Arguement

The Greatest Emotion

The door to the house opens and shuts briefly. Seohyun places down her bag and passes through the living room to see who’s around. Like usual, she finds Yuri laying on the couch texting her friends. “There you are, your friend is upstairs.” Yuri announces not moving her eyes off of her phone. “Where’s Umma and Appa?” Seohyun asks. “Umma is helping Appa with a bath” Yuri says. For a few week’s now, Appa has been having trouble with his back. The doctor says he needs bed rest, so that’s what he’s getting. Seohyun nods in understanding before proceeding upstairs to her room.

Seohyun enters her room and finds Sooyoung sitting at the end of her bed. “Sorry for taking so long, Luhan needed my help today. He got into this huge fight with Taecyeon, It was all really crazy.” Seohyun explains while removing off her jacket and hanging it up neatly in the closet. “Interesting.” Sooyoung mutters. Usually, Sooyoung would be the one to elaborate on anything she said but this time it was different. Something was wrong.

“Eonnie, what’s wrong?” Seohyun asks concerned standing in front of her. “Seohyun, I need to ask you something important.” Seohyun nods for her to continue. “You and Kris, are you two more than friends?” Sooyoung asks. “Of course not. Why would you ask that?” Seohyun questions back a little surprised by her question. “More like ‘what’ made me ask that.” Sooyoung says going over to the dresser and showing Seohyun the necklace.

“He gave me that yesterday, I didn’t ask for it.” Seohyun states defending herself. Sooyoung scoffs. “Why else would he get it then? The day you saw it was the same exact day he bought it for you, you asked for it.” Sooyoung says roughly putting the piece of jewelry away. “You’re not honestly upset at me, are you?” Seohyun asks in disbelief from her action. “I’m not going to lie to you Seohyun, as an honest person, yes, I’m upset with you.” Sooyoung proudly states. She adds on, “Kris likes you. He has feelings for you and I bet you already knew that!”

“Look, whether Kris has feelings for me or not, I don’t like him the same way as you claim.” Seohyun says trying to lessen the negative atmosphere. “Who are you trying to convince here, me or yourself?” Sooyoung asks. Seohyun is stunned by her best friend’s outburst. “I don’t understand. Where is all of this coming from?” Seohyun asks. “I’ve been feeling this way for a while now, Seohyun. Maybe having it blow up like this wasn’t the best idea but it happened. You have two guys who care for you deeply and you can’t even see it.” Sooyoung states. “Why are you worried so much about guys that like me? A-Are you jealous of me?” Seohyun asks.

“Don’t even go there, Seohyun. I will never be jealous of you, never!” Sooyoung responds angrily. “Then please give me a reason why you are so worried about my love life. I get it. Kris likes me and not you, and you can’t stand it!” Seohyun yells back. “You really think must think that, huh? The only reason Kris probably likes you is because of you rebelling against your whole family! Ever since you met Luhan and his friends you’ve turned into a sneaky person, I can see Luhan has rubbed off his negative side to you.” Sooyoung yells back.

“Hey, don’t bring him in this. You’re always so worried about who I like and what Kris is always doing, that you have failed to see what really matters. You need to move on from him and stop worrying about me!” Seohyun yells which is the last words screamed. The first argument held between the two girls is a surprise to themselves and those around who know them. “If that’s how you really feel, then think of me forgotten. Now I can move on and definitely not waste my time thinking of you anymore.” Sooyoung stammers out before rushing out of the house. Seohyun sighs as she picks up the necklace and sits on the bed.

“You stupid necklace. You’ve really ruined it this time.” She mutters to herself. Thinking back, this week hasn’t been the brightest for her. Breaking up with Luhan and then helping him cope with the death of his first love, and now this. Having a huge argument with her best friend was the most little expected thing she had thought would come about. Thinking of it now, things were always pretty bad just never to an extreme.

Sooyoung walks under the street lights that show her way home under the dark night sky. While walking all she could think of was the argument she had earlier with her best friend. She was wrong for coming out that way but it bothered her so much. It would be a lie if Sooyoung didn’t confess that she still had feelings for Kris, but being envy of Seohyun was something she didn’t consider. Was she really jealous of her best friend?

Approaching a corner of the block, Sooyoung spots Kris up ahead. She sighs as she begins to speed walk hoping to pass him without any confrontation. Evidently and unfortunately, Sooyoung bumps into him causing both of them to fall to the floor. He removes his ear buds and winces as he gets off from the floor. Sooyoung who was already teary eyed while walking lets her tears flow down her face freely as she tilts her head down not allowing him to see her.

“Watch where you are going next time” Kris states fixing himself up. Sooyoung gets up off the floor soon too and begins to wipe away the tears that have fallen. “S-Sooyoung, is that you?” Kris asks. “Yup, unfortunately it is.” Sooyoung sarcastically answers adjusting herself too. “I’m sorry” She apologizes before turning around ready to leave. Kris goes after her and grabs her arm turning her around to face him. “Sooyoung, what’s wrong?” Kris asks. “You. I-It’s you. It’s always been you.” Sooyoung answers before running off leaving Kris concerned and confused.

*Authors Note*

DEEP! So I know that many of you are wondering why so much is happening but it all will be explained soon and I PROMISE you will understand. Friendships go through ups and downs, and this chapter showed what exactly a friendship goes through and if it can survive from it. I hope I’m keeping your interest locked in and that you will continue to love and support this story. Please leave your comments and thoughts down below. I’ll update soon.