▸ e l e v e n

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I felt the ground shaking beneath me. Not because there was an earthquake or something. But because I didn't expect this. Luhan and Minseok knew each other. How on earth is this happening? The fate is clearly toying with me. I badly want to disappear from this place and at this moment. How I wished none of this is happening.

 

"Haekyung-ah, this is Minseok, my cousin." Luhan said. Cousin. Minseok's his cousin. "Minseok-ah, this is Haekyung. A close of friend of mine."

 

From the faint light that surrounded us, I could see Minseok's eyes on me. And from the look he was giving me, I can tell that he remembered me. The way his eyebrows met as he looked at me, I can tell it. I couldn't meet his eyes so I held my head down, waiting for this moment to be over.

 

"Nice meeting you, Haekyung ssi." He said. I looked up back in time to see him bowing his head.

 

"N-Nice meeting you too, Minseok ssi." I slipped his name softly from my lips.

 

"I'll go now." Minseok said, probably to Luhan. "I don't want to disturb your night." He ended it with a chuckle. But still I couldn't meet his eyes. I remained my head held on the ground. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him giving Luhan a pat on the back before he went away. We both continued walking but I remained silent. Luhan noticed my silence the moment we reached my car in the parking lot.

 

"Is everything okay?" He asked me.

 

I nodded as I leaned against my car, my knees were surprisingly weak. But why would I be surprised? I shouldn't be. After all, this would always be my reaction whenever I see him—the man I couldn't forget.

 

"I-I'm fine," I tried to stable my voice by clearing my throat. "Why would you ask?"

 

"You suddenly turn quiet." He said.

 

I fixed a smile. "Don't worry about me. I'm just tired and sleepy already, nothing else."

 

Luhan smiled, looking relieved. "Well then, let's call it a night."

 

I smiled, this time a genuine one. "Yeah. Thanks again for this night, Luhan. I really enjoyed it." I said with all honesty. I did really enjoy this night. But it kind of ruined a bit when Minseok appeared and was introduced as Luhan's cousin. What a small world indeed.

 

"My pleasure," He replied, breaking into my reverie. "Will there be a second time?" He shyly asked and I almost chuckle.

 

"Yes. If you'll just ask me." I said causing him to give me that lovely grin of his.

 

"How about this Saturday then?"

 

I found myself laughing softly. "Yes, of course."

 

His grin became wonder. "Great. See you next Saturday then."

 

I smiled once again before I slid myself inside the car. As I brought the engine to life, I could only sigh in relief from the tension I felt moments ago. Slowly, my face broke into a sob. I was thankful for the tainted window of my car, or else Luhan would see me crying.

 

 

 

“What's wrong, mama?" HaeSeok asked me out of the blue. We were lying on his bed and I was helping him to fall asleep but all of a sudden he threw that question at me.

 

"Of course I'm fine, HaeSeok-ah." I told him. "Why do you ask?"

 

"Nothing. I just feel like you're sad, mama." He said. "Ever since you came to fetch me, you seem sad. I wonder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter