▸ t h i r t y

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The park was almost packed with families wanting to bond together. Not far from where we settled was a lake. HaeSeok was dying to take a dip in it the moment we arrived. And since I wasn't ready for the 'swimming in the lake' thing, HaeSeok was accompied by his grandfather. Soon enough, Mrs Kim followed them as she couldn't hold herself watching them having fun. I was left with Minseok and I haven't still recovered from the fiasco last night caused by our little devil.

 

I cleared my throat and I heard him doing the same thing. I hate myself for not being able to lift my gaze. I'm acting awkward and I don't like it one bit. So then I decided to just ignore his presence. I fished out everything in the basket and placed them on the blanket. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Minseok took a piece of clubhouse sandwich but still I chose not to say a word.

 

"Hmm, this tastes good. You made this?" He asked that made me frozen temporarily. I know he was just trying to make a conversation.

 

Because my parents brought me up well, I decided to respond. I looked at him, but only for a second because I chose to look away in an instant. "Um, yeah. I-I'm glad you like it."

 

He chuckled that made me looked at him once again. "It's really delicious and I'm not kidding."

 

A grin formed from my lips. "Thanks."

 

"Why don't you try some?" He said then handed me a piece of clubhouse sandwich. I took it from his hand and started eating. I smiled at him when I noticed him looking at me as if he was waiting for my reaction or something. He smiled back like he was pleased at my reaction. "Want some juice? Or you prefer water?"

 

"Water, please." I said despite myself. I'm wondering why he was suddenly acting like this. Or maybe because he just don't want me to be awkward in his presence. Yeah, maybe that was it. Soon enough, he poured a water in a glass for me. I muttered my thanks and went silent for a moment as I continued eating. He, too, went silent as well. From the corner of my eyes, I saw him watching his son and his parents from afar.

 

I cleared my throat. "You'll gonna be okay when they'll leave?" I asked and he looked at me. "I mean your parents."

 

He smiled. "Of course I will. I got used to it." He said with a shrug. Though I saw in his face that he was telling the truth. "I'm gonna miss them of course. But we always stay in touch."

 

"Oh." I said as I nodded my head.

 

"Hm, does that mean you actually care for me?" He was teasing when I looked at him. A small gasp escaped my lips. When he saw my reaction, he laughed. I fought the urge to blush. "I was just kidding." He said with a grin as he looked away. I wanted to pinch myself for the weird feeling inside of me. No, this shouldn't be.

 

Thankful that he looked away, I took the remaining part of the sandwich into my mouth nervously. I realized my hands were silently shaking.

 

"Haekyung-ah..."

 

I whirled my head even before I could stop myself. "Hmm?"

 

To my surprise, he reached out and swept my bangs away from my face to tuck it behind my ear. I didn't expect such gesture so I was completely surprised. I couldn't move a muscle nor speak up. My lips were softly quivering I realized. He was looking intently into my eyes that made me drawn to him as well. I noticed him getting closer but I didn't even try to move or flinch a little. I don't know what's on his mind and I don't want to assume either.

 

He's getting closer and closer....until we heard someone clearing his throat. I turned and gasped.
 

 

 

 

“Luhan!" I abruptly jumped away from Minseok and stumbled up. It was like someone had splashed an ice-cold water on me. From the look Luhan was giving Minseok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter