▸ f i v e

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It’s been three weeks already since that incident in the cemetery and I have no news about Minseok. I never saw him since that day. Not that I still want to see him. No. I've had enough. Maybe it's better this way—that he doesn't know about HaeSeok. After all, he didn't even remember me. But then I feel like my heart is being crushed inside. HaeSeok has to know about his father. He's been longing for a father's affection ever since. I can't be harsh and hide the truth from him, can I? But how can I do that if Minseok despised me?

 

The car behind me honked that made me jumped. I cast an apologetic look through the rearview mirror, as if the driver can see me. I spaced out once again and didn't realize the traffic sign already changed to the green sign. I let out a sigh as I moved the car.

 

I arrived in the office just right on time. Kyungri smiled at me when she saw me. "Still driving HaeSeok to the day-care center?" She asked.

 

"Yeah." I replied, smiling. I acknowledged the presence of our co-worker as well.

 

"Good morning, Haekyung-ah." Saem greeted.

 

"Good morning," I greeted back. "Where's Erin? Late again?" I meant our other co-worker. The four of us were the only hired physiotherapists in the building. We take turns in taking our patients.

 

Saem laughed. "Yeah. You know her. That girl's never been early. She's always late." She was right. I chuckled, the same moment the door opened and Erin appeared, panting like she had gone to a marathon. We all laughed at her like she was almost fainting.

 

"If there's a best runner in the four of us, it would be Erin." Kyungri muttered.

 

 

 

“He seems interested in you," Kyungri wriggled her eyebrows at me and I just laughed it off. She meant our new client who just walked out of the door. She elbowed me when I kept on writing on the record book in front of me. "Are you listening to me? I said, Mr Choi fancy you." She repeated.

 

"Of course I'm listening. I'm just not interested in him." I told her.

 

"What?" She gaped at me. "This is the perfect time to move on, Haekyung-ah. This is the perfect time to forget about Minseok."

 

I sighed, suddenly feeling tired. I seriously don't want to argue with her right now. "Kyungri-ah, I don't want to talk about this right now okay? Please, let's just drop this subject."

 

"The guy can't stop asking about you," Saem muttered as she appeared from the room. She was the one who attended the client even though I was aware that he wanted me as his physiotherapist. "He knows your name by the way, I told him. He asks for your number but I thought it's kind of inappropriate. If he wants your number, he must ask it from you."

 

I smiled at that. "Thanks, Saem."

 

"So are you go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter