▸ t w e n t y - e i g h t

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I woke up with an awful pain in my entire body. It was like I was beaten up to death. I heard unfamiliar voices and that was when I remember what happened to me. I was about to scream but realized I couldn't. They covered my mouth with a tape to muffle the voices that would come out from my throat. My hands were tied together behind my back, as well as they tied my feet together. I was sitting on a chair but I don't feel comfortable at all.

 

The worse thing was that I couldn't feel my phone in my pocket. Then I remember I dropped it somewhere inside the car. I just hope Minseok will track me down through the GPS device. But the phone's not with me. It may not be able to help me.

 

"Oh, she's awake." The two guys saw me and smiled. It was the creepiest smile I've ever seen that the hair on my nape straightened up in a bad way. "Are you having a good dream while sleeping?" They let out a sickening chuckle.

 

"Too bad the reality is a nightmare," one guy said as they both squatted in front of me. He reached out to touch my face but I tried my best to tilt my head away. "Since our boss isn't here yet, I think we should play with her for a bit." The two guys were now talking with each other.

 

My heart was pumping wild against my chest I could almost hear the constant beating of it. Like it just jumped in my throat.

 

"Ms Shin, are you bored? Because if you are, we prepared a nice little game for you. Don't worry, you'll enjoy it." They reached for my blouse and tried to open it. I screamed but it was no use. The tape was muffling any voice that would come out from my mouth. The chair I was sitting almost fell back when I was fighting with all the strenghts I could give.

 

"Aw, c'mon on. Don't be such a hard-to-get. You'll really enjoy this."

 

They tried to rip my blouse and two buttons came off. Tears filled my eyes but I know I must not lose hope. None of these guys could ruin the all of me.

 

"What are you two doing?" An angry female voice boomed behind them. I couldn't see who it was but my ears twitched as I found the voice familiar. The two jerks jumped away from me as they said 'boss' and I gasped as I finally saw who it was. I was right—Hwang Eun Mi.

 

 

 

I should have known. This was all Eun Mi's plan. I should have known that behind that sophisticated look was an evil heart. All this time, she was wearing a mask. A dirty and awful mask. She even had the guts to walk towards me after her tentacles apologized to her. A victorious smirk was visible on her face. She should be thankful that I was tied up because if I weren't, I'd surely give her a powerful blow on the face her pretty skull would crack.

 

"Hello, Haekyung." She greeted but I just glared. "Already peed your pants?" She took the tape harshly off from covering my mouth but I ignored the throbbing pain of what she just did.

 

"Why are you doing this, Eun Mi?" Instead, I asked her with my eyes still giving her sharp looks.

 

"I told you to leave Minseok alone, remember? But you didn't listen to me. I told you I can do something you can't do. And this is it." She said. "You shouldn't have messed with me in the first place, Haekyung. This is all your fault because you're such a hard-headed. Now you'll end up just like Minseok's wife."

 

My eyebrows met from what I've just heard from her. "What do you mean?" To be frank, I didn't like the words that were coming out from . It was like she was hiding something.

 

Then the image of her talking to a guy in the hospital came to my mind. My eyes immediately looked at the two guys on the side and gasped. One of them was the same guy I saw Eun Mi was talking with outside Hyemi's room.

 

Eun Mi laughed. "You'll end up dead just like Minseok's wife."

 

A scenario appeared inside my mind like a vision but I'm not sure. I gulped. "L-Like your sister?"

 

She shook her head. "Step-sister. Hyemi's not my real sister. In fact, we're not related at all." She said as she motioned for a chair. One guy summoned one and brought it to her. She sat on it, facing me. "I'm adopted. Mom and dad thought they can't bear a child so they took me from the orphanage. I have all the things in the world until Hyemi, the real daughter who really came from my mother's womb, came and took it all." Eun Mi's face was showing anger and bitterness. Not to mention jealousy.

 

Everything was clear to me now. Like a connect-the-dots game. "Y-You killed her." It was a statement, not a question.

 

She smirked. "Yes, I did. But not in my own hands. Someone did twea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter