▸ e i g h t e e n

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been three days since the last time I saw Luhan. I don't know if he's still interested in me after knowing everything about me. I remember when I told him, I couldn't seem to read his mind. He looked confused and unsure. If he decided to stop pursuing me, I understand. It was his choice. After all, I made him choose. Telling him everything about me was for the better. Yes, I've done the right thing.

 

It took me off guard when he knew it was Minseok. But then he told me that he already suspected that HaeSeok was Minseok long lost son. When we bumped into Minseok while I was with him, he clearly saw my reaction that I have something with his cousin. And when I said the 'amnesia' word, he knew right then and there that he wasn't wrong at all with his suspicion.

 

If that so, then why was he acting like he doesn't want me now? He should've stopped himself from liking me in the first place. I just don't get him.

 

"Earth to Haekyung," Kyungri muttered, breaking into my reverie.

 

I blinked. "What?"

 

"I'm almost done with my bubble tea while you, you haven't touched yours yet." She told me. "What's the matter?"

 

I shook my head. "Nope, there's nothing wrong."

 

"You're not a good liar yourself. I know you so damn well, Haekyung-ah."

 

I sighed. I realized there are things I haven't told her yet. Like Luhan, for example. As well as Minseok finally knowing about our past and HaeSeok. Next time, I'll tell her. "I swear it's nothing. Don't you believe me when I say there's nothing wrong with me?"

 

"No."

 

"Ouch." I snorted. "But seriously, I'm fine."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

"Yeah." I told her.

 

"Okay. You said so." She said. "Anyway, I'll go ahead. I still need to withdraw from the bank. I've got no money now. I'm broke." She pouted at me as she stood from her chair.

 

I laughed. "Poor you. Ha-ha! See you later." I waved before Kyungri walked towards the door. I sighed as I started to sip on my bubble tea. This time, I really want to finish it. I want to get back to the office immediately.

 

"Mind if I join you?"

 

I looked up to see the owner of that familiar voice. "L-Luhan?"

 

 

 

He was smiling now at me as if there's nothing awkward happened to us days ago. But somehow, I'm happy that he's here already. I set my bubble tea aside as I looked at him in the eye. I really want to know about his intentions now. "Luhan, I—"

 

“I'm sorry about my stupid reaction." He cut me off instead. "And I'm sorry for not showing up for the past three days, I was just really busy. But I want you to know that I still like you, Haekyung-ah. Nothing could ever change that."

 

"Y-You still do?"

 

"Yes." He smiled at me and I could see the sincerity in his eyes. "About my reaction when you told me the whole story, I admit I was confused. Not confuse of my feelings for you, but I'm confuse if you still love Minseok despite everything." He said and I took a small gasp from what he said. "I'm not sure if you're ready to be in a new relationship. And I want to know now, Haekyung-ah. From you."

 

I was silent for a moment and I could feel him waiting for me to say something. I heaved a deep sigh before I placed my hands over his. "I like you too, Luhan. At first, I'm trying to convince myself that I only like you as a friend. But it's different now. Minseok is part of my past now. He's just no one but a father to HaeSeok, that's all. And if ever I want to be in a new relationship? I want it to be with you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter