▸ f o u r t e e n

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You are lucky to have a son like him," Minseok muttered all of a sudden as we watched HaeSeok and Luhan skating in the ice rink. I couldn't move a muscle. I just remain myself staring at my son and Luhan enjoying themselves on the rink. "I should've known that you're the mother. He's a great child." He continued like he didn't realize what was happening to me at this moment. "Look, I'm really sorry about what I've said before about your son. I deeply apologize, Haekyung ssi."

 

That was when I turned my head to look at him.

 

"You're forgiven." I said at last. "I understand your outburst that day. And I'm partly to be blamed too...about the accident. I shouldn't have let go of HaeSeok's hand."

 

"Hey, it's all in the past. We can't undo what has happened." He said.

 

"But we could've prevented it—"

 

"As I've said it's all in the past. And even if you're not there and HaeSeok, Hyemi will still probably die." He said and I can see that look of pain in his eyes. He must probably still loved his wife. "Something went wrong with her car brakes. She was having a hard time controlling it. I should've checked it before I let her used it that day." He said as he looked away. There was a short silence followed.

 

"Still, I'm sorry." I said, breaking that awkward silence. He looked at me once again and smiled. My heart leapt for a moment. Oh God. How I miss that smile so much. I could stare at him for days.

 

But the reality hit me hard. I couldn't do that anymore. I don't own his heart and I don't even have any place in it, even a tiniest place inside his heart.

 

"So, tell me about HaeSeok." He muttered and it snagged the air I breathed in my throat. "Is he really that hyper? Ha-ha! He's the cutest kid I've ever seen."

 

I couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, he's really hyper. But even though he's like that, he's a good kid."

 

"Oh, I can tell."

 

"And he's very talkative. But I'm not complaining. I love listening to him for hours." All of a sudden, I couldn't stop my mouth. I'm always been like this whenever my son is the topic of the conversation.

 

Minseok laughed. "Yeah, me too. He talks alot. He's the reason why I love to visit the day-care center."

 

That shut me up. "Y-You always do visit the center? Just because of him?" I asked him.

 

"Yeah. He's too adorable. If only I could have a son, I want it to be him." He chuckled.

 

"You have no child?" I asked even before I could stop myself. "I'm sorry for asking you a private question. You don't need to answer that." I said as I held my eyes down on my fidgeting fingers.

 

"No, it's okay." He said. "Sad to say, Hyemi couln't bear me a child. She's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter