▸ t w e n t y - f i v e

Reminiscence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“This is one of the best days ever," I cooed as I snuggled closer to Luhan's chest. Because I feel so bad about what happened to us days ago, I wanted to make it up to him so I prepared something for us to share together. Ever since I was a kid, I really wanted to try what it's like on a night picnic. I think it's the perfect time to do it, of course together with him. "Hmm, can you wrap your arms tighter around me? I still feel cold." I told him and he chuckled.

 

"So you're clearly enjoying your make-shift comforter, huh." He muttered as he tightened his arms around me.

 

A soft purr came out from my throat. "Yeah. I'm totally enoying this." I looked up and met his eyes. I found him grinning from ear to ear. He chuckled as he planted a soft kiss on my forehead. "Why, are you not enjoying this?"

 

"Of course, I do." He said before he looked up. I looked at the direction he was looking. "Look at that stars. It's forming a heart." He pointed a couple of stars and it really did form a heart. He connected the stars to show me.

 

"You're being cheesy right now, don't you know that?" I giggled. A snort was strangled in his throat as he tickled me on the waist. "Stop it! Are you trying to kill me? Luhan!" I said as I pushed my hand away. He finally stopped but I managed to slap his arms as hard as I could.

 

"Ow!"

 

I laughed. "That's your price for tickling me."

 

I squealed when he caught me in his arms, pulling me with him as he laid down the blanket. His chest was automatically my make-shift pillow. He had his one hand on my head, caressing my hair. We were both silent for a moment but it wasn't awkward at all. It was still romantic for me. Me and him...under the starry sky, I couldn't ask for more.

 

"Haekyung-ah?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Will you go with me tomorrow? Uh, some place I want to visit."

 

"Sure, I'll go with you. Where is that place?"

 

"You'll see," he told me.

 

I grinned. "Is it a surprise?"

 

"Yeah..."

 

"Okay. I'll go with you..." I repeated as I looked at him. He smiled and I smiled back.

 

 

 

“Faster, mama! Come on. Let's go, let's go!" HaeSeok was pulling me with him while I can't even take a step with my own feet. We've just arrived outside Minseok's house. He called me this afternoon that his parents had finally arrived and that they wanted to see HaeSeok and me. I know I promised to come over but right now I wanted to disappear so badly. I realized I'm not ready to meet anyone in his family. I'm afraid of criticisms and raising of eyebrows the moment they'll see me.

 

I pulled HaeSeok, the moment the front door opened. I gasped.

 

"Papa!" HaeSeok called out before he let go of my hand and ran towards his father.

 

"Hey," Minseok smiled at me. I stretched my lips into a forced smile. My teeth were quivering not from the cold but because of the nervousness I'm feeling. "How long have you been here outside?" He asked.

 

"We've just arrived, Papa." HaeSeok replied.

 

"Really? Come on in then."

 

"Is grandma and grandpa waiting for me inside, Papa?" HaeSeok asked him and I almost fall on my knees. If I have a heart failure, I must have been dying right now.

 

"Yes, they are baby." Minseok ruffled his hair. "And they are waiting for you since they arrived this morning."

 

"Yehey!" HaeSeok clapped his hands together. "Let's go inside, Mama. I can't wait to meet Papa's parents." He said excitedly. I was about to reply but then I was frozen on my feet. I can't move. I was immobile.

 

Right behind Minseok appeared a woman in her early fifties and a man in his late fifties. His parents. I knew it. I expected an old woman with gray hair though. His mother had this sophisticated look, as well as his father. Their overall appearance was enough for me to feel intimidated.

 

"HaeSeok-ah?" Minseok's mom looked down at my son. I could see the smile on her face from where I stood. My heart thumped wildly as I waited for the moment that I've been waiting for.

 

But it didn't happen.

 

Instead, my eyes was greeted with all the smiles and hugs. I can see the look of joy in their eyes as they both gave my son hugs and kisses.

 

What the heck is happening here?

 

"And you must be Haekyung." Minseok's mother was now looking at me.

 

I blinke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter