▸ f o u r

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What?” Kyungri gaped at  me as if she couldn't believe what I told her. "Did you see HaeSeok's father once again? You two met again?" She leaned closer on the table, her eyes were wide as she gaped at me.

 

I gulped as I put down my coffee back on the table. "You heard it right. I saw him again."

 

"Oh my God." Kyungri gasped. "Did you tell him about HaeSeok?"

 

I shook my head. "I didn't tell him yet."

 

"But why?"

 

"Because he doesn't remember me at all." I told her and she gasped. Of course, Kyungri knew about Minseok way before. She's my best friend since we were kids. Although she spent most of her time in the city because of her work, still we spend time with each other on the phone and when I met Minseok, I didn't hesitate to tell her. She knew everything about me and Minseok.

 

"He doesn't remember you? I thought he knew you right after he got his memories back?" She asked.

 

"I thought so, too." I said. "But then, it's been four years Kyungri-ah. He probably forgot about me. I am just a no one for him." I felt a stab in my chest once again as I said the words. It was painful. I had to blink back my tears so it won't show up.

 

"Haekyung-ah." Kyungri reached for my hand and squeezed it. A look of worry was visible on her beautiful face.

 

Feigning a smile on my face, I looked at her. "I'm okay, Kyungri-ah. I'll be fine." I told her. "I'm going to tell him about HaeSeok. Soon. For the sake of my son. Not because of...of everything else."

 

"Haekyung-ah..."

 

"I'm not going to live up on my hope that someday we could be together." I gulped the thousands of lump inside my throat. "I don't want to keep my hopes up and ended up with nothing."

 

"I understand what you mean, Haekyung-ah." She squeezed my hands again as if to comfort me. To be honest, it's what I needed the most right now.

 

"Thank you for always being here with me, Kyungri-ah."

 

"I'm always here for you, Haekyung-ah, remember that. I'm always the shoulder you can cry on." She said, smiling at me. I couldn't help but smile back.

 

"Thank you," I said once again as I wiped the corner of my eyes.

 

"I wonder where's Minseok's wife though." She muttered out of nowhere after sipping her coffee. "Did you see her?" She asked me. and I nodded. I forgot I didn't tell her about his wife. "What? You met Minseok's wife?"

 

I nodded again. "Well, not really like I actually met her. It's, um, it's really complicated, Kyungri-ah."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

I gulped first before I went on. "T-The driver of that car I told you about? I-It's a woman. And she's...she's Minseok's wife."

 

"Oh my God." Kyungri clasped with her hands. "How did you know about it? Are you sure?"

 

"I-I'm sure." I told her. "That day I went back to the hospital after lunch? That was when I met Minseok. The same day and moment I knew she's Minseok's wife. Oh God." I muttered as I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. "I remember the look on his face that day when he found out I was the reason why his wife was in the hospital. He's awfully mad at me, Kyungri-ah. His eyes...his glaring looks could kill me right then and there, if that was even possible. He hates me now."

 

"I can't believe this," Kyungri muttered. "Why must be fate is so harsh on you?"

 

Sniffing back my tears, I tried to answer her. "I-I don't know, Kyungri-ah. I don't know." I said, the same moment I felt someone's arms wrapped around me. It was Kyungri's. Right there at the restaurant, Kyungri hugged me as I cried.

 

 

 

It was three-ten in the afternoon and I sneaked out during our lunch break to come here in the hospital. There's something inside me that pulled me to be here. Kyungri knew about my little escape and she wanted to come with me but I refused. Instead, I asked her to cover me up in case our boss would ask if where I am.

 

I was walking down the hall of the third floor towards the room of Minseok's wife. It was silly of me to come here without anything in my hands. I don't know what happened to me, what forced me to drive here in an instant.

 

Room 304. It was the right room. I stood there like a zombie right outside the door. I raised my hand and was abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter