▸ t h i r t y - o n e

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mr and Mrs Kim hugged me and rained kisses on HaeSeok once again. It was like they don't want to leave Seoul just yet. From the looks of it, I know they'll gonna miss HaeSeok and my heart twitched because of that. "Take care of Minseok for me." Mrs Kim told me and I don't know what to respond. Thankfully, Mr Kim hushed his wife. She then beamed at me. "I was just kidding. What I really meant is, take care of  HaeSeok."

 

I smiled. "I will always take care of him, I can assure you that." She hugged me once again and I looked at Minseok over her shoulder. I found him smiling. I couldn't help but smile back. Soon enough, they started to walk off when their flight was announced. HaeSeok didn't cry but I can see the loneliness in his eyes.

 

"Are you gonna be okay?" I asked Minseok afterwards.

 

He smiled at me. "Of course."

 

I sighed. "Okay, then. I'll just leave HaeSeok to you so you won't feel alone or sad." I said but he laughed. Not a devilish laugh but it was an amused one. "Am I joking here?" I couldn't help myself from asking.

 

Still grinning, he replied. "No, seriously. But I'm glad to take HaeSeok with me tonight. Thanks for the concern, Haekyung-ah." He said and I smiled. "C'mon, I'll drive you home."

 

I shook my head. "Don't bother, I'll be fine. And besides, I'm going to see Luhan."

 

"Oh." He said and I didn't know what his 'oh' meant. But then I don't want to assume about something that didn't even exist.

 

I cleared my throat. "About what happened yesterday at the picnic, I'm really sorry Minseok-ah. I totally ruined the day for you. I'm sorry."

 

He raised my chin up but withdrew his hand when he noticed my sudden flinch from the contact of our skin. His eyes radiating an apology as if he himself didn't know why he did that. "No need to be sorry." He said afterwards. "It's not your fault."

 

"But it did spoiled the fun." I said softly.

 

"Don't be too hard on yourself, okay?" He was smiling at me and I felt a warm feeling embracing me. I don't know what it is but I welcomed the feeling though. "Now should I drive you to his office or...?" He laughed. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't ask that. C'mon, I'll drive you. I insist."

 

Smiling, I shook my head. "I really don't want to be a bother."

 

"No, you're not."

 

"But still." I smiled. "But thanks, really. I appreciate it, Minseok-ah but I really don't want to bother you. Don't worry, I'll be fine. If you want, I'll just call you if something goes wrong.

 

He nodded. "And call me if you arrive in his office safe and sound."

 

I nodded. "Okay, I will." I said then I looked at HaeSeok. "Bye, baby. Behave okay? Don't stress your father out."

 

"Yes, Mama." He replied. I leaned down and kissed him before I said goodbye. I smiled to Minseok once again. He smiled back, showing his teeth. We both walked out of the airport but he didn't drive off until I got myself a cab. As the taxi drove away, I looked out the window and waved goodbye.

 

 

 

I inhaled a heavy breath as I held my hand closer to the door of Luhan's office ready to knoch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter