Same Story, Second Chance - Chapter Seventeen

Same Story, Second Chance

Hyunseung walked out from the lift. He is on the way to pick Jae Hyun and Hyun Jun from their kindergarten. He was walking towards his car when suddenly someone grab him from his back. He tries to struggle but his attacker slid a knife and place it at his throat.

"Shut up or die." The attacker whisper. Hyunseung stop struggling and breathing heavily.

"Who are you?" He asks. The man press the knife.

"I said, shut the up!" The man scream at Hyunseung's ear that the boy felt his ear can explode. And, that's when he collect his courage and fight the attacker. He uses his elbow and attack the man's rib makes the knife slit his throat a bit. He punch that guy and try to take the mask off. The man swing his knife and he left a gash at Hyunseung's left hand. The man try to stab him but he quickly dodge it and the man pinned Hyunseung down.

Hyunseung could felt the man smirk.

"Beware Jang Hyunseung. We wouldn't let you safe." The man stab Hyunseung's left shoulder. A high pitched scream can be heard. The man just went away like that leaving Hyunseung in pain alone. Not before he left a note in Hyunseung's pocket.

Hyunseung stand up with all his might and walk to his car. Leaving a trail of blood that flows from his shoulder and hand. He sit at the driver's seat and groan as he tries to move his left hand. His right hand reach his pocket and he looks at the note. With trembling hand, the note slip from his hand. Without caring about anything, he start his car and drift to the kindergarten as fast as he can. At least, before something happen to the twins.

The picture said it all.

|----|
Hyunseung went out from his car and he saw the gate of the kindergarten was already closed. He try to open the gate but it shows that everyone has gone home. And that's mean, other person has took Jae Hyun and Hyun Jun. He immediately called Yoseob and Doojoon. When they knew about it, they quickly informed Dongwoon and Gikwang. About Junhyung, no one dares except for Hyunseung.

"Jun, I am sorry to inform this, but, when I came from my office, the kids isn't here anymore. No one is here." Hyunseung said. Junhyung kept silence and suddenly, he hangs up just like that. Hyunseung sigh. He went in his car and start to seek for the kids.

When he was driving, there were a MPV that stopped by the road side and went away after dumped something in a bag. Many people surrounded the place. Hyunseung felt himself trembling as his inner heart says to go to the bag. He went out from the car.

"OH MY GOD! It is two kids! Someone help!" He heard someone scream. He immediately ran to the place. He fell onto his knees.

"Hyun Jun! Jae Hyun!" He immediately hug the two kids.

"Are you their relatives?" One of them asked. Hyunseung bit his lips.

"I am his mother." He mumbles.

"Please help me. I want to send them to the hospital. Witness please follow me!" Hyunseung requested. One of the witness pick Jae Hyun up and follow Hyunseung. They immediately call for the hospital.

|----|

Hyunseung wait impatiently for the kids and the other outside the emergency room. He didn't even treat his wounded hand and shoulder. Yoseob, Doojoon and Gikwang arrived there first.

"Hyunseung, how is the kids?" Yoseob ask while shaking Hyunseung's shoulder. Hyunseung winced and looks at them gultily and shook his head.

"We just came an hour ago and they are still inside." The witness said. They look up.

"W-who are you?" Doojoon ask.

"I am a witness. I saw the car that dumped the kids. My name is Kim Junmyeon, call me Suho." Suho said.

"We shall report this to the police right now." Gikwang said.

"No. We have to wait for Junhyung first." Yoseob said.

"Jang Hyunseung!" Hyunseung look up and stand up. Junhyung's eyes pierced into his soul.

"What happen to them?" The tone was cold that Hyunseung is afraid to even break the ice.

"I can explain--"

"THEN EXPLAIN NOW?! WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT THAT YOU CAN'T FETCH THEM FRST? CAN'T YOU CONSIDER ABOUT THEM? THEY NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE! HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN JANG HYUNSEUNG?!" Junhyung shout makes Hyunseung flinched.

"I HAVE MY OWN REASON YONG JUNHYUNG! IT IS NOT THAT I DON'T WANT TO FETCH THEM. I COMES OUT FROM MY OFFICE 30 MINUTES LATE BECAUSE I HAVE AN IMPORTANT MEETING JUST LIKE YOU! AND THEN, SOMETHING HAPPENED TO ME! AND WHEN I REACH THE KINDERGARTEN, THEY ARE NOT THERE ANYMORE! I TRY TO SEEK FOR THEM. At least, I found them." Hyunseung said and breath heavily because shouting.

Junhyung look at Hyunseung fiercely. Then, the door opened and Dongwoon comes out from the room.

"Hyung.." Dongwoon called. His face look so dull.

"How is my kids Woon?" Junhyung asks.

Dongwoon looks at Junhyung and then at Hyunseung.

"I wouldn't lie Hyung. They are severely been beaten. And I don't think this is some kind of bullies or what. From what I have checked, Jae Hyun's rib is quite broken, but I have done surgery on him. As for Hyun Jun, she broke her hand. Maybe, it will be casted for three months. And, I don't think they will wake up soon. Maybe in two or three days, they will wake up. Depends on them." Dongwoon said and looks down. The other just sigh, Junhyung turn to his boyfriend.

"If anything happens to them, I wouldn't forgive you. And you should know what I mean. They are the most precious person in my life." Junhyung said and went to the kids' ward.

"Hyunseung, don't take it to heart. He is angry. Talk to him when he calm down. You should go home. You look too tired." Yoseob said. Hyunseung nod.

"Its okay Hyunseung, the kids will be fine." Doojoon said and follow Yoseob to the kids' ward.

"Woonie, I will take this witness for a police report. I will come here after this. Hyunseung, be strong." Gikwang said and went away with Suho.

Hyunseung sat on the chair. Dongwoon take a seat beside him.

"Hyunseung, are you really okay?" Dongwoon ask. Hyunseung shook his head. His head was spinning and his eyes were blurry.

'I need to close my eyes to endure the pain.' Hyunseung said and fall onto darkness. Hyunseung's head fall on to Dongwoon's shoulder. Dongwoon look at Hyunseung.

"Hyung, hyung..." Dongwoon slapped Hyunseung's face softly. That's when he realized that the man in front of him fainted. His face was pale, his throat has wound same goes with his shoulder and hand. His nose suddenly bleeding.

"Nurse! Nurse! Please help me!" Dongwoon called and lift Hyunseung in bridal style.

The nurses help Dongwoo to bring the patient to the ward.

The Operating Theatre's light has turned green

|----|

Junhyung stare at his kids pale face. The guilt is eating him slowly. The incident of his wife dying replayed in his mind. How can he be so careless. As a father, he felt he is a useless father. He holds the small hands. He blinked several times to hold his etars but to no avail. It falls down again after a year.
He just couldn't. He just can't bear to lose his kids. They are the only properties that he has.

"Hyun Jun, Jae Hyun, Appa is so sorry. Appa should be responsible. Appa should not let you guys hurt. And yet, Appa abandoned you. Appa is so sorry. Appa don't want to lose you guys. Please be strong my children. Please be strong." Junhyung cried.

Doojoon and Yoseob who entered the ward slowly, walk towards Junhyung.

"I am a failure right? I can't even take care of my wife before. And now, my kids even become like this. All because of this useless man who should have die a long ago. Only if I stop Hyunseung. He must be here right now. Only if I pick them up early, this wouldn't happen."

"Hey Jun. Don't say that. You are not a failure. You know, everything happens for a reason. There must be a reason. You are the best father in the world. Things just happened. It is not your fault. Moreover, you have the new Hyunseung now. You should cherish him. It is not his fault too. Don't blame him. Don't blame yourself. Don't let the second chance slip away. Don't you remember. You got every second chance in your life. Use this chance wisely. Opportunity doesn't always come." Doojoon said. Junhyung nod.

"Where is Hyunseung?" Junhyung ask.

"We don't know. Maybe, he has gone home. He doesn't look that fine. Try to call him." Yoseob said. Junhyung sneezed and fish out his phone. He tried to call the boy several times.

"He doesn't picking up. Maybe, he is angry at me too." Junhyung said.

"Jun, don't worry. You guys will be fine. Ah! I almost forgot! Gikwang and a witness has gone to do the police report. We will catch the culprit." Doojoon said. Junhyung just nod. The door open and Gikwang walks in.

"Hyungs, the police will come when the kids wake up. We have done the report. If the kids wake up, call the police immediately." Gikwang said.

"Thank you Kiki. I am so miserable right now." Junhyung said.

|----|

"What?! My brother! I-I will come right away!" Dongwoo said.

"Hoya, my brother. H-Hyunseung." Dongwoo stammer.

"Wae?" Hoya ask.

"He is in the hospital. L-let's go right now!" Dongwoo said and pull Hoya with him. Hoya drives to the hospital. Without waiting, Dongwoo dash from the car and straight to the ward that he has been informed. He wait impatiently outside the door while bitting his lips.

"Dongwoo, don't be like this. Let's sit first. Calm yourself down. Please. Relax okay. He will be fine. He is strong remember." Hoya said. Dongwoo hug Hoya immediately.

"No Hoya. I can't afford losing Hyunseung. He is the only one I have now. After my parents, I only have you two. I can't afford losing any of you." Dongwoo said.

Hoya can't help but simpathy. He knew, Dongwoo love Hyunseung so much.

Dongwoon comes out and to his shock, he met Dongwoo's eyes.

'Son Dongwoon'

"H-How is my brother?" Dongwoo ask. Dongwoon sigh.

"He  was stabbed at the hand and shoulder. And due to much of moving and he didn't treat his wound earlier, he lose too much blood and the wound become severe. His tissue is ripped due too much moving, and, we afraid he will be infected because the wound has been kept for too long. And, he wouldn't wake up any sooner. Please be patient." Dongwoon said. Dongwoo and Hoya nod.

"Can we see him now?" Hoya ask. Dongwoon nod and gives a faint smile. Hoya walks in while Dongwoo stay.

"If anything just, call me." Dongwoon said and want to walk away when Dongwoo whisper..

'I know everything, Dongwoon ssi' And he went inside, not before sending shiver down to Dongwoon's spine.