▸ t h i r t y - t w o

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan's vacation house in Jeju Island was astonishing. It was grand and I couldn't help myself in awe. The moment we arrived, my tiredness was washed away. I have a great feeling that I will enjoy the three days of staying here. The big house has a pool in it. But Luhan promised me to tour me out and I'm really happy. Not to mention excited.

 

My first day in Jeju was tiring yet exciting. Luhan indeed kept his promise. We'd gone from her to there, almost everywhere, but I didn't complain. I promise to myself I'd bring HaeSeok here with me some other time.

 

"Did you have fun today?" Luhan hugged me from behind while we were at the balcony. In front of us was the over-looking calmed sea and it just took my breath away. It was already twilight and the sky above us were kind of pink in colour.

 

"Of course I did." I cooed as I rested my head on his shoulder. "Thanks for bringing me here." I felt him kissed my hair so I closed my eyes for a bit. Then I pulled myself away from his arms only to face him. For a moment I thought I saw sadness in his eyes. But maybe it was just my imagination.

 

"You must go to bed now. Tomorrow's another day." He kissed me on the forehead. "You go ahead, I'll just take a shower first." He said and I nodded. When he went to the bathroom, I left the balcony and closed the doors behind me. As I crawled to bed, I remember I haven't called HaeSeok the entire day I suddenly felt so bad. And I'm really missing his voice.

 

I reached out for my phone on the bedside table and called Minseok. It took three rings before he picked it up.

 

"Haekyung-ah?" I heard him said from the other line. My heart annoyingly skipped a beat from hearing his voice.

 

I cleared my throat. "Minseok-ah? Is HaeSeok still awake?"

 

"Oh, yeah. You'd like to talk to him?"

 

"Yes. May I?"

 

"Sure, of course." He said. "I'll just call him." I heard him calling HaeSeok and seconds later, my son greeted me with his usual squeaky voice. For a moment, I wanted to fly back to Seoul just to see him. I know I must enjoy myself here but I just couldn't wait for the day to get home. We chatted for a while. And as we talked, I can feel Minseok's presence near HaeSeok, probably listening to our conversation. But I can't be sure.

 

As I finally bid goodbye to HaeSeok, I know that he gave the phone back to Minseok. I could hear his faint breathing on the other line.

 

"M-Minseok?"

 

"I thought you'll gonna end the call." He said.

 

"Um, I hope HaeSeok didn't bother you that much." It was the only I could say.

 

He chuckled. "No, he didn't. In fact, he helped me cleaned my office today."

 

A soft laugh escaped my lips. "That's good to hear."

 

"Yeah..."

 

Awkward silence followed.

 

I cleared my throat, the same moment as he did the same.

 

"You must probably tired..." He said. "You should rest now. Goodnight."

 

"Um, yeah. G-Goodnight, Minseok-ah."

 

"Goodnight..." I waited for him to cut the call but I guess he wanted me to do

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter