Chapter 36

(ED. C4) SEIJIRA ACADEMY 세이지라 아카데미
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               “Mi Yeon,” I felt a hand gently patting my head. “Wake up.”

 

                I opened my eyes and immediately noticed that the vehicle is no longer moving. Rubbing my eyes, I saw Luhan watching me as I get the fuzziness out of my head.

               

                "What?”  I finally asked him.

                “Nothing,” he said, smiling at me. “I’m just thinking how I shouldn’t have the need to wake you up. You looked absolutely in peace.”

                “You did, though,” I said, yawning. “Are we already at Myeong-dong?”

                “Yes,” It was Kyungsoo who answered me. “Actually, we’re a block away from the whole place, we need to walk from here.”

                “Chanyeol and the others?” I asked.

                “They’re already on foot, just looking around,” Kyungsoo answered me. “We haven’t decided yet where to meet exactly.”

               

                Right at that moment, Xiumin slid the door open and hopped off the van. Kyungsoo and Sehun followed. Luhan smiled at me then, took his backpack and got off too but I faced the driver first before going down myself.

               

                “Ahjussi, kamsahamnida,” I said.

                He nodded at me in acknowledgement. “Go save the world, kid.”

               

                I thanked him once more before proceeding to where the others are standing. As soon as I slid the door shut, the engine started and soon the van is speeding off. That’s it. The last thing that anyone would do anything for us.

 

                The feeling of being outside the school is now just sinking in.

 

                “Let’s go,” Luhan said, placing a hand on my shoulder. 

                “Right.”

 

                We turned around a corner and was suddenly welcomed by the bustling of the city people and combinations of loud music coming from different shops. It was no joke, really, the fact that Myeong-dong is crowded. The place felt so alive and so colorful, like there’s no room to get sad or even to become a worrywart. It was such a stark contrast from the vibe in Seijira Academy that I suddenly had the urge to run and go shopping, a feat that would make Sehun snort for real. I don’t know, it’s just that I haven’t been to Myeong-dong a lot of times before since it’s really far from home. Plus, I’m not a person who goes shopping a lot. I only buy clothes when needed. This place I've only heard through news reports and accounts of Seohyun who goes here frequently with Yonghwa.

 

                “Did you leave your things in the van?” Sehun broke my trail of thoughts. “Why are you not carrying anything?”

               

                I looked at him only to find out that everyone else is looking at me. Right, I haven’t told them a single thing.

 

                “Uhm…” I said, deciding what words I’ll use to start my story. “I’ve actually gotten a few things from the faculty members when we talked about the plan. I haven’t really paid attention to those stuff so I forgot to tell you about this. But I’ve tried to use one. It’s recommended by the headmaster himself.”

 

                From inside my coat, I pulled my necklace just enough for them to see. It got tangled with the one Kris gave me before, the hour glass necklace, so it got pulled out too. But I pick the other one to show them. This other necklace is a little more ancient looking, bronze in color. Hanging from the metal chain is a miniature bag with that very same tint.

 

                “Is that…” Xiumin trailed off, his eyes got a bit wider.

                I flicked the metal bag with my forefinger, letting it fly off the chain like it was not attached in the first place. I then held out my hand as if to catch it and before them, it turned into a real bag, pink in color and a whole lot heavy. 

                “Woah!” Xiumin exclaimed.

                “Duirean invention,” I said, grinning at him.

                Kyungsoo walked forward and looked at my neck. “Does it not feel heavy at all?”

                “No,” I said, looking at my neck too. There isn’t a single mark. “I feel like I’m just wearing a strap of cloth.”

                “Can you hang in other things, like our bags for example?” Xiumin asked.

                “I never really tried doing it with other’s stuff but,” I said. “Give me that.” I said pointing at his back pack.

                Xiumin obliged happily, but not before he took some money in the bag.  As soon he let go of his hold on it, I immediately felt how heavy it is. Do all their bags feel as heavy as this?

 

                I looked at Luhan only to see that he has his hands on both of his jeans pockets, watching me calmly. There’s no way his bag is as heavy as this because he wouldn’t be able to be as calm as that if so.

 

                “Ok, here goes,” I said. I held the bag away from me through my outstretched arms. I closed my eyes in concentration then threw the bag as strong as I could muster back to my face. I’m sure if this was an ordinary feat, it would make me fall to the ground and probably never wake up for the rest of the day. But since I have something magical in me, before the bag could hit my face, white light suddenly blinded us and before we could tell for sure what happened, another minature bag attached itself on my chain. I sighed in relief. Thank Seijira it worked.

 

                “That’s awesome,” Xiumin exclaimed. 

                “I can keep it,” I said. “Unless you need to get something else?”

                Xiumin patted his pocket and said, “I’m all set.”

               I let out a short chuckle.  “Anyone else who wants to get out of their luggage?”

               

                “I’ll carry mine,” Kyungsoo told me as Sehun just shrugged.

                I looked at Luhan and he only said, “It’d be weird if a man doesn’t carry anything.”

                I scoffed at this whilst Xiumin spoke, “Are you trying to imply something?”

                “I’m not saying your gay,” Luhan said with fake innocence. 

                “Mwo?” Xiumin said. I laughed at him.

                “What’s that hourglass?” Luhan said, looking at me as I try to put the necklaces back behind my clothes.

                “This?” I said, holding it up. “Kris gave this to me.”

                “When?” Luhan asked suspiciously. 

                “Just one night, when he’s guarding my door,” I lied, I don’t know why I did it but I seemed to convince him anyway. “It’s just a sign of his allegiance to me. You know, his duire being all about time control.”

                “I see,” Luhan said, eventhough I’m not quite sure about that last part I uttered. I really don’t know how the hourglass works but I think it can be used. Kris said so himself, but he didn’t tell me exactly the purpose of it or how to use it.

 

                Anyway, I halted my curiosity then so we could get going. 

 

                We walked and walked until we found ourselves in front of Starbucks Coffee, all the while getting amazed by the beauty of Myeongdong. However, there was one problem I kept on noticing. It’s true that it would really be a hard time for the enemy to track us here, but these guys I’m walking with are attracting too much attention. I mean, I’m standing beside Luhan and that doesn't need more explanation. Xiumin is placed on my other side and everybody knows he’s a cutie even though he is small. The same goes for D.O. Sehun, well, I’ve said this before but he really looks like an ice prince which girls are so crazy for.  In fact, eventhough I can see that he’s not paying any attention to the surroundings, he’s attracting the most number of girls with his height and sharp features. I even heard a couple of girls talking about him being some sort of ulzzang. There was even a conversation accusing Sehun as part of a KPOP group.  Basically, I’m hearing giggles all around me, and receiving a bunch of not-so-hideous glances and glares. 

 

               At first, I thought I could deal with it, but when someone PURPOSELY bumped into Luhan, my head got really hot.

 

                “Okay,” I said out loud, facing them. “This is definitely not working."

                “What is?” Xiumin asked me curiously. I watched as all their faces show how they think I’m weird. Only Sehun of course, didn’t give out that expression. Nevertheless, he looked at me like I’m talking nonsense.

 

                That's when I sighed exasperatedly. How can you not know how guys are so dense, Mi Yeon? I feel like rolling my eyes at them. 

 

                “We need to split up,” I declared. “Walking like this is a little bit too attention-grabbing.”

                “So many people are walking in groups, though,” Xiumin said, still unaware of the fact that girls are practically squealing their heads off.

             

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter