Chemistry

The Greatest Emotion

While still over spring break, Seohyun had a project for Chemistry due. The teacher had paired her and Luhan together since they worked well with each other. However, due to everything that’s been going on, it’s hard to remember or even focus on school work. But Seohyun wasn’t going to let what’s been occurring hold her back. In fact, It was better to act like nothing was wrong than face the whole entirely truth of reality.

Seated in one of the booths of the café, Seohyun intently looks at the menu before making her order. When the attractive male waiter smiles and goes into the kitchen to retrieve the order, Seohyun goes back to reading her book for Chemistry. As she flips through the pages, someone walks in and recognizes her face immediately. Hesitant to approach her, he and his friend take a seat near the back of the place, but his eyes are still captivated on her beauty.

“Hyung, what are you ordering today?” Sehun asks as he looks through the menu himself. His ‘Hyung’ doesn’t pay attention as he still gazes over at her. “I think I’m craving some noodles, you?” Sehun asks looking up at his friend who is busy staring elsewhere. Sehun looks over towards the same direction as his tall friend and spots Seohyun. There was this feeling of trouble Sehun started to sense.

“Yahh Kris, Can you pay attention and stop drooling over her?” Sehun asks hitting the guy on his arm. “Hey, I’m not drooling over her okay? W-What did you want to eat?” Kris asks stealing one last glance at Seohyun before looking at Sehun. “This is wrong, Kris. You know that this is wrong.” Sehun states very seriously. “What is wrong? I’m just looking over” Kris defends finally looking down at the menu. Sehun glares at him. “Don’t be stupid Kris, You know what I’m talking about, so stop.” Sehun states.

The same attractive waiter tends their table and once done with getting their orders he goes back to the kitchen. “I didn’t want to bring this up, but you really left me no choice except to constantly remind you of what’s happening around you. Kris, you have feelings for Seohyun.” Sehun states. Kris who was drinking on his glass of cola coughs at his friends words. “What is wrong with you? Why do you blurt out such non-sense?” He asks wiping his mouth with a napkin. Sehun just sighs.

“Hyung, you can’t like Seohyun-noona. You do remember that she is with Luhan?” Sehun asks. “Don’t remind me, Sehun. Don’t you think I’ve tried to convince myself not to like her too?” Kris asks playing with the straw in his drink. “I know it’s wrong but she really is different from other people that I have met. She’s nice, smart, kind, loyal, honest, can be stubborn but that just makes her even more adorable.” Kris admits with a smirk. “That really does sound like Seohyun-noona” Sehun agrees.

“What do I do?” Kris asks. “I’m not sure. I’ve never been in this situation before. I guess you try to move on, don’t be a selfish person, hyung.” Sehun suggest. “I know that I’m not the best guy, but I know I can treat her well. I can treat her better. The thought of her makes me feel like I need to protect her.” Kris confesses. “It sounds like you have deep feelings for her, more than what you think” Sehun responds. “Just make sure you know what you’re doing, make sure If she even has any feelings for you.” Sehun adds on. Kris just smirks and continue sipping his cola.

After she’s done eating, Seohyun begins to get all her things together before getting up out of the booth and leaving the café. She feels a light tap on her shoulder, when she turns around she sees Kris. “Oh hey” Seohyun greets fixing her bag strap on her shoulder.  “I was just coming to get something to eat, where you off to?” Kris immediately responds. “I’m heading to the library to finish up some homework. It’s funny how even when we have a break off, teachers want to kill us with all this work.”

Kris nods as he looks down and realizes the item he had bought her isn’t being worn. “You’re not wearing it” Kris mutters looking down. Seohyun realizes what he means and quickly tries to explain but he already has his back faced to her before she has the chance. “Kris” Seohyun calls out. He quickly continues to walk not bothering to look back. She didn’t like him. At least not to his knowledge by her actions.

Yuri walks downstairs towards the living room and sight her mother talking with two men. One was wearing a nicely made suit holding a brief case with a hard expression glued to his face. The other man was wearing a suit as well and talking with a kind matter to the mother. “Yes, I understand. What date should the money be sent in by?” Umma asks politely.

Within the next two or more weeks they answer. The thought of money made Yuri feel uneasy. Money brought problems, losing money brought bigger problems. Nothing was the same anymore due to these financial issues. Yuri sighs as she hears the conversation between her mother and the two men discussing the bill awaiting to be paid. With her father not going to work for the past few weeks, the amount they usually get is much more smaller compared to back then.

*Authors Note*

Hey sorry for the shorter update today, I’m working on an exit project so wish me the best of luck. I have good news and bad news, let’s start with the bad news. So sadly and unfortunately, this story will be coming to a closing soon. However, because I have so much I want to do with this story and more I could tell, I’m thinking of creating a continuation. Is that a good idea? I hoped you enjoyed the chapter and please do leave your comments and share your thoughts down below.