Umm actually no. It's way too expensive for me" Seohyun says clutching onto her hand bag that she brought with her. He approaches the item standing next to Seohyun. "It's so beautiful. It would be worth it to buy it" He suggest. "Yes, It's very beautful but some beautiful things are meant to be left alone. Especially if it's that expensive." She responds.

To Luhan, it wasn't that expensive. Coming from a rich family it wasn't odd to see such a large amount of numbers on a price tag. "So what ar eyou doing here today? I hope not causing any trouble" Seohyun says with a hint of teasing behind her voice. "I came to shoplift, don't mention it to anyone" He whispers. Seohyuns face suddenly turns serious at his statement. "I'm just kidding, relax" He says laughing and her too laughing at the worriedness she almost had. "I'm actually here to get a tux my father ordered for me. It's for some grand opening for one of his company's. It's boring" He states. "Well hopefully you don't get too bored. Tell him I send my best wishes and congratulations" She says happily. "Im sure he'll know. Maybe you would like to come?" Luhan asks rubbing the back of his nape nervously. Surprised by his sudden question, she freezes up for a quick second.

"I'm not really good at social events like those things. I would be a burden" Seohyun states shyly. "Please, I'll make sure you have a great time. You'll spend the time with me and won't have to be bored while i'm around. What do you say?" He asks again more happy. Still silent in thought, "Sure" She finally answers. "Cool, I'll pick you up at 7 then on Monday. Oooh and I hope to see you at my party tommorrow. See you soon" He says before walking off leaving the girl surprised by what just all happenend.

Seohyun walks back to the dressing room to see Sooyoung sitting down worriedly. "Where were you? I was beginning to worry that you left me." Sooyoung states. "I wa sjust browsing and met up with umm Luhan" Seohyun nervously answers. "He was here? What happened?" She asks excitedly. "Well I'm going to his party tommorrow and then going to his fathers party with him the day after" Seohyun replies. "Ahh, You and Luhan together. It's so cute" She teases. "Were not going out as a date just as friends" Seohyun clarifys. "Suree. Now lets go, I found what I need to wear so we can get going" Sooyoung says dragging Seohyun to the check out center.

From afar, Just as soon as the two girls leave the area someone approaches the jar in which the beutiful necklace is placed and asks to buy it. Paying it with ease, this person neatly carries the necklace in the bag and soon exits the door.

*Authors Note*

Update! So for this story I have submitted it into a contest the link will be down below, so please vote for me. I hope you enjoyed and please leave your comments down below. Stay tuned for the next chapter.

(Link : http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/632074/slydeer-s-snsd-i-got-a-boy-writing-contest-open-for-entries-contest-gyoon-snsd-topfany-yongseo-writingcontest-luyoon)