Same Story, Second Chance - Epilogue Part 1

Same Story, Second Chance

Hyunseung open his eyes and let his eyesadjust with the brightness of the room. He look at his right broken hand. And trail his left hand to his stomach, feeling the bandage wrapped his abdomen.

"Junhyung.." He whisper. The door creaked open.

"Hyunseung!" Dongwoon run to him.

"Oh my God Seung! You finally wake up!" Dongwoon said. Hyunseung smile a bit.

Dongwoon called the nurse in and they do some check ups for Hyunseung.

"Is my baby okay?" Hyunseung blurt out. Dongwoon smile a bit.

He hold Hyunseung's hand. " You have done a good job and you fulfil your promise. The baby is safe.--" Hyunseung smile in relief.

"But--" Hyunseung look at Dongwoon.

Dongwoon look down. "Seung.. You might die in this meantime.The tumor, it is getting bigger. The cancer spread already. Unless we abort the baby or you will die--"

Hyunseung cut him off, "I don't care Woon. At least, this is the only thing that I can give to Junhyung before I die. Now, let keep this as a secret until the day I die. Will you promise me that Son Dongwoon?" Hyunseung ask. Dongwoon look down at the ground.

"I promise.." Hyunseung smile and close his eyes.

--

It was when he wake up again he heard someone talking.

"The day you came to the house. I think nothing but second chance. It was like a gift Seung. Like a miracle. Seeing other person that look the same with my late wife. And the feeling is back. The love, I feel it again. I try to push it away. But then, I-I can't Seung. The more I tried, the more I want. My children, when they break down and beg for you to come again. I just hope that this will be a dream and everything will be the same when I wake up. But then, I realised, if this is a dream, I rather stay sleeping and never wake up. Because I know, I want you." He sniff and take a deep breath.

"At first, I thought, I love you for Kim Hyunseung. But, as the time passed by, I know, and I accept, you are not Kim Hyunseung. But Jang Hyunseung, my love, my second chance. I love you for who you are. I can't when you angry with me. You just look so cute--" Junhyung chuckle and wipes his tears.

"The day we went for the first date is like dejavu for me. Except that time we are with my children. The way you talk, the way you walk, the way you express your feelings, the way you told me about your life, really the opposite of Kim Hyunseung. You are yourself that time. You are the cheerful one. And I felt so much closer to you that time." Junhyung cried. Hyunseung shut his eyes tightly and keep hearing to what Junhyung said.

"If you want to know, you are my first love Jang Haneul. Hard to admit. You have the exact same face with Hyunseung. From we were small, yeah, seven years old is way too small. But, I know I like you. You make me feel comfortable. Remember when my parents died, you comfort me, you hug me. That time, I still remember, we are fifteen that time. Puppy love? Nahh. My heart is beating fast for you. I have ony on heart Haneul, and it beats for you. But, knowing you love that bastard Kwon Jiyong, I had to give you up. Eventhough I just have to watch you from a far. As long as you happy." Junhyung sobbed. Hyunseung felt his tears trickling down.

"That time when Uncle Son break the news, saying you and your famly is dead because of car accident, all of us knew it is Jiyong. I cant help but to be angry at myself. For not protecting you. For not be with you. That time, Hyunseung comfort me. And whatever happen, I still have one heart Haneul. And it does not beat for anyone else but you. Hyunseung.. It is not that I didn't love him. He is more like a brother. And when we got married, my heart only beat for myself and not anyone else... Dongwoon know. And he make me promise to move on and love Hyunseung.." Junhyung take a deep breath.

"I feel so sorry for Hyunseung. Five years and when he died because of accident too, the flashback of you come back. And I feel angry at myself again. Because I lose you before. And then, I can't keep my promise to Dongwoon to protect Hyunseung. My selfishness. I be fine without him. Until you come to the picture again. I thought you are my second chance after what happen to me and Hyunseung. When I know about the truth, this is not second chance for me and Hyunseung. But for me and Haneul. Me and you.. Second chance for me to love you again. For us to love again. For you to realise, we are fated for each other." Junhyung said and cried with him kissing Hyunseung's left hand.

"Knowing you are Haneul, I am so happy. Knowing you are the one who killed Hyunseung, I felt betrayed. Because you are alive all this while and yet, we are so close but so far. Why didn't I know it? I could love you early. I hate you for make me waiting, suffering for your love. Knowing you are not the one who killed him, I felt I am so stupid. Because I hate you for something you didn't ask for. For something that you didn't even know. For your sacrifice for me. Knowing we didn't have much time left, I feel I hate my life. I hate everything. Why must when I realise something precious, why must God give me time limit? Why must life being unfair to me? To add my guiltiness to you, you are bearing my child dear heaven. Why? Why me? Why must we suffer? Can't we have our own happiness? Why me Haneul? Why me?!" Junhyung shriek and bury his face in Hyunseung's hand. 

Hyunseung let his tears trickle down and let his sobs been heard.

"I love you Haneul. I love you..." Junhyung get up and hug Hyunseung tightly. Hyunseung cried and wrap his left hand around Junhyung's neck. Junhyung buried his face in Hyunseung's neck.

"I love you too, Junhyung..." Hyunseung whisper.

--

He stare at the flower in front of him. He smile a little.

"Beautiful like you..." The man wrapped  his arm around the boy's shoulder. They face each other and share a kiss.

"Are you ready?" The man ask. The boy nod.

They walk in the cemetery and the boy squat down.

"Jiyong Hyung..." He whisper and carress the tomb.

"It is hurt knowing you make my life miserable. I just want to live my life to the fullest Hyung. But you ruin my life. You betray my love. Everything Hyung. I don't know what to say to you. I trust you from when we are small. But it all broke when my parents die in front of my eyes. You smirk Hyung. The smirk that you bring with you to the after life. I hate you Kwon Jiyong. I hate you and Seungri. We are friend. Triplets thy call. That's when until you betray me. Thanks to me later for sending you to Seungri now. I forgive you Hyung.. I forgive you although I hate you. Rest in peace and, send my regards to Seungri too." Hyunseung said and smile a bit. He put the white flower on both of the grave and turn without looking back.

"Hyunseung.." He turn to the side and saw Taeyang and TOP holding two children.

"Taeyang Hyung, Top Hyung..." He whisper and curve a smile.

"Thank you for sending them away with such honor. I really owe you." Taeyang said. Hyunseung nod. Taeyang and TOP look down at Hyunseung's stomach.

"I guess, God really loves you. The diamond in your stomach, take care of it." TOP smile. Hyunseung nod.

He dart his eyes to the twin. " Are they---"

"They are Jiyong and Seungri's. We will go to America after this, to get proper treatment for both of them. And, we might not come back here anymore. Enough with all this suffering. Everyone should be happy. Too many hurtful memories here. We will just go and start fresh life. Thank you again Hyunseung. May you get your happiness too." Taeyang said. They share one last kiss and hug and the two pair parted ways.

--

Gikwang and Yoseob walk in the ward, the priest following behind. Junhyung smile.

"Are you guys sure you guys will just get married here?" The priest ask. Junhyung and Hyunseung share a look.

"We would want a proper wedding. But, I am just scared we wouldn't have the time to do it." Hyunseung said. The priest smile a little and nod.

"Shall we start?"

"Wait!" They turn their head and saw Yixing, Dongwoon and Doojoon. The twin and Kai come in too.

"I know you guys cant wait. But we are your best friend so please, have some mercy." Doojoon said amke the couple glare at him. The priest shook his head.

"Let's get start." The priest said. Junhyung and Hyunseung nod.

"Yong Junhyung, will you take Jang Hyunseung as your wife in sickness, health, despair and happiness. Go through the life together as two heart become one?"

"Yes, I do." Junhyung said and smile confidently at Hyunseung.

"Jang Hyunseung, will you take Yong Junhyung as your husband in sickness, health, despair and happiness. Go through the life together as two heart become one?"

Hyunseung look at Junhyung whis squeeze his hand. "Yes, I do.."

"You may exchange the ring and kiss your bride." The priest said.

Hyunseung and Junhyung exchange their ring and kiss each other on the lips. Hyunseung's tears trickled down.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Junhyung wipe those tears. Hyunseung look down in sadness. Junhyung sigh.

"I know, this is not what you want. I know, everyone wants the best weddng in their life. I promise, we will have our grand wedding after you have done your surgery. I promise.." Junhyung hug the crying Hyunseung.

Yoseob and Gikwang turn away to hide their tears. Yixing take Jae Hyun, Hyun Jun and Kai out. All of them leave the room including the priest.

"No Jun..." Hyunseung said softly. He look up.

"I am so happy that we are officially together now. But--"

"But what?"

"But I afraid we would not have our proper wedding after that. I am afraid Jun.." Hyunseung whisper and continue crying.

Junhyung swear, this is the first time in his life that Hyunseung is afraid. The Hyunseung he know is fearless. But now, he know, Hyunseung is just a young boy who is fragile that has went through so much suffering in his life.

"I love you Hyunseung..."

--

"Umma, the photobook is still empty. Should we take picture?" Jae Hyun ask Hyunseung who take a peek on what Jae Hyun is drawing.

He chuckle and smile. " Of course. We will ask Appa bring us to the garden tomorrow. How? You want?" Hyunseung ask.

"Yeay! We re going out tomorrow and we will take a lot of picture!!!" Jae Hyun jump up and down. Hyunseung chuckle.

"Umma!!!" They turn to Hyun Jun who run to Hyunseung's hug.

"Aishhh Hyun Jun.. You are heavy.. Lose some weight.." Hyunseung joked. Hyun Jun pouted.

"Umma is bad really! How could Umma! I am not fat." Hyun Jun said. Hyunseung chuckle.

"You are not fat baby. You are chubby." Hyunseung said and laugh.

"Noona is chubby. Like the panda bear. Noona is fat!!" Jae Hyun said. Hyun Jun glare at Jae Hyun.

"You skinny little lamp post!" Hyun Jun shout and start to chase Jae Hyun around their mansion. Junhyung walk towards Hyunseung.

"Hey baby.. How is your day?" Junhyung kissed Hyunseung's temple.

"The same. Sit here watch the kids playing. That's all. How is Hyun Jun?"

"Well, Yixing said, she is okay now. Nothing to be worry for. She is not trauma anymore. Everything is good. I am grateful." Junhyung said. Hyunseung smile.

"Junnie, you know that I gave photobook album right?"

Junhyung nod. " Wae?"

"Well, he said that it is still empty. So, he wants to fill it with some pictures. So, I was wondering if you cn bring us to playground or garden tomorrow." Hyunseung smile sheepishly. Junhyung chuckle at the cuteness of his wife.

"Of course we can Seungie. Anything for my precious." Junhyung pinch Hyunseung's nose. Hyunseung chuckle.

"Jae Hyun ah, Hyun Jun, we are going to playground tomorrow!!" Hyunseung shout.

"YEAY!!!" The shriek can be heard from inside. Hyunseung and Junhyung chuckle and shook their head.

--

Click!

Hyunseung look up.

"Junnie! I told you don't take a candid. At least tell me. I may look ugly. And if it is, I will make sure I kill you." Hyunseung said and pout. Junhyung chuckle.

"You have always been cute Seung. Don't worry okay?" Junhyung said. Hyunseung smile.

Jae Hyun and Hyun Jun joined Hyunseung in the picture. They were eating ice cream. Jae Hyun chase Hyun Jun, both of them look so happy. How Jae Hyun and Hyun Jun lean their ears to hear the baby's movement.

The picture of them smiling, laughing, eating and kissing. They capture it all. Because memories always lasts, doesn't die.

--

It was when it is finally the day he felt his body weaken. Hyunseung was preparing something for his family when suddenly his head feel dizzy. He stand up and wants to walk to his bedroom. Well, he is in the kitchen that time. He reached his bedroom door and suddenly, darkness take him over. He is too weak to even fight back and he just let his back hit the floor.

Junhyung come back from his work with his children for lunch when the front door is not locked. He exchange look with the kids who have  worry etched in their face. Well, even kids know that the house should be locked. Junhyung get in and called Hyunseung but no answer. He went to the kitchen and saw many papers on the dinner table. He frown.

"UMMA!!" He heard the twin scream. He quickly run upstairs and straight to the bedroom. His eyes widen.

"SEUNG!" He shriek and quickly kneel on the floor to check on his wife.

"Appa.. Umma.." Jae Hyun cried.

Junhyung lean his ear to Hyunseung's nose.

'Thank God he is breathing.'

"Kids, get in the car now!" Junhyung said. The twin nod and run to the car. Junhyung pick Hyunseung up in bridal style.

He drove to Dongwoon's hospital.

In his mind, only one thing.

'Don't die yet...'

--

"Another two months. You should make the decision now. The baby, or you yourself?" Dongwoon ask softly.

Hyunseung breath out heavily. " Woon, I protect this child with my life. What do you think my answer is?"

Dongwoon sigh. " Does Junhyung know?"

Hyunseung look down. "I will tell him later. Not now."

"Seung, you are important in Junhyung's life. You have bright future--"

"Woon. Whatever my decision is, if it is fated by the God I will die before I got to see my son's face, I can't change anything." Hyunseung said.

"I don't know what to say anymore. You are just too stubborn." Dongwoon said.

"Dongwoon, let's do it like this. After I give birth, I allow you to do another surgery on me, removing the tumor." Hyunseung said, his eyes pleading.

Dongwoon look up. " But it is really risky. Are you sure?" Dongwoon ask.

Hyunseung nod. " I don't care Dongwoon. I allow you. Whatever it takes."

"Because Dongwoon, I really want to live.." Hyunseung look down.

Dongwoon's heart crushed..

--

Two hours before the surgery.

"Junnie, I love you so much, you know that right?" Hyunseung said and tip toed to kiss Junhyung's lips.

Junhyung nod and smile.

"Whatever happen, this is our story. You have to accept the fact that what is fated cannot be change. Just how it happen. Its up to us, right? So, I'm telling you, don't give up. Because, we have go through this before. And we are still here for us to stay strong. Let us tired in this world. But, let us rest in the after life. So you, have to be strong until your last breath. Never break down. Always smile although crying. Because I love you.." Hyunseung smile.

Junhyung nod and smile. He hug Hyunseung tightly.

--

Once the door of the operation theatre closed, Hyunseung hold Dongwoon's hand.

"Yes, Seung?" Dongwoon ask.

"Woon, before you remove th tumor in my stomach, can I hold my child first?" Hyunseung ask. Dongwoon gulp and nod.

"At least, we will take the baby out in 2 hours. Let's continue with the progress." Dongwoon said and let the nurse push Hyunseung to the middle of the room.

--

Hyunseung open his eyes weakly. He look around and saw Dongwoon was holding the beautiul baby who is still crying.

"Hyunseung.." Dongwoon smile.

Hyunseung reached his hand out to take the baby. Once the baby in Hyunseung's arm, he stop crying.

Hyunseung curve his pale lips into a smile and he kiss the baby's cheek.

"Welcome my dear heaven, Yong Haneul.." He said weakly..

"Seung, are you ready for second surgery?" Dongwoon ask.

Hyunseung darted his eyes weakly at Dongwoon.

"Woon, I am not strong enough. I don't think I can bear the pain anymore. Its hurt so much. I don't think I..." He breath evenly.

"Let me be with my child okay?" Dongwoon nod reluctantly and walk to the side of the room. He fish out his phone.

Hyunseung kiss Haneul's eyes and cheek. He smile softly.

"Haneul ah, hear what Umma wants to say. Because you might wouldn't hear it anymore. Umma felt so weak right now. Umma is so sorry. Umma maybe wouldn't take care of you. Umma wouldn't be there for you anymore. But believe me, Umma loves you Haneul. Umma know, you will understand what Umma means when Umma said all of this. Now, be a good son and brother to your Hyung and Noona. Make your Appa happy. Umma loves you so much Haneul. Umma is sorry Umma couldn't be with you. Say to your Appa, Umma is sorry for making him suffer. Umma loves all four of you. Umma know, since the first time Umma met your Appa, we will have such a long journey. But, I am so sorry Haneul, the story is not for Umma to tell. Umma doesn't have the strength anymore. Umma have to rest now. Umma really wnats to have a life with you. But Umma is sorry. Umma love you so much Haneul. Umma loves.." Hyunseung breath heavily.

Dongwoon straighten his back. He exchange looks with Yixing who shook his head.

"He wants to go." Yixing said. Dongwoon swallow his bitter lump.

"Umma loves you.." Hyunseung kiss Haneul's cheek and smile brightly.

He close his eyes and his head tilted to the side. His firm grip on Haneul loosen and Haneul start crying.

Dongwoon's breath hitched. Yixing look down in despair.

"Goodbye, Jang Hyunseung.." Dongwoon whisper. He take Haneul and cover Hyunseung under the white sheet.

He walk to the door.

--

Dongwoo wipe away his tears as the scene in front of him tugged his heart string. The people at both side of the church hold their tears and some of them even broke down already. Some of them has bloodshot eyes.

The priest smile sadly at the man and the other boy in the casket. 

"Yong Junhyung, will you take Jang Hyunseung as your wife in sickness, health, despair and happiness. Go through the life together as two heart become one?"

"Yes, I do." Junhyung said and smile sadly.

"Jang Hyunseung, will you take Yong Junhyung as your husband in sickness, health, despair and happiness. Go through the life together as two heart become one?"

Junhyung look at the boy in the casket. " Yes, he do.." Junhyung answer.

"You may exchange the ring and kiss your bride." The priest said and look down as his tears fall down too.

Junhyung squat down and take the cold finger of the unmoving handsome boy dressed in white tux lying soullessly in the casket.

"Hyunseung, because I promise you we will have our proper wedding after you have surgery. Because I love you.." Junhyung said and slip the ring in Hyunseung's dead finger covered in white gloves.

Junhyung lean and kiss the blue lips of Hyunseung and his tears fall onto the other's cheek.

The people there was crying at the sight.

"Because I promise you.."

"I love you.."

--

Junhyung hold Haneul in his arm and another arm holding Jae Hyun's hand and Jae Hyun's hand linked with Hyun Jun's.

Junhyung smile and look down at his children and the baby.

"Go and fly so high Jang Hyunseung. May you rest in peace with my love following you.."